Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

RS-R Ti200 coilovers for 4GS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 04:27 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dharp65
How can we purchase the springs. Contact number?
Contact# 949-833-7718 or email them at info@rs-r.com
Old 06-11-12, 09:17 PM
Dharp65
Rookie

Thanks! I will give them a call.
Old 06-11-12, 11:51 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The RS*R Super-i series of suspension systems are made in-house with extremely high grade monotube damper components, and feature a dual tapped case so the shock positioning is correct at all ride heights within design parameters. They are somewhat expensive because of this, but this is probably one of the best performing damper/coil systems on the market today. The Super-i (and its variants Black-i, Sports-i, Comfort-i and others) are all various customized units designed appropriately for different roles and budgets.

The damper settings for compression and rebound are designed and valved SPECIFICALLY for each car, and its not like other brand that may use several units across dozens of cars just by dimensions matching. These are all tuned for each application, and comes with it's own design specs, and spring choices to suit your needs.

The Super-i, unlike factory units, being designed and built in-house at RS*R Japan, is also free of cost and manufacturing constraints and are priced according to their own policies and design, so they are all very nicely finished and assembled by hand in Japan.

I use the Super-i on my LS430 and they have been well worth the investments, both in performance and handling, but also in the area of compliant ride, composed road manners, and well matched damper valving adjustments all across the range from track to daily use. And when I needed upper and lower bushings replaced, they sent me a entire new upper and lower with bushings quickly, direct from Japan through RSR-USA office at reasonable price. You get what you pay for at RS*R.

Here's the footage from RS*R Super-i equipped LS430 at work on the raceway, and take note of the compliant ride and composed manners, even when I toss the car into a corner apex pretty aggressively, while the car stays comfortable. This is with the car set at 40mm below stock ride height too!! Plenty of stroke and no bucking rear like most other suspensions that can be set this low, as i-Shocks have damper designs suited for longer stroke in a given shell length, accommodating lots of stroke even when used low...and allows lower spring rate choice to be used over competitors, making them also extremely comfy in daily use.

Last edited by motohide; 06-11-12 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-12-12, 03:32 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by motohide
The RS*R Super-i series of suspension systems are made in-house with extremely high grade monotube damper components, and feature a dual tapped case so the shock positioning is correct at all ride heights within design parameters. They are somewhat expensive because of this, but this is probably one of the best performing damper/coil systems on the market today. The Super-i (and its variants Black-i, Sports-i, Comfort-i and others) are all various customized units designed appropriately for different roles and budgets.

The damper settings for compression and rebound are designed and valved SPECIFICALLY for each car, and its not like other brand that may use several units across dozens of cars just by dimensions matching. These are all tuned for each application, and comes with it's own design specs, and spring choices to suit your needs.

The Super-i, unlike factory units, being designed and built in-house at RS*R Japan, is also free of cost and manufacturing constraints and are priced according to their own policies and design, so they are all very nicely finished and assembled by hand in Japan.

I use the Super-i on my LS430 and they have been well worth the investments, both in performance and handling, but also in the area of compliant ride, composed road manners, and well matched damper valving adjustments all across the range from track to daily use. And when I needed upper and lower bushings replaced, they sent me a entire new upper and lower with bushings quickly, direct from Japan through RSR-USA office at reasonable price. You get what you pay for at RS*R.

Here's the footage from RS*R Super-i equipped LS430 at work on the raceway, and take note of the compliant ride and composed manners, even when I toss the car into a corner apex pretty aggressively, while the car stays comfortable. This is with the car set at 40mm below stock ride height too!! Plenty of stroke and no bucking rear like most other suspensions that can be set this low, as i-Shocks have damper designs suited for longer stroke in a given shell length, accommodating lots of stroke even when used low...and allows lower spring rate choice to be used over competitors, making them also extremely comfy in daily use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgkGY...3&feature=plcp
Thanks bud Clark and I chatted today and I referenced this thread. I have to admit I didn't know much about RS-R until recently. Hope the coils come in soon!
Old 08-16-12, 02:56 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

edit: NVM my question got answered. Thanks

Last edited by JoshIS408; 08-16-12 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-16-12, 06:21 PM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty disappointed my rsr springs only lower my car 25 mm! :/
Old 08-17-12, 12:50 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ATO1175
Pretty disappointed my rsr springs only lower my car 25 mm! :/
Sorry to hear, but what do you expect. Just springs wont lower your car that much.
Old 08-17-12, 06:24 PM
ATO1175
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what she looks like with Springs...
Attached Thumbnails RS-R Ti200 coilovers for 4GS-photo.jpg  
Old 03-25-13, 08:04 PM
Kbasdeo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
IF the AVS in 4GS is the same as AVS in 3GS, then you will lose AVS functionality if you install coilovers. people with 3GS lose their AVS when coilovers are installed.
Is there a dashlight that comes on when the AVS is disabled?