UX Models (2019-present)

Back to the Lexus family

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-21, 06:25 PM
SunnyHMoon
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Back to the Lexus family

Hey guys! I used to own a 2017 IS350 before it was written off after being t-boned.

since then I bought a 4runner (sold it because I just wasn’t a fan of how sluggish it was) then bought my first German with the C43 AMG, which I enjoyed but sold it after getting a good price for it during this inventory limited time thanks to covid.

i wanted something a bit more practical with good fuel economy (C43 was god awful) but also with some luxurious features.

then I came across the UX250h after a friend recommended it and wow, I was impressed. I’ve always been in love with the current Lexus design language so the UX was no different. I knew it was a big step down power wise from the C43 but I found the UX to have plenty of power for city driving as it’s nimble and has nice handling. The fuel economy so far is just out of this world as I’m getting 6.3L/100km. The ride feels smooth so far also.

i know the UX doesn’t get too many favourable reviews from critics but I honestly have been enjoying it since I got it last week. Granted I don’t have any kids so the backseat is rarely used but it’s just nice to have the extra room in case I need to drive people or put things in the back.

always enjoyed being on this forum when I had my IS so I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to learn some tips from fellow UX owners!

Last edited by SunnyHMoon; 10-02-21 at 06:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SunnyHMoon:
1wacko (10-05-21), DaveGS4 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 12:40 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts

Welcome, Twin

I dont think anyone buys the UX to autobahn the thing. It's great for urban commute and has enough power to do what most people in the real world would use it for. The cargo space on my UXH is a tad small, all my work gear sits back there and the backseat is reserved for the dogs, but that's why I got the cargo box, since I'm pretty active, so that helps.
The following users liked this post:
SunnyHMoon (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 03:49 PM
SunnyHMoon
Driver

Originally Posted by tofuprod
Welcome, Twin

I dont think anyone buys the UX to autobahn the thing. It's great for urban commute and has enough power to do what most people in the real world would use it for. The cargo space on my UXH is a tad small, all my work gear sits back there and the backseat is reserved for the dogs, but that's why I got the cargo box, since I'm pretty active, so that helps.
Thank you! I love the colour combo.

agree with everything you said! As a guy with no kids or pets, it’s perfect for my day to day usage.

I also love nearby Banff so I’m excited to drive it out to the mountains soon

whats your fuel economy been like?
Old 10-05-21, 04:00 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts

Well, before the cargo box I was getting probably 45 or so. Right now I get about 35.
SunnyHMoon (10-18-21)
Old 10-05-21, 11:01 AM
Littlegoat
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your UX! I love mine for all the reasons you mentioned.
SunnyHMoon (10-18-21)
Old 10-11-21, 01:43 PM
Funride
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I love my UXh and most of the time I'm the only person in the car, so it has been the perfect size for me. I just took a 1000 mile girls trip with three friends and we were fine - even those in the backseat. 4 carry-on suitcases fit in the cargo area along with a few soft side bags.

We were driving in the mountains of Pennsylvania and I found the car to have plenty of power to go up steep roads and on the highway, it's great. Most of my driving is in the city with some expressway driving - I couldn't be more pleased with this car.

Last edited by Funride; 10-18-21 at 04:14 PM.
SunnyHMoon (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 11:27 AM
SunnyHMoon
Driver

Originally Posted by Funride
I love my UXh and most of the time, I'm the only person in the car, so it has been the perfect size for me. I just took a 1000 mile girls trip with three friends and we were fine - even those in the backseat. 4 carry-on suitcases fit in the cargo area along with a few soft side bags.

We were driving in the mountains of Pennsylvania and I found the car to have plenty of power to go up steep roads and on the highway, it's great. Most of my driving is in the city with some expressway driving - I couldn't be more pleased with this car.
That’s great to hear! I’m excited to take it on road trips for that reason as it’s comfortable and great on gas. Cabin noise seems nicely insulated as well