Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheel / Tire fitment question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 10:52 PM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel / Tire fitment question...

Before you flame me, rest assured that I have done plenty of searching and read through the 'official wheel and tire fitment guide' as well as other fitment postings, and sizing charts....

That said, I'm considering upgrading SC300 wheels to 19's. I know what i want for the front will fit no prob, but I'm concerned about the rear. I know I'm going to need to shave my rear fender lips, but I'm not sure if that will be enough. I'm running stock suspension right now (plan to get tein cs's in 6 months or so) ... The wheels will be 19" x 9.5 x 38 offset, and the tires i want to use are 275 / 35 / 19. Is this possible without rolling my rear fenders? right now I'm running 265 / 35 / 18's and I don't rub at all with 18x9x38 offset wheels. This change will bring my overall tire diameter up +1.28" so i'll be filling up about +.64" more of my wheel well. I don't want to have to go down to 275 / 30's, i'd prefer to use 35's (more meat!) Thanks in advance for any input guys! -=nathan

edit : oops, thanks for moving this to the correct forum

Last edited by NPSC303; 10-31-05 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-31-05, 11:53 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

why in the world would you put aftermarket wheels of any size on a car with stock suspension?
Old 10-31-05, 11:55 PM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Your comment was less than helpful, i don't think i'm the first to use aftermarket wheels with stock suspension. Please keep your negative comments to yourself
Old 11-01-05, 12:03 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NPSC303
Your comment was less than helpful, i don't think i'm the first to use aftermarket wheels with stock suspension. Please keep your negative comments to yourself
I assure you, you arn't the first. Nor will you be the last. Why people think it looks good is beyond me. Why not keep your current wheels and get some aftermarket suspension? That would help looks a lot more than 19's would.
Old 11-01-05, 12:06 AM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Could someone please simply answer my question... :
Old 11-01-05, 12:11 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

It's not hard to figure out on your own. Since you already know the offset and width of your current set up measure the clearence you currently have then subtract the added width fromt he new set up. It's not rocket science.

BTW: I doubt 19x11 -40 would rub with stock suspension..... lol I dunno why your worried about rubbing.
Old 11-01-05, 12:37 AM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
It's not hard to figure out on your own. Since you already know the offset and width of your current set up measure the clearence you currently have then subtract the added width fromt he new set up. It's not rocket science.

BTW: I doubt 19x11 -40 would rub with stock suspension..... lol I dunno why your worried about rubbing.
You obviously don't have expertise in this department then. and the wheel width isn't as much of a factor as the tire width is. I could maybe put 19x11 wheels on with 225 tires and it would fit, but no way in hell would it fit with the proper size tires I'm worried about rubbing because I barely have 1.5 inches of clearance. Honestly I'm suprised I'm not rubbing now. I know i will rub with the new wheels and tires. I just want someone to tell me if shaving the plastic fender lips is enough yeeesh....

Last edited by NPSC303; 11-01-05 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-01-05, 06:53 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

You obviously don't have expertise in this department then.....
HAHAHAHA yea... that's it

I JUST told you how to figure it out. If your too incompetent to understand that, it's not my fault. The measuring and subtracting was taking tire size into account. Like I said this isn't rocket science, why are people so damn lazy? Did you not graduate highschool? i mean it's like 3ed grade math you have to do here. lol
Old 11-01-05, 08:58 PM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

OBVIOUSLY you must be moderately illiterate, or you would have seen the rest of my post instead of only digesting one sentence before you made your ******* remarks.
Please stop "contributing" to this thread....

Last edited by NPSC303; 11-01-05 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-02-05, 07:10 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

OBVIOUSLY you must be moderately illiterate, or you would have seen the rest of my post instead of only digesting one sentence before you made your ******* remarks.
Please stop "contributing" to this thread....

awww someone sounds upset. Stop being lazy, go get a ruler and measure it. Everyone isn't going to spoon feed you everything you want to know all the time.

O and how am I moderately illiterate? I read the rest of that dribble you wrote, lol and I know exactly what you are asking and i told you exactly how to figure it out. Hell, I could tell you yes it would or no it wouldn't, because it's very simple to figure out, but people should learn how to do things on their own...

BUT just to make you happy, I'll reply to everything you say, since you seem to get so upset when I don't:
and the wheel width isn't as much of a factor as the tire width is. I could maybe put 19x11 wheels on with 225 tires and it would fit, but no way in hell would it fit with the proper size tires I'm worried about rubbing because I barely have 1.5 inches of clearance. Honestly I'm suprised I'm not rubbing now. I know i will rub with the new wheels and tires. I just want someone to tell me if shaving the plastic fender lips is enough yeeesh....
You're suprised your not rubbing now? Give me a break, your current wheel set up is far from agressive, and the one you plan on running isn't much better. What does "shaving the plastic fender lips" mean anyway? And BTW offset and width will determine if it'll rub, tire size should be determined by offset and width. Unless of course you are one of those SC guys who thinks they NEED a 275 tire to keep all 200whp on the ground.....hahahah I ran a 245 on my Soarer for over a year making well over 300whp and didn't have a problem with Traction. kthnxbye

Last edited by JZZ30TT; 11-02-05 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 08:17 PM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Actually, (and this might come to your amazement) but i am already rubbing, as i discovered today going over a small bump on my street at a modest 10mph. I'm guessing your vast "experience" lies in configurations with aftermarket suspension, or you probably wouldn't have been so confident that my car could handle 11" wheels in the rear without any problems or fender modifications (let alone my 9's). So it looks like I already need to shave my fenders in order to achieve flawless performance. BTW I was out measuring my clearance well before i made my first post in this thread. Please don't call me lazy, because like many of your other statments, that would be inaccurate. I understand you really believe you know a lot about this and everything else it would seem, but unfortunately this doesn't appear to be the case. Please do continue to post if you feel you must (as i'm sure it makes you feel important), but please don't give me any more of your ignorant advise as some people could end up damaging their vehicle by listening to you.

EDIT : Also, just so you know... Call me crazy, but I like having the proper tire sizes on my wheels. Not just because it looks goofy having an inch of metal sticking out all the way around, but because it's provides for better tire life, and if you ever end up going over any kind of pothole it will give your rims more protection.

Last edited by NPSC303; 11-02-05 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-02-05, 08:47 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JZZ30TT,

If you are not going to help the guy, please just let him be. Everyone's needs and tastes are different. What you do to YOUR car may be great to you but may not be to someone else, and vice versa. Constructive criticism and belittling someone's choices are two different things. You've had your say and I am sure NPSC303 knows where you stand by now.

NPSC303,
I wish I could confirm for you but since I don't have an SC, I would only be guessing based on my GS and that would not be accurate for you. Hopefully, someone else will chime in. Otherwise, maybe you can check your numbers against the ones in this thread to see who is close and PM them for help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158592

Responses may vary.

Good luck.