Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

how to find out offset on iforged

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 09:22 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to find out offset on iforged

Hey everyone i was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a set of iforged rims and need to sell them but have on idea what offset they are. is there anyway to find out the offset of these rims?

ive heard somewhere (not sure true or not) that iforged doesnt really give out offsets.

THANKS much appreciated.
Old 08-29-08, 06:36 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

sure...
you can measure them yourself.... it's quite easy...

first, lay the wheel on the ground flat on its back... measure the distance from outside lip to outside lip... Assume it's a 9.5" wheel, and you measure 10.25" (the rim flanges add a little width that isn't counted in rim width). Now, measure from the ground to the mounting face of the wheel (the part that sits against the hub of the car) - this number is your backspacing. With backspacing and width, we can find offset quite easily. On this same wheel, assume, we measure 6" backspacing. If we had a 0 offset wheel, meaning the mounting face is right down the middle, our backspace would be 5.125" (half the width) Since our actual backspacing is bigger than the centerline measurement, then we know we have a positive offset (if backspacing was less than the centerline, it would be a negative offset) Alright, so, we need the difference from actual vs centerline backspace, which is .875" (6"-5.125"=.875") which is our positive offset, then just multiply by 25.4 to get mm offset... In this case, our example has a 22.2mm positive offset...

This assumes you have a bare wheel - if there is a tire on it, you will need something flat to spread across the backside of the wheel to get an accurate measurement...
Old 08-29-08, 06:41 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow great info.. thanks i will have to try that! thanks again!!!