Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Is this a good deal for Fsport Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 09:57 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

doesnt TOM make a sway bar for the GS?
Old 12-21-09, 10:48 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When thinking about this; should I keep on paying 6k every lets say 2 years to change the entire system :P??? What if i need new Fsport Pads only, or rotors only?? How can I manage that?
Old 12-21-09, 10:56 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

you dont buy a new bbk kit every time you need to change pads. if thats what you think, i'll be happy to take your "worn" bbk
Old 12-21-09, 11:37 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

What if I need fsport pads only?
Which do you guys recommend? Endless-Project U-Fsport. I think those are the most common and the best. And which site can I order them from? I contacted "Lexus-Parts" to give me a quotation about Fsport; and looked through some vendors but with no luck about Endless or Project U
Old 12-21-09, 11:51 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

check here

as far as replacements go, im not sure. i never had a bbk long enough that i had to replace anything lol. i would assume you could contact a vendor and they could get you whatever part you needed.

as far as endless and project u go, i would expect some where around 10k for a kit
Old 12-21-09, 12:54 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Interesting. Never knew Brembo has a BBK for the 3GS. When do you suggest I purchase the set? I have 6k KMS on my GS460. Should I sell my brake kit after I purchase the new ones or keep them just incase?
Old 12-21-09, 01:18 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

you can buy them whenever you want. id contact that vendor and see what bbk he has for your car.

as far as the stock system, id keep it. i always keep stock parts so when i sell my after market stuff, i have my oem stuff to replace it with.
Old 12-21-09, 02:14 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

I took a look at the Endless BBK's and are almost $8k and out of my budget. I looked at the prices of the components seperately and they do not add up to $4k for Front and Rear.. How come?.
On the process of looking at Project U atm. If the Fsport are $2.5k; I may consider them. I just dont feel spending more than $2k on brakes. Thats why I want to change Fronts only.
My 2nd option: Purchase Endless Calipers and Pads only and stick to OE rotors. Would this work?

Last edited by Rider; 12-21-09 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-21-09, 03:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider
Interesting. Never knew Brembo has a BBK for the 3GS. When do you suggest I purchase the set? I have 6k KMS on my GS460. Should I sell my brake kit after I purchase the new ones or keep them just incase?
brembo has application for 3gs? unless it's something new, i don't know they have direct bbk application. i know they have one for 2is.

for 2k you can really forget about true bbk upgrades. i don't know of any good bbk from quality companies that are under 2k.

you can't just get caliper and stick with oem rotors. i guess first of all you need to understand how brakes work and how bbk works. the whole thing has to be designed together and have to work together as a good system. not randomly putting stuff together and it will work. in fact that would be very dangerous if it locks up the wheels too fast or heat up the rotors too soon...

you can just add the prices for individual and use that as reference. bbk set prices are what you need to look at and only thing you can reference to. like i mentioned before, by comparison f sport should be on the cheaper side already. endless and project u are both likely to be more expensive. stoptech doesn't have 3gs application coz' the fsport brakes are stoptech already. as i mentioned i don't know brembo has 3gs application. ap racing as far as i know have nothing for 3gs neither. i don't know if alcon has anything, i have yet to see any.

a lot of other "brands", what you see are really nothing more than re-badging other companies' brakes
Old 12-21-09, 04:11 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

I totally get your point. Thats why I think I'll just go with the F-sport BBKs, OR, Order Endless SS-M Pads, or HAWK HPS/Ceramic Pads. I guess those would work with the OE rotors, and if not, which pads would? I really hate the dust build up on my wheels, that and the various noises are the reason I choose to opt for another system.
Old 12-21-09, 04:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

as long as they are oem pads replacement they will work with stock setup

but in post 23 you said get endless caliper and pads and they won't work with stock rotors
Old 12-21-09, 05:03 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you can't just get caliper and stick with oem rotors. i guess first of all you need to understand how brakes work and how bbk works. the whole thing has to be designed together and have to work...
I believed Tom's has the BBK (made by AP racing) that use the stock rotors. But as usual, Tom's stuff is expensive and it costs about the same as other BBKs that come with rotors.
Old 12-21-09, 05:54 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Would it look awkward for front Fsports only? Since its all what I can afford atm; and rarely have to use the ABS system.
Old 12-21-09, 06:46 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
for 2k you can really forget about true bbk upgrades. i don't know of any good bbk from quality companies that are under 2k.
are you talking about fronts and rears or either or? i bought a set of baer front brakes for about 1500 and i know wilwood was selling fronts for about the same price.
Old 12-21-09, 07:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by e39ng
I believed Tom's has the BBK (made by AP racing) that use the stock rotors. But as usual, Tom's stuff is expensive and it costs about the same as other BBKs that come with rotors.
a bbk (aftermarket caliper) that uses the stock rotors? that sounds very weird. part of bbk is larger thicker more heavy duty rotors. the stock rotors are one piece and i wonder how they can stand the beating of a powerful caliper

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal for Fsport Brakes?