Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe Needs GS350 and GS300 AWD for R&D (Free Parts)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-07, 05:50 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about AWD 2IS guys??? We havn't gotten any Tanabe loving
Old 09-10-07, 07:09 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
How about AWD 2IS guys??? We havn't gotten any Tanabe loving
:werd: i was gonna post, IS250 AWD FTW....to me i think there is a bigger market for us. coilovers?
Old 09-12-07, 09:16 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im having a really hard time finding a GS350 AWD to R&D. If anyone knows somebody tell them to call us and they will recieve some free parts in exchange.
Old 09-14-07, 08:59 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Need this for Monday. Please email us!
Old 09-14-07, 05:56 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

Unfortunately I just had the NF's installed on my 300 AWD, but if you have something better to test and you want to throw in an exhaust as well, i've always wanted to drive out west and along the pacific coast .. hmm.. 2206miles at 80+, I can be there in 24hr
Old 09-15-07, 07:03 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its beyond me why wouldn't you (Tanabe) contact some big dealership on East Coast (Ray Catena in NJ being the LARGEST around here) and ask them for cooperation?

I do have AWD (mechanically unmodified) and always drooling over NF210, but I put about 90-100 miles in my daily commute through swiss cheese Jersey roads, therefore I'm very cautious about lowering my car. This is probably the only negative comment I have about my car: 4x4 look But I'm still curious about what you guys want to test?
Old 09-15-07, 10:51 AM
mickey99us
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ex996
No offense, but make sure everyone knows that lowering a 3rd Gen GS (even with NF, which I have), causes uneven tire wear. This is due primarily to the lack of rear camber adjustment. The responsible thing to do would be to spend R&D money on producing a camber kit.

The tough part isn't even replacing the tires prematurely, it's the howling that starts after about 4-5,000 miles.

I'm just sayin'...
i been wanting the same thing. i dont see how others can have no problems and some do with the same setup. i have taken it to 3 shops and all say the same thing. i give my car so that a kit can be made, ill even buy the kit.
Old 09-18-07, 09:05 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mickey99us
i been wanting the same thing. i dont see how others can have no problems and some do with the same setup. i have taken it to 3 shops and all say the same thing. i give my car so that a kit can be made, ill even buy the kit.
PM'ed you!
Old 09-18-07, 09:13 AM
Ex996
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek
We put 10K miles on a set of Dunlop Sport Maxx tires with our lowered GS300 and the tire wear was nil. Tires still looked brand new. They became very loud and I changed them but I doubt the suspension had anything to do with it....not after 10K miles. I blamed the poor construction of the tires. We'll see with this second set.
In my experience, the problem is the tires get really loud before the uneven wear is visibly obvious. The noise is the first sign of wear.

I just think everyone should know that this, the most effective cosmetic mod IMO, has its price.
Old 09-25-07, 09:15 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

In my experience, the problem is the tires get really loud before the uneven wear is visibly obvious. The noise is the first sign of wear.

I just think everyone should know that this, the most effective cosmetic mod IMO, has its price.
Whenever you alter any aspect of the suspension you are going to throw off the allignment. Alot of people purchase camber kits and get the car realigned so that they do not experience increased tire wear, where others simply rotate the tires on a regular basis and do not have problems. In respect to modifying your vehicle, it is very difficult to have the best of both worlds. Often, when you gain performance, you are going to loose comfort or reliability. When you lower a car the vehicle will look better and handle better when cornering. The disadvantage is that your comfort level is somewhat sacraficed on uneven roads and you may experience increased tire wear from not realigning the vehicle.
Old 09-25-07, 10:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never seen uneven wear cause a tire to be loud. I've seen nearly bald tires that were almost as quiet as when new.

I guess it's possible though.
Old 10-01-07, 09:18 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Still looking for AWD GS. Let us know!
Old 10-02-07, 07:48 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
Still looking for AWD GS. Let us know!
I think this is the time for Tanabe to cough out some $$$ to grease someone with AWD, than just giving free parts.
Old 10-02-07, 11:12 AM
cenglebert
Driver School Candidate

Let me know if you found anyone yet. I am in Pennsylvania and like some other posters said, only have AWD's here. My mechanic is the best in the Lehigh Valley and he would have no problem installing the springs.
He and I talk about the 07 suspension all the time. He feels that 1 1/2 lower should cause no front drive problems but 2 inch would.
I think that you would get alot of sales from AWD owners since we all don't like the "four wheel drive" look of the AWD. If it really snows I drive my 2002 HD 2500, 4wd. Let me know!
Old 10-04-07, 11:47 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cenglebert
Let me know if you found anyone yet. I am in Pennsylvania and like some other posters said, only have AWD's here. My mechanic is the best in the Lehigh Valley and he would have no problem installing the springs.
He and I talk about the 07 suspension all the time. He feels that 1 1/2 lower should cause no front drive problems but 2 inch would.
I think that you would get alot of sales from AWD owners since we all don't like the "four wheel drive" look of the AWD. If it really snows I drive my 2002 HD 2500, 4wd. Let me know!
Unfortunately we are looking for someone who is local so that our R&D team can collect the data that we need.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Needs GS350 and GS300 AWD for R&D (Free Parts)