Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-02, 05:18 PM
The Man 986
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tires

Hey guys, Ive had these tires on my 18x8.5 Neeper Shadows and I ordered them as a package deal so the tires they gave me were 225/40 zr falken tires..they were alright at first but after about 6 months one of the tires on the back passenger side practicaly blew off...i had no tire in the middle of my rim it was terrible..luckily i got a new tire but the **** happened again at the beach about a yr after i got the new tire...Falkens are pieces of **** so I was wondering if you guys could give me some opinions on new tires and sizes I should get. Ill most likely get 225/40s on the front but im debating on getting bigger tires on the back...but if i do what size would be a good idea to get?? Also in tire brand Im deciding between Nitto nt 555's, Toyo Proxes T1-s's, Yokohama Avs sport's, Pirelly pzero's...or any other brand or kind of tire between these brands. Im not really in tune with tires so I thought id ask my fellow clublexus members to gimme some help on picking out the right tires that wont leave a bad taste in my mouth after Ive put them on my GS. All your opinions and past experiences with some of these tires will be surely appreciated.
Thanxx
Old 03-25-02, 06:23 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's strange it happened to you twice. I have the Falken GR FK451's and have no problems with them so far. I Know the Bridgestone SO-3's are not as grippy as the SO-2's, IMO If your choice is between the Nitto's and the Toyo's, get the Toyo's, I heard good reports from guys who has them.
Aloha