Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

RS*R Super Down Springs finally installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 05:46 PM
lazerlazer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant believe no one has gotten a alignment and posted there alignment specs, after the drop.
Old 03-12-14, 08:15 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perfect drop!
Old 03-13-14, 10:12 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great. Need 20s now.
Old 04-14-14, 11:00 AM
leirbag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lazerlazer
I cant believe no one has gotten a alignment and posted there alignment specs, after the drop.
So i've been lurking here since a few days before I pulled the trigger on my GS. I forgot to ask for the before and after specs until I was paying and they had already been blown out, the mechanic did remember what they were though...

First here's a few shots of before and after:

Sorry they're not at the same angle, I was kind of antsy to get these springs on. They didn't even leave my porch where they were delivered, box was opened where the delivery guy left them and they went in!

So it seems when our rear suspension compresses, the toe angle aims in. I suppose to keep the car aiming straight as the suspension gets loaded up. So the toe was really bad! I had:

-1.1 degrees of camber in front,

-2.1 degrees in the rear
-.62 degrees of toe on the rear

Final was the same except for -.12 degrees of toe on the rear. The mechanic said I would've chewed through these rear tires in about 3k miles had I not aligned it. I let the springs settle for almost 500 miles, would've done it a lot sooner had I known the toe was that far in. The car drove perfectly straight...
Old 05-10-14, 08:29 PM
myfly350
Rookie

Originally Posted by leirbag
So i've been lurking here since a few days before I pulled the trigger on my GS. I forgot to ask for the before and after specs until I was paying and they had already been blown out, the mechanic did remember what they were though...

First here's a few shots of before and after:

Sorry they're not at the same angle, I was kind of antsy to get these springs on. They didn't even leave my porch where they were delivered, box was opened where the delivery guy left them and they went in!

So it seems when our rear suspension compresses, the toe angle aims in. I suppose to keep the car aiming straight as the suspension gets loaded up. So the toe was really bad! I had:

-1.1 degrees of camber in front,

-2.1 degrees in the rear
-.62 degrees of toe on the rear

Final was the same except for -.12 degrees of toe on the rear. The mechanic said I would've chewed through these rear tires in about 3k miles had I not aligned it. I let the springs settle for almost 500 miles, would've done it a lot sooner had I known the toe was that far in. The car drove perfectly straight...

what springs are these and is that a AWD?
Old 05-10-14, 08:30 PM
myfly350
Rookie

Originally Posted by gotmpower
Check it out guys... So far, so good! (Sorry , i didn't take any "before" pictures)

Thanks to Tom and company @ SpeedElement!

dude car looks great is that a AWD?
Old 05-10-14, 11:47 PM
mdhaliwal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myfly350
dude car looks great is that a AWD?
I see you asking this question everywhere, so I will answer. The only difference between the AWD and the RWD from the factory is that the AWD's come with taller springs. When you install the aftermarket Tanabe's or RS*R's on the cars, they come out to be about the same height for the RWD and the AWD, keeping in mind that the AWD will drop lower to be the same height as the RWD in the end.
Old 05-11-14, 12:34 AM
myfly350
Rookie

Originally Posted by mdhaliwal
I see you asking this question everywhere, so I will answer. The only difference between the AWD and the RWD from the factory is that the AWD's come with taller springs. When you install the aftermarket Tanabe's or RS*R's on the cars, they come out to be about the same height for the RWD and the AWD, keeping in mind that the AWD will drop lower to be the same height as the RWD in the end.
makes much more sense now thank you sir very much for acutlly taking the time out to clear that for me.
Old 05-12-14, 06:36 AM
leirbag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myfly350
what springs are these and is that a AWD?
RSR super down's. Per the thread title