VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

V.i.p.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-07, 02:35 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssaristo
I guess you have to live the lifestyle in Japan to really understand and acknowledge the differences.
That wont work for most Americans even if you are Half Japanese Half American. Your still considered an outsider and takes time / friends to help you fit in. Even if your car is nicer then theirs your invading thier territory.
Old 06-18-07, 11:32 PM
wiliefeliz
Driver School Candidate

So since looking at the VIP websites, VIP was created by the Japanese. So that Chrysler 300? is it considered VIP? It has the characteristics and what not, but it's not a Japanese car. What classification would you call that if it's not VIP?
Old 06-18-07, 11:56 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It would be classified as VIP styled.
Old 06-19-07, 01:31 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

who cares what its "classified" as as long as its cool looking.
its not some kind of trend that you need to pop your collar or have some sort of requirements to be "VIP".
Old 06-19-07, 01:33 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by {-.-}
That wont work for most Americans even if you are Half Japanese Half American. Your still considered an outsider and takes time / friends to help you fit in. Even if your car is nicer then theirs your invading thier territory.
I'm full Japanese but I spent half of my life in the States and I was never accepted as "one of them". I was always an outsider.

The other way to be completely accepted is to be 100% white for some reason. They'll treat you like a superstar if you have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Last edited by kit cat; 06-19-07 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-19-07, 01:37 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by JP2SEA
hehehe. Takeyari... Tsubushi... zoku... remind me of old days. I'm from Yokohama grew up during the hype of bosozoku in Kanagawa. Remember the CRS? (Yokohama Rengou). I frequently went to the meet for Cats back in the days.

Hamakko here. ssaristo-san, are you in Cali for good? or going back to Japan?
I'm too young. I've heard of 横浜連合 and CRS but when I finally got my license and was in Japan, it was like 2001, 首都高もその頃かなり取り締まりが厳しかったです。 

I used to live 日吉, but I moved to Tokyo b/c my school was over in Tokyo.
Old 06-19-07, 01:40 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by ssaristo
Hahaha, Yup, and very well stated. There thin line between, VIP, EXE and Zoku. I guess you have to live the lifestyle in Japan to really understand and acknowledge the differences. I hate it when people preach to me about VIP when I knew about this stuff and studied it, and saw the actual cars in Japan with my eyes since I was like 11-12 years old. That's 13-14 years ago. Ever since then, I've been talking to my cousin that lives in Japan and has a "SICK" Aristo16, about how and what I can do to have the VIP look.

But all in all, it's your car, it's your emagination, it's your money. Do what you like, don't worry about what other people think or say about your car. Just do it for your own satisfaction. =)
IMO....
VIP = high school drop outs working as a "tobi" construction from the 地方(失敬).
EXE = 金持ち坊ちゃん。kids of yuppies who has nothing better to do
zoku = the kind of people you fear.
Old 06-19-07, 03:01 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
I'm full Japanese but I spent half of my life in the States and I was never accepted as "one of them". I was always an outsider.

The other way to be completely accepted is to be 100% white for some reason. They'll treat you like a superstar if you have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Now I think thats funny......... Your Japanese must $uck for them to think of you as an outsider or your toooo westernized in thier eyes. I have yet to see an American be accepted here in the VIP under ground world so I dont take them to VIP meets. Its bad enough im trying to fit in and me bringing someone along is a no no. NOW not being around VIPcar the women LOVE US. PiMp DaDDy
Old 06-19-07, 03:05 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
who cares what its "classified" as as long as its cool looking.
its not some kind of trend that you need to pop your collar or have some sort of requirements to be "VIP".

I agree w/ BR1AN VIPstyle but in Japan thats the car to have now a days. I would pop up my collor w/ a 300c anyday in Japan but NOT if I drove it in the U.S.
Old 06-19-07, 05:24 AM
kit cat

Now I think thats funny......... Your Japanese must $uck for them to think of you as an outsider or your toooo westernized in thier eyes. I have yet to see an American be accepted here in the VIP under ground world so I dont take them to VIP meets. Its bad enough im trying to fit in and me bringing someone along is a no no. NOW not being around VIPcar the women LOVE US. PiMp DaDDy
I speak/read/comprehend/etc perfect Japanese. Hell, even with a kansaiben. I even used to work for a German auto manufacturer and American auto manufacturer's Japan HQ. but, I guess its the way of thinking and values...but whatever, I had enough with the Japnese corporate crap and being called a banana (yellow on the outside, white in teh inside)

I went to a few VIP meets and everyone was so damn nice to me, even though my Aristo wasnt VIP at all (just more boost, lowed and BBS LM). They really seemed to be open minded accepting people...unlike the corporate people who got their head up their you know what.

but yeah, within the whole realm and subculture of the "car scene" in Japan, it might still be tough even if you speak perfect Japanese if youre not japanese.
Old 06-19-07, 05:26 AM
kit cat

I agree w/ BR1AN VIPstyle but in Japan thats the car to have now a days. I would pop up my collor w/ a 300c anyday in Japan but NOT if I drove it in the U.S.
I really want a 300C SRT8, but I can't own one in the States.
a Japanese driving a 300C SRT8...thats a little weird.

...and you know what, I did pop my collar when I was in Tokyo b/c there is no douch bag factor in it in japan if you pop your collar.
Old 06-19-07, 08:04 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

I have lived in the states all my life, but my Japanese is better than most people in Japan. I can read/write/speak Japanese in the business level, but yet, when I visit Japan, I am considered..."Gaijin"<--Outsider. I guess it's the Asian "Fade" haircut that I have? I don't know what it is, but they still consider me American altough I speak better Japanese than them...it's sad.
Old 06-19-07, 08:27 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting thread guys, its good to read about bippu from the point of view of Japanese CL members

Thanks.
Old 06-19-07, 09:20 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSoup
Interesting thread guys, its good to read about bippu from the point of view of Japanese CL members

Thanks.
Old 06-19-07, 09:38 PM
wiliefeliz
Driver School Candidate

So basically, true bippu is Japanese and VIP is american

Quick Reply: V.i.p.