VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Every one post pics of Air Suspension Setups!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-07, 01:14 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Every one post pics of Air Suspension Setups!

I want to see the creativeness that people have when they set up there airsuspension! Mybe list the brands that they like for valves and Compressors and what size airfittings and lines they run?
Old 04-21-07, 11:49 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Man whats the deal it could be a cool thread! Lets see some trunks?
Old 04-21-07, 03:31 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some truck pics .. I just took from the other thread on here ...

all you see is tanks ;p

Secret ! hahaha nahh if you look around you will find whats I have in the other threads ... at work so can't chase those down .. ;p
Old 04-22-07, 07:55 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Im collecting parts for my sc300. This I what I have so far. Ill be using 3/8 electric valves, and two compressors, on my 5 gal. tank.

Old 04-23-07, 12:30 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

The controller

I like to keep it simple, so everything is hidden with the spare.(except the tank)

Old 04-23-07, 12:39 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Dam thats pretty sick V8! pxrlex thats alot of air you got in there! Why so much do you hit switchs alot or something!
Old 04-23-07, 12:59 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Who else is on air?
Old 04-23-07, 04:06 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by El Captain
Dam thats pretty sick V8! pxrlex thats alot of air you got in there! Why so much do you hit switchs alot or something!
YEAH BABY!!!! That's the way to do it.........

I just hate that my trunk is so darn small, I grew up hittin' hydro switches and it was soooo much fun lol. I had a blast going fbss (on hydraulics), I gottt addicted. Your definitely going to want a much larger tank once you start playing with the switches, even with a high powered compressor and a 5 gallon tank your constantly going to be refilling and refilling and it's a bit noisy. I've used a 12 gallon (pre-filled) air tank loaded with helium. It's crazy fast and sounds cool too Let me add that depending on what type of set-up your doing or I should say the 'kits' that are more commonly sold are the sloooooowest kits. DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST IF YOUR NOT SURE WHAT YOU WANT.

I would suggest using steel or copper fittings and lines instead of plastic, they will hold up much longer with heavy abuse. Parker valves have worked really well with me I like em', but there sure not cheap.

Anyone here using 3/4 or half inch lines??? Just curious, I've only seen them on truck set-ups.

Keep up the great job guys
Old 04-23-07, 06:46 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Ya Iv had experience with parker, GC, & SMC! I realy had no issues with any of them! They have to be strong and up to par to meet D.O.T. standards!
SO whats the norm for Air line set up! There is no reason to use 1/2 inch because its to fast! I understand pefectly that VIP set up cars have lots of money in Body kits and paint, so slow and quite is the key while lowering and lifting to ride highth and parking stance! I also know that companies like Air Runner use Valve Dump Controls wich alow you to controll the amount of air that comes out the dump valve when lowering it also quiets the air comeing out! but they also make mufflors for dump valves!
Old 04-23-07, 08:58 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

More pics even if its not yours!
Old 04-23-07, 09:31 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by El Captain
Ya Iv had experience with parker, GC, & SMC! I realy had no issues with any of them! They have to be strong and up to par to meet D.O.T. standards!
SO whats the norm for Air line set up! There is no reason to use 1/2 inch because its to fast! I understand pefectly that VIP set up cars have lots of money in Body kits and paint, so slow and quite is the key while lowering and lifting to ride highth and parking stance! I also know that companies like Air Runner use Valve Dump Controls wich alow you to controll the amount of air that comes out the dump valve when lowering it also quiets the air comeing out! but they also make mufflors for dump valves!
I hang out with a variety of diverse auto groups/clubs etc and truckn' folks go NUTZ with it. One of my boys has 1/2 in. lines and he actually hopps the truck off the ground a good 2-3 feet!. Well, why not right?

I luv the excitement and rush that comes with extreeme customizing when done properly off course! I like the sound the bags make when being deflated it's the noise of the compressor I don't cut for.

I've come across some sucky valves that always ended up leaking before I got the Parkers. I've also tried the plastic lookin' lines and they got pinched and melted

Great thread by the way
Old 04-24-07, 09:39 AM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Thanks, i wish we could get some support Expecially form All the VIP enthusiasts?
Im sure alot of guys would go air if they relised thats its not realy that hard like it is on trucks! Its more Reliable also becasuse 99% of all your components are covered and away from all the Elements because its all in your trunk!
Old 04-25-07, 10:16 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd post mine but my trunk is no where near show quality...soon...=)

Poy, you got the exact look i'm going for, nice and clean...
Old 04-26-07, 10:08 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

I would post pics, but mine is real basic and no where near show quality. I choose to do a basic set up for now until my audio is done. Hopefully that will be done by summer, but still waiting on a few more pieces and a little more $$$$.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 04-26-07, 10:54 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Here's one of the recent systems I made for manila_boy.

Quick Reply: Every one post pics of Air Suspension Setups!