Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Stay away from Wheelmax

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-02, 11:15 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from Wheelmax

Well guys I bought some wheels from www.wheelmax.com back in May and had some problems with their ordering service. They shipped them to the Maryland UPS office with out my address so they could'nt delivere them to me. The wheels were fine except , I needed to rebalanced them BAD, My tech said "Who the Hell balance these" They were that bad. But anyways back to the story. I have order some new centering caps for my wheels being that I lost one. I order them June 27 and tell this day I have not gotten them, They been telling me there on the way for over a month. Guess what I called them today and they tell me " We just talk to the Manufacture they are on the way" so I ask for a tracking number they don't have one yet!!! Yeah right! So I get smart on they A$$, I call the Manufacture myself and ask......Man they told me that they haven't order anything for my wheels since the purchase of my wheels:eek: So I ask well who is the person that order from you guys @ wheelmax. Sure enough the same B that said she talked to them today and they were on there way . Ofcourse I call them back wheelmax that is and ask for the B that ordered them. She gets on the phone and I tell her that I want to cancal the Order, she says you can't they are already on the way... I say who are you kidding lady, I just talk to the Manufacture and you guys have not order nothing for my wheels. she was quite for a couple of sec. I tell her again I want to cancal and I want my money back.....or I will report you guys to B.B.B man she was ok ok don't we will give you your money back. But I am still gonna report them because that is not right. I you guys are thinking of dealing with them I would be careful thats all.
Old 07-31-02, 11:46 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

besides that the wheels the sell are horrible.......especially at 20inchandup.com, nothing but knockoffs.
Old 07-31-02, 08:21 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: Stay away from Wheelmax

Originally posted by GS400_PUSHER
... I you guys are thinking of dealing with them I would be careful thats all.
Why would others use them? They're not a Club Lexus sponsor....
Old 08-01-02, 03:44 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, really....well, looks like another case of letting the wallet do the decision making...when will people learn? When you go cheap, expect cheap. Don't expect something good for close to nothing....

Well at least GS400_PUSHER was nice enough to share his experience with them...
Old 08-01-02, 04:59 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gotta addmitt that Dronell deal was pretty good. Although I would like to support ClubLexus in any way I can, when it comes to a deal where the price difference for rhe same product is significant, I would get it where it's cheaper.

GS_Pusher...report them man, I hate when dealers lie so openly.
Old 08-01-02, 06:00 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Man, sorry to hear it really didn't work out for you! That totally sucks when companies do that to people. How do they expect to get more business?
Old 08-01-02, 10:02 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy had a bad experience with them as well. He ordered a set of wheels for a MBZ. They told him he could use the OEM lugs for the new wheels. It took 2 months for the wheels to get to my buddy. When we put the wheels on and used the OEM lugs, we noticed they didn't fit. The new wheels have a conical/tapered seat and the OEM has a ball/radius seat. The OEM lugs were also too long. I called the company myself and talked to a guy and asked him why he didn't include a set of lugs. He said "I didn't know it wouldn't fit." Yickes! A wheel company didn't know that the seat and lenght of the OEM lugs would not fit? BEWARE!

MAC

Last edited by 0260n5.7; 08-01-02 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-01-02, 10:12 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

I am no way condoning the actions of this company, however since they are not here to defend themsevles, let me say a few things...

Sometimes these orders do take a long time to process. I have a customer from Club Lexus who is on month #2 of his order with Volk, and they probably won't be here for another 2. I also have a CL customer who is waiting on Blitz wheels. I tell my customers before I see a time how long it could take and the potential problems associated with the order. Both have agreed, and both have been great to work with.

Customers often become upset when items aren't stocked to combat this problem. Stocking wheels in mass poses many problems for business, with the primary problem being the sheer number of combinations available. Take the widely popular TE37 from Volk for an example. There are 16 variations of the wheel in the 18" size alone, assuming you don't count the three colors they're available in. (Then there's 48) This would force the business to stock millions of dollars in wheels, which I would be happy to do, but most consumers would rather pay $100 less somewhere else to a business that will lie to them about ship time. So we end up back at square one. I shared this just to give the customers a little insight to the industry, since we're discussing it.

The bottom line, I think, for the customer is to find a shop that is honest and forthcoming. When I order products personally, I don't like surprises-- my business operates on the same principle.

Last edited by Wheel Kinetics; 08-01-02 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-01-02, 11:01 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-05-02, 11:37 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Well said Dennis. I tell you if everyone could work in a shop for 1-2 days they would realize how this industry is. I have never seen an industry so logged with backorders. A customer orders online and expects it the next day, at my shop we have over 450k in import parts in stock, but the topselling items we can't keep on the shelf, even the items we stock by the 40-50 once they sell out they go on backorder (such as Greddy Turbo timers, S-AFC). You can try and predict sales and stock what sells, but if the parent companies here in the states can't then what? I have waited 2 months + for both sets of my Blitz wheels and would wait another 2 months for another set (although 5 months is the current wait I've had on customers wheels). In this situation it's hard to say whose at fault, but many times in the US it's not the shops to blame but rather the US Distributors who have a hard time predicting the sales volume and usually are greatly under stocked (meaning 2 months by boat.)