Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Aftermarket performance parts for 2007 gs350

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-18, 04:41 PM
toyotalovr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket performance parts for 2007 gs350

I recently purchased a 2007 gs350 and I absolutely love this car. I even took it to the Tail of the Dragon for an event called Touge Fest, and was wondering what the best suspension mods I should install on my car. I plan on removing the rear seats to help make it lighter, because the car weighs about 4,000 lbs. Not too worried about engine mods because the car already has enough power.
https://killboy.photoreflect.com/sto...o=4801&pc=4817
Old 12-09-18, 07:21 AM
adrock265
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

leave your seat, it literally weighs about 12 pounds no difference there. If you want a real suspension on your car go to shopfigs.com. Get a set of at least bc coils, KW if you really wanna be a hot boi. Rear mega arms, all rear links, front LCA bushing replacement, set of f sport sway bars, Figs sway end links and realistically every bushing he sells. Then your car will handle like and evo killer. I should know I have all this on my car plus rims, falken azenis rt615k and it never breaks grip. Be ready to drop about 5-6 grand but itll be worth if if thats your thang.
The following users liked this post:
BeachBum7 (10-23-19)
Old 12-10-18, 08:28 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Look into Tom's brace parts. The front suspension member mount made worlds of difference. In fact I have the full brace setup and it changed the car from night to day. Left to right corner transitions are welcomed instead of dreaded. The car feels less "sloppy" and more stiff. Any steering input is immediate without having to "wait" for the car. These braces combined with suspension mentioned above should provide a more rewarding driving car. I know my GS handles like a dream, and I bet the braces help with that feeling.
The following users liked this post:
BeachBum7 (10-23-19)
Old 12-19-18, 01:59 PM
adrock265
Rookie

do you actually have the toms brace kit? it goes for like 7900 , your car doesnt even look lowered in your pic, i highly doubt you have this at all. Also just went through your posts and you said you have tanabe2f10, you cant buy any of the braces seperate they are only sold in a kit and why would you spend thousands on a brace kits from toms to have ****ty 200 dollar springs and not the coilovers that come with the brace kit. And for the final kill, you have a tanabe medallion exhuast which would interfere with the toms brace, only toms exhuast will clear the braces, I know because I have an invidia midpipe and hks high power exhuast and was told by toms only stock and toms exhaust wont hit the rear brace. lol so many liars on this site!! If im wron post a pic of any of the suspoension pieces on your car not just pics from the toms site.

Last edited by adrock265; 12-19-18 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-19-18, 02:07 PM
adrock265
Rookie

Here's my setup as proooc it exists and isn't from a keyboard warrior
Old 12-20-18, 04:40 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by adrock265
do you actually have the toms brace kit? it goes for like 7900 , your car doesnt even look lowered in your pic, i highly doubt you have this at all. Also just went through your posts and you said you have tanabe2f10, you cant buy any of the braces seperate they are only sold in a kit and why would you spend thousands on a brace kits from toms to have ****ty 200 dollar springs and not the coilovers that come with the brace kit. And for the final kill, you have a tanabe medallion exhuast which would interfere with the toms brace, only toms exhuast will clear the braces, I know because I have an invidia midpipe and hks high power exhuast and was told by toms only stock and toms exhaust wont hit the rear brace. lol so many liars on this site!! If im wron post a pic of any of the suspoension pieces on your car not just pics from the toms site.

Thank you for your skepticism. The car does not need to be lowered to be equipped with brace parts. You can buy the parts individually if you do your research. I sourced my Tom's brace parts from vendors on Rakuten.co.jp and amazon.co.jp. I know finding these parts in the USA will most likely be impossible due to the market size for them, so I went direct to the home market.

I do have springs, but in no way are they ********. I helped explore the possibility to install GS450h specific springs that were not readily available in the USA market. I am sure, you, as a gs expert, know that the gs450h is different from the other models due to battery weight in the rear. At the time I installed the springs, the main recommendation was to install gs350 nf/df springs. My research told me that everyone here in the USA was using the wrong springs. So I went out and decided to buy them from Japan to let everyone know there was a lowering spring option for the hybrid. I even made a super detailed thread in case others were wondering about doing springs instead of coil-overs. Please reference here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...installed.html

I do intend to upgrade to the Tom's coil-overs, but my stock shocks have yet to blow.

"I know because I have an invidia midpipe and hks high power exhuast and was told by toms only stock and toms exhaust wont hit the rear brace."
I too was worried about exhaust pipe clearance, but went the extra mile see if it fit, and it did with clearance. I am glad you took the Tom's general compatibility information to heart. I am actually quite surprised at your response as I was trying to help fellow members that may not know about these parts.

top tower brace

Front suspension member brace

Middle body brace. Plenty of exhaust clearance.

Rear suspension member brace: Note: Only stock sway bars fit due to the attaching bracket. I tried to keep my f-sport sway bar but would of had to sacrifice 2 link parts of the brace. I tried both with/without f-sport sway bar and full Tom's brace with stock sway bar felt best.

Oh look exhaust pipe clearance! Funny no response..."
Here's my setup as proooc it exists and isn't from a keyboard warrior"

Last edited by rl9010; 01-22-19 at 05:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rl9010:
BeachBum7 (10-23-19), Tron1658 (05-29-22)