Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Dropped And Kitted On 20's ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 11:48 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Man For The Info...any Clue As To How Much They Charge?
Old 09-27-06, 11:53 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HKN
Thanks Man For The Info...any Clue As To How Much They Charge?
i had a set of Maya DTS that i took to Wheel Repair Tech. they had a few bends and scratches and the clear coat was peeling off. i had them repaired and repainted to silver for $650 for all 4. i would imagine it would be less to only repaint them.

there is also another wheel repair place literally 5 mintues away from there. i dont remember the name though, i will try to get it for you.
Old 09-27-06, 12:00 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Thanks Man...
Old 09-27-06, 12:10 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Just remembered another one on kendall..

Turbax - 14150 S.W. 119th Avenue Suite 101 Miami FL 33186
Old 09-27-06, 12:12 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

you can search for these places on google and get the phone number.
Old 09-27-06, 12:13 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Cool...i Actually Heard Of Them Before....thanks Again Man. Any Pics Of Your Car?
Old 09-27-06, 03:31 PM
akim47
Driver

looks great. just so hard to see on a dark car. i want the fab front and rear as well. i cant decide if it'll look good like that. urs looks nice, but hard to grasp. can u take pic in lighted (not daylight) area?

oh yeah, im not with the white, either. wheels are great though...

Thanks!
Old 09-27-06, 03:37 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HKN
Cool...i Actually Heard Of Them Before....thanks Again Man. Any Pics Of Your Car?
its a mostly stock is350... nothing to see really
Old 09-27-06, 05:15 PM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HKN
HERE'S BETTER/DETAILED PICS...AS REQUESTED IN PM'S...THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS FOLKS

I like the front air dam,so what's the drive like now after you had an alignment.Any likes or dislikes?thanks....oh where did you get the paint work done and how much?
Old 09-27-06, 06:54 PM
yogregb
Driver

over all, great looking stance, your ride, the dark rich color of flint mica calls for chrome wheels imo, to make the other chrome trim on the gs "pop". Second choice for me would be painted to match w/chrome ring. Congrats on a nice ride! BTW, how much drop is that and how would you describe the ride compared to stock? I still can't decide on wheels and size, leaning towards 19's w/nf springs, thanks
Old 09-27-06, 07:38 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Jokie,

Thanks For The Comments...the Drive Is Smooth Just Like Stock...on A Good Road, Haha, It Still Rides Like A Lexus, You Just Feel A Little More Of The Road And The Road Noice Is Just "noticable" At Certain Speed And Again Depending On The Raod Condition. 95 And Turnpike Is Great. Dont Like Anyone Tell You It Rides "exactly Like Stock"...it Doesn't Since I Had 19" Avus 3-piece For A Week Before I Got The 20" Hre's As A Gift. They Both Rode About The Same Since The Tire Was A Lower Profile On The 19's. The Paint Was Done Within 24 Hrs By A Body Shop In Hollywood. It Was 200 For All 3 Pieces...again I Had It For Overnight So They Charged A Lil More. The Match Was Perfect Btw.

Yogregb,

Thank You Too For The Comments. I Tend To Agree With Ya About The Bling Factor With The Dark Color. But I Just Like To Look At Other Ppl's Chrome Wheels...not Really For Me. So I'm Pretty Sure I'm Going To Just Paint The Face Flint Mica And Leave The Lip High Polished. About The 19 Vs 20 Rims, Like I Said I Rode On 19's For A Week And Imo, They Rode Like 20's. Of Course Both My Set Of Rims Were Forged So Not Sure About A Cast Set. Probably The Same But Might Feel A Lil Heavier.

Anyone Else Can Shed Some Light On That?
Old 09-27-06, 07:48 PM
conclevage
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by HKN
Jokie,

Thanks For The Comments...the Drive Is Smooth Just Like Stock...on A Good Road, Haha, It Still Rides Like A Lexus, You Just Feel A Little More Of The Road And The Road Noice Is Just "noticable" At Certain Speed And Again Depending On The Raod Condition. 95 And Turnpike Is Great. Dont Like Anyone Tell You It Rides "exactly Like Stock"...it Doesn't Since I Had 19" Avus 3-piece For A Week Before I Got The 20" Hre's As A Gift. They Both Rode About The Same Since The Tire Was A Lower Profile On The 19's. The Paint Was Done Within 24 Hrs By A Body Shop In Hollywood. It Was 200 For All 3 Pieces...again I Had It For Overnight So They Charged A Lil More. The Match Was Perfect Btw.

Yogregb,

Thank You Too For The Comments. I Tend To Agree With Ya About The Bling Factor With The Dark Color. But I Just Like To Look At Other Ppl's Chrome Wheels...not Really For Me. So I'm Pretty Sure I'm Going To Just Paint The Face Flint Mica And Leave The Lip High Polished. About The 19 Vs 20 Rims, Like I Said I Rode On 19's For A Week And Imo, They Rode Like 20's. Of Course Both My Set Of Rims Were Forged So Not Sure About A Cast Set. Probably The Same But Might Feel A Lil Heavier.

Anyone Else Can Shed Some Light On That?
I'm with you on the chrome wheels...I like checking them out on other whips but definitely not for me...I'm gonna go with some aluminum brushed 19's and I think they'll match nicely with the flint mica color.
Old 09-27-06, 07:55 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Yes...brush Will Look Great With Flint Mica...but After Running 19's For A Week And Then On 20's...20's Seem To Sit Noticably Better. Just My Opinion. Plus The Cost Of Tires Are About The Same. Either Way Works...
Old 09-27-06, 10:55 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
love the fabulous kit on your 3GS I just think the wheels would look 1000x better if they were in the brushed finish instead of white
I'll agree with you, a brushed finish would probably make the car look a lot better.
Old 09-27-06, 11:51 PM
flyfl1pguy

Looks good, but the white wheels gots to go. I say paint it gold or gunmetal. Would look much better.

Quick Reply: Dropped And Kitted On 20's ...