Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Car pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 05:05 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Car pulling to the right

I recently had Vossens and Michelin Pilot SS's put on my car. She now pulls to the right. It's not severe but does makes me have to hold the steering wheel slightly left. If I hold the wheel loosely, as in relaxed freeway driving, it will try top move to the right.

I took it in for an alignment check and was told everything is in alignment. They even tested the wheels/tires on a tracking machine.

Before I had the tires and wheels added, this did not occur. The shop that put on my tires/wheels said that some tire types will do this.

Has anyone here experienced this sort of thing? I cannot imagine it's good for the tires to have to hold the steering wheel left, even if it's slight.

Thanks, Stew
Old 09-16-13, 06:01 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah Stew the same thing happened to me initially. It was more pronounced at highway speeds, mostly fine in the city. It has since resolved for the most part, but I still find myself testing it (removing hands from steering wheel) often. Many roads (the highway I travel to work especially) where I live have a right lean (run off reasons I suppose) or are crowned. I have also had the opposite effect (slight left pull) on the left side of a crowned highway (Highway 99). As far as a technical discussion as to why, I am not your guy! The fact is we altered a great stock suspension set up!
Old 09-16-13, 07:10 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
Yeah Stew the same thing happened to me initially. It was more pronounced at highway speeds, mostly fine in the city. It has since resolved for the most part, but I still find myself testing it (removing hands from steering wheel) often. Many roads (the highway I travel to work especially) where I live have a right lean (run off reasons I suppose) or are crowned. I have also had the opposite effect (slight left pull) on the left side of a crowned highway (Highway 99). As far as a technical discussion as to why, I am not your guy! The fact is we altered a great stock suspension set up!
Thanks for the reply. The guy thatinstalled my Vossen's and tires mentioned that some tires will react diffrently to types and the level of the surfaces. I never experienced that until I added the tires/wheels. I lowered it right after I got the car so I know it's not the lowering itself that causes this.

I hope mine gets better too. as you said, it's really noticable at freeway speds
Old 09-24-13, 06:11 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely call Vossen especially if your wheels are new, and not pre-owned.

That or call Michelin cause this is BS. Brand new car man, can't believe you are so calm.
Old 09-24-13, 07:53 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

On my stock rims even I've noticed the car will suddenly pull to one side while coming to a stop. Scared the crap out of me when I almost ended up in the lane over. I know I know it's not the same thing but hope some consolation lol.
Old 09-25-13, 05:26 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kdsr123
Definitely call Vossen especially if your wheels are new, and not pre-owned.

That or call Michelin cause this is BS. Brand new car man, can't believe you are so calm.
I took it back to the installer and he dida full road force/tire matcing. Teh vibration is gone and the pulling right is barely noticeable. The car seem to be tracking much better.

Originally Posted by yardie876
On my stock rims even I've noticed the car will suddenly pull to one side while coming to a stop. Scared the crap out of me when I almost ended up in the lane over. I know I know it's not the same thing but hope some consolation lol.
Ouch, sounds like a brake diverter issue, if the car has one, that is.
Old 10-12-13, 05:39 AM
hambone525
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Cl what's up ? I am having the same issue with my car pulling to the right after I had my Vossen wheels installed. I bought Tanabe springs but I decided not to lower my car. If anyone have any feed back I'm all ears. Thanks