Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Aftermarket shocks/struts possibly?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-16, 11:28 AM
JIS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket shocks/struts possibly?

*Let me start off by apologizing if there is already a thread out there that answers the question I'm about to ask, if you can link me to the appropriate thread or simply in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

So I've had RSR down springs installed on my 2013 Lexus gs350 AWD for about two months now and I've come to realize that the ride quality has been super bouncy despite the stiffer springs; I can feel the car bounce everytime I go over an uneven surface on the road and I do not like it one bit. I figured that the reason for this is because my oem shocks/struts are spec'd to oem springs and because of that, quality is compromised the moment I installed the RSR springs and dropped it by like an inch. Besides going down the road of getting coilovers and replacing the whole suspensions, are there any alternatives? Maybe aftermarket struts with RSR spring combo? I haven't found many and wanted to see what other people have done here on the forums. I'm not opposed getting coilovers but I don't see the practicality of having height adjustment (at least for me) since I like the drop height of my current setup with the RSR springs. I simply want a less bouncy, stiffer ride (if that's possible without coils). Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.

Also, keep in mind that I don't drive an F-sport and my car is AWD.
Old 10-12-16, 08:55 AM
duraiaras
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops.. I just ordered my RS-R Down Springs for F-Sport AWD. I would like to hear what others say on OP's question.

After scouring through all the threads (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...ums/f-243.html) I decided to go with Springs because someone posted coilovers is a downgrade from factory suspension. I do not want to loose AVS. I will go ahead and put the Springs on and if it doesn't work out I'll put the stock back on. Still trying to find the right shop to do this spring install in my area.

It looks like it's a hit and miss for some either it's spring or coilovers.
Old 10-23-16, 12:13 PM
JIS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think that the springs are too bouncy for my taste. Then again, I came from a 2002 Lexus IS300 that was slammed with the dampening set at the max so I was riding super stiff which I didn't mind at all. Despite the stiffness of the RSR super down springs, it isnt stiff enough so I'm just trying to see my options on how I could potentially stiffen up the ride by replacing certain parts rather than getting coils and replacing the whole thing.
Old 10-24-16, 02:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Well that is in part the reason, you oem struts are not made for lower ride and most lowering springs leave the car bouncy even tanabe NF210.
Old 05-08-17, 10:12 AM
berichgsF
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I'm on the same boat with having lowered mine on RSR Down Springs and was looking or if anyone can recommend aftermarket shocks/struts?
Old 05-09-17, 07:27 AM
krumsta
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

They don't make any for the F-Sport, either you buy Lexus/Toyota or go coilovers.