Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

NEED HELP*** OEM Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-14, 02:55 PM
yoyokata
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP*** OEM Springs

Ive been running f sport springs on my awd for the past 40k miles and im changing them back to stock so it'll be easier to sell without the AWD wobbles. My question is, normally the long springs go in the front and the short springs go in the back.... looking at my suspension it looks opposite. Do the long springs go in the front or rear suspension? Thanks.
Old 03-23-14, 03:58 PM
darinmg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The diameter will tell you which goes where. When I did mine I want sure, but one set of springs won't fit on both front or back shocks. If my memory serves me well, the longer go in the back....but I'm not positive.
Old 03-24-14, 08:29 AM
lexuz125th
Driver

Hey I just bought a GS300 AWD, and the ride is horrible. I don't know if its the struts or springs but its bouncy and throws the car around a lot. I am looking to install F Sport springs and sway bars. I've looked through the forum and cannot really find the answer to my question. I don't care about lowering the ride height, definitely not interested in coils. Will the ride improve or is it just a gimmick and waste of money. I see here you mentioned with F sport springs it wobbles?
Old 03-24-14, 10:31 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Have your dealership or a shop check to see if the struts are still good. If it is, then lowering springs might help better.

Coilovers are even better than that in the sense that it's great for cornering and etc... Keep it at OEM height and you should be fine.
Old 03-27-14, 03:13 PM
yoyokata
Driver

Originally Posted by lexuz125th
Hey I just bought a GS300 AWD, and the ride is horrible. I don't know if its the struts or springs but its bouncy and throws the car around a lot. I am looking to install F Sport springs and sway bars. I've looked through the forum and cannot really find the answer to my question. I don't care about lowering the ride height, definitely not interested in coils. Will the ride improve or is it just a gimmick and waste of money. I see here you mentioned with F sport springs it wobbles?
The wobbles occur from lowering the height of the AWD vehicle. They are noticeable on acceleration. Stay stock height if you dont want to encounter problems. The f sport springs dropped the vehicle height quite a bit since it was a AWD GS. If youre interested in the springs PM me and we can work out a deal.