Need new tires. Not happy with current Michelinís. Please help. - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Special Interest Forums > The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum
Need new tires.  Not happy with current Michelinís.  Please help. >

Need new tires. Not happy with current Michelinís. Please help.

The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need new tires. Not happy with current Michelinís. Please help.

Old 02-17-18, 02:21 PM
euphorical
Driver School Candidate

Default Need new tires. Not happy with current Michelinís. Please help.

2014 IS 350 F, AWD. Bought this from dealership. CPO. Bad tire cupping and horrible longevity.
Old 02-24-18, 06:41 PM
ericlee303
Driver School Candidate

edited below

Last edited by ericlee303; 02-24-18 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-24-18, 06:43 PM
ericlee303
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by euphorical View Post
2014 IS 350 F, AWD. Bought this from dealership. CPO. Bad tire cupping and horrible longevity.
If your alignment is aggressive for whatever reason you'll irregularly wear any tire. But like you're asking, some are less prone to cupping. Try a tire like the Pilot Sport or Falken FK451 with circumfrential grooves and little shoulder blocking. I run the latter with the insides out because the outsides are basically a solid block and don't cup easily on the inside. I've tried a lot of tires and this setup is one of the longest lasting I've had.
Old 10-18-18, 11:55 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

If I may....
Recently I purchased some all season Michelin premier tires from Costco. Had them for a week and they started to shake the car. I could feel the car vibrate from the wheels. Had to wait a week to take it in due to work.
They rebalanced it and down the road I went except the rebalancing failed to address the shakes. Didn't have time to go back. Another week went by.
Tired of it I took it to Americas Tire where they road forced balanced it. Accept no other method.
Bingo.
Fixed. Car drives butter smooth.
However, I have noticed a small uptick in road noise level of these tires compared to the last year's premier I purchased. Maybe they changed the formula. Mind you this is with a TON of sound deadening in my car. I shouldn't be able to hear it this much. Strange.
​​

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need new tires. Not happy with current Michelinís. Please help.

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: