VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

VIP Inspired IS 350...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 11:38 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Anyway, my last comment on this is that none of my posts had anything to do with the IS350 itself, but more the attitude toward the owner by some. I just wanted to see this forum stay more contructive rather than just shoot him down, especially since he never made any comment about his car being a VIP car to begin with. Maybe I'm just dreaming of a better world where we all have more respect for each other and help each other out rather than knock them down.

I guess it goes both ways CK6Speed, so don't be too hard on them. VIP guys get bashed (or atleast discouraged by others) on their own forum section all the time. Even you had a little bit of negativity towards the "wanna be VIP cars out there"

Last edited by V8_Aristo; 04-07-07 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-08-07, 01:34 AM
Mobstar
Pole Position

A quick chop of suka4thong's car
& this is what i call a vip-inspired is350
Old 04-08-07, 01:50 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

^I can't wait to see an IS350 on Weds Kranze Bazreias with good fitment and a mean drop.
Old 04-08-07, 02:59 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
I guess it goes both ways CK6Speed, so don't be too hard on them. VIP guys get bashed (or atleast discouraged by others) on their own forum section all the time. Even you had a little bit of negativity towards the "wanna be VIP cars out there"
I agree. I think we all need to step back at times including myself One thing I never do though is criticize one stylistic choice. I do frown on a lot of people for their attitude though. I hope you and other early adopters of VIP in the US become trend setters. Think outside the box. After all, that is part of VIP to begin with right
Old 04-08-07, 08:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by chubby
VIP/EXE require your car style to be a cop magnet.
That's not true. You can tastefully execute VIP/EXE styling without having those issues. Many VIP styled cars reside here in SoCal, the ones i've been around and rode in don't attract negative attention from law enforcement. V8_Aristo's car is a prime example.

Last edited by flipside909; 04-08-07 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-08-07, 02:24 PM
888DC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VIP LXS
Here's a pic of my car

Work Euroline XR
19x9 +35 225/35/19
19x10 +35 245/35/19
[/QUOTE]

did that guy at revision audio, tell you this was VIP! this is so not VIP!!!! sorry man.
Old 04-08-07, 03:22 PM
chubby
Lead Lap

poy's ride has never been pulled over?! deng... good look lol
Old 04-08-07, 04:01 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by chubby
poy's ride has never been pulled over?! deng... good look lol
One other thing I love about air suspension is the ability to raise up the car to a decent height that it falls under the radar. I think being pulled over will depend more on how you drive and not what you drive.

Old 04-08-07, 04:45 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

did that guy at revision audio, tell you this was VIP! this is so not VIP!!!! sorry man.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm pretty sure Revision Audio didn't tell him it was VIP. In fact, the OP didn't even state his car was VIP to begin with either. I think Revision Audio and Automic's are one of the few shops on Oahu that actually cater to the VIP enthusiasts to begin with anyway.
Old 04-08-07, 08:21 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mobstar
A quick chop of suka4thong's car
& this is what i call a vip-inspired is350
^^
DAMN
i'm loving that setup.
thankx Mobstar!!
Old 04-09-07, 03:27 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

I hate bippu phonies
Old 04-10-07, 01:21 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I also agree that the best way to learn is to learn it from those that are doing it. That is way I don't like to see members posting one liners about how another members car is NOT VIP or NOT VIP Style without directing them and giving them pointers. Many in this very topic have done an excellent job with posting suggestions or pictures of what would be considered more VIP Style and that is great. Others; however, seem to feel if you don't get it you never will and don't give any other suggestion aside from your car will never be VIP.

So am I my friend, so am I That is why I rather see more educational and positive comments to new VIP enthusiasts rather than people posting they are tired of the repeated questions and the newbies. As an enthusiasts myself, I never get tired of talking, looking, and attempting to mod my car in the VIP Style. Although I do it my way I rather answer 100 repeated newbie questions a day than not answer any at all. At least then I know people are interested and want to learn and the culture in the US is growing. But that is just me. I just don't mind attempting to answer any question if I am able to provide some help.

I enjoy this VIP forum more than the other VIP Style forum eventhough I am a member there as well. I think I average something like 1 posts a month or less there because I don't get an accepting vibe from many of the members there toward newbies. Here, it seems people are still willing to help and be more educational rather than debate and confrontational which I think the other form is.

Anyway, my last comment on this is that none of my posts had anything to do with the IS350 itself, but more the attitude toward the owner by some. I just wanted to see this forum stay more contructive rather than just shoot him down, especially since he never made any comment about his car being a VIP car to begin with. Maybe I'm just dreaming of a better world where we all have more respect for each other and help each other out rather than knock them down.
Thank you. I found my way over to VIPStyleCars through a link from G35Driver.com. And when I got there, I saw some great classy cars, lots of expensive mods, and an extremely immature attitude.

There was no sense of community outside of those who's cars were distinctly VIP, with their rocker panels on the ground, 215's on 9" wide wheels with a +10 offset, and an Auto Couture or JP body kit. They were borderline abusive towards cars that had "VIP" wheels but in a less aggressive offset, or a car that didn't quite fit perfectly. It seemed to be more about exclusivity and pretentiousness. Turned me off to the whole site, and almost the whole scene.
Old 04-11-07, 04:55 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by panyo64
Thank you. I found my way over to VIPStyleCars through a link from G35Driver.com. And when I got there, I saw some great classy cars, lots of expensive mods, and an extremely immature attitude.

There was no sense of community outside of those who's cars were distinctly VIP, with their rocker panels on the ground, 215's on 9" wide wheels with a +10 offset, and an Auto Couture or JP body kit. They were borderline abusive towards cars that had "VIP" wheels but in a less aggressive offset, or a car that didn't quite fit perfectly. It seemed to be more about exclusivity and pretentiousness. Turned me off to the whole site, and almost the whole scene.
To tell you the truth, I personally have a few local friend's on that forum that have very nice VIP cars like the Y-33, F50 Q45, LS400s, GS400. Many of them won 1st place in VIP Style categories at car shows with all top name brand VIP mods. Some are a little more hard core than others and even among them we have different points of view, and some of them are a little harsher than I'd like on outsiders. It doesn't mean I don't like or respect them as my friends, I just don't like the attitude. But what can you do? Some people are just like that. Probably why I refrain from talking VIP with some of them now days.
Old 04-11-07, 06:49 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by panyo64

You're not the only one who feels this way. There are so many who register, post a few, get fed up, and never return. This is why I like the sense of community here at CL.....regardless of how some at VSC look at CL member...
Old 04-12-07, 02:00 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MrMark
You're not the only one who feels this way. There are so many who register, post a few, get fed up, and never return. This is why I like the sense of community here at CL.....regardless of how some at VSC look at CL member...
You know Mark, I wonder if it is because we both came from the old Legend days where nobody made anything for the Legend and nobody helped us. We had no choice but stick together and encourage and help each other out or nothing would have gotten done. If we turned on each other the Legend guys wouldn't be enjoying what they have today.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 04-12-07 at 07:02 AM.

Quick Reply: VIP Inspired IS 350...