Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Fender Rolling Tool....I HAVE ONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 12:43 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Fender Rolling Tool....I HAVE ONE!!

I have an actual fender rolling tool to roll the lips on any car. For those Club Lexus members who would like to use it, I'd be up for sending it to you for a small donation of $50 towards my purchase of said tool along with $20 for shipping of the tool and associated other tools that are needed to do the job. I'll also need a deposit on the equipment before I send it out.

Increase tire/fender clearance, flare fenders and/or repair wheel arch collision damage with this pro grade forming tool. Bolts directly to hub flange. Elongated holes in adapter plate fit all popular 4 and 5 bolt hubs, and are held in place with the included dished washers and vehicles lug nuts. Forming arm adjusts from 14" to 22 3/4" Delrin ® ball bearing forming roller is tough enough to form the fender without damaging the paint.

PM me if you would like to schedule a week in the upcoming months to use it. I'll also bind up some instructions on how to use it properly so as to not damage your paint. Detailed instructions will come with the tools.

Attached Thumbnails Fender Rolling Tool....I HAVE ONE!!-p16482.jpg  
Old 09-20-04, 05:04 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very interesting

have you used this yet and if you have do you have any

pics of its results

johnny
Old 09-20-04, 05:26 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

What a generous offer to the CL members, but I'd be afraid I wouldn't get it back. Sounds risky.

though!
Old 09-20-04, 09:02 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u know what funny, i was at atire shop 2day and in th eback one of the techs was useing a tool just like this and i didn't know what it was and didn't ask but now u basically explained 2 me what it is, now i know i have a shop with this tool i might go and try it out for future projects....i was wondoring what the hell he was doing
Old 09-20-04, 10:34 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
What a generous offer to the CL members, but I'd be afraid I wouldn't get it back. Sounds risky.

though!
Well, I plan on covering my a** (CYA) with a nice hefty credit card deposit before I ship it out.
Old 09-20-04, 10:35 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Originally posted by T.L.W.
very interesting

have you used this yet and if you have do you have any

pics of its results

johnny
I have a bunch of before and after photos that I'll post up here on this thread when I get a chance.
Old 09-21-04, 02:08 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by speedking
I have a bunch of before and after photos that I'll post up here on this thread when I get a chance.
thanks

johnny

cant wait
Old 09-21-04, 02:28 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Red face

just do it the ghetto way, use a baseball bat to roll the fender. lol! thats how my friends do it or thats how they used to do it.
Old 09-21-04, 02:39 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Originally posted by antbo
just do it the ghetto way, use a baseball bat to roll the fender. lol! thats how my friends do it or thats how they used to do it.
As fun as it sounds, I'll pass and do it the way it's supposed to be done. Besides, you're driving a Lexus man, not a Civic, act like it would ya. lol

Last edited by speedking; 09-21-04 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-21-04, 02:57 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

As fun as it sounds to stand around my Lex with a 40 oz. malt liquor in my hand, some ghetto rap in the background, a baseball bat jammed above the tire in the fender well, and 5 of your homies saying "hit that ***** man, just bend that fender, come on....push it harder......SNAP, KRINKLE....whoops dude"......

I'll pass and do it the way it's supposed to be done. Besides, you're driving a Lexus man, not a Civic, act like it would ya. lol

Ya heards me LOL
Old 09-21-04, 06:58 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As fun as it sounds to stand around my Lex with a 40 oz. malt liquor in my hand, some ghetto rap in the background, a baseball bat jammed above the tire in the fender well, and 5 of your homies saying "hit that ***** man, just bend that fender, come on....push it harder......SNAP, KRINKLE....whoops dude"......

I'll pass and do it the way it's supposed to be done. Besides, you're driving a Lexus man, not a Civic, act like it would ya. lol
wrong approach man
Old 09-21-04, 08:28 PM
sc300n00b
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL...where was this tool when I came by? Hmm come to think of it, do I even need it? No rubbing issues
Speedking is veryt trustworthy guys, to those of you thinking of taking him up on this offer. He only robs n00bs like me
Old 09-21-04, 08:45 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Default Bu-wa-ha-ha

Originally posted by sc300n00b
LOL...where was this tool when I came by? Hmm come to think of it, do I even need it? No rubbing issues
Speedking is veryt trustworthy guys, to those of you thinking of taking him up on this offer. He only robs n00bs like me
Well, you don't need to roll your fenders because you weren't trying to fit tires and wheels made for a Supra TT under your SC.

Thanks for the kudos on being trustworthy and robbing you all in the same sentence. Somehow, I'd think that getting a nearly new set of tires and wheels for 1/2 price hardly constitutes 'robbing'. Hell, look at the smile on your face in the attached pic....you hardly look like someone just had a gun to your head. Hell, all I can see is teeth!

I had to roll my fenders because my new NZO Halos are +38mm, not +43mm like my Blitz wheels. But since I'm many months out from getting my Blitz replacement wheel, I had to do something to get the bastards to fit.
Attached Thumbnails Fender Rolling Tool....I HAVE ONE!!-picture-004-small.jpg  

Last edited by speedking; 09-21-04 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-21-04, 08:49 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Originally posted by sc300n00b
BTW...are you taking care of my SC300 that I'll be buying next year to do the 2JZ-GTE TT conversion on?

Last edited by speedking; 09-22-04 at 09:35 AM.