Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Track test Sway Bars Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-03, 04:47 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track test Sway Bars Results

I have taken the liberty to go hit the track to see what are the best sway bars for me. I own the TRD Sportivo Sways (white), TRD Race sways (blue), And the Daizen Sway bars. I'm gonna make this really short and say that with 2 different drivers the set up with the daizen sways gave the quikest lap times. The car felt very responsive and alive. The TRD blue sways made the car too stiff and would acctually make the car harder to drive fast around corners. With all the testing that I did before knowing actual lap times I thought I was fastest with the TRD Blue sways but it must have been the fact that I was flying all around my seat, and that the tires would be at there max talerance.

I am very happy with the Daizen Sways not only are they better for the street, for there comfort but they are also quicker than the other bars on the track. If anyone premeturly doubts me than go ahead and do the test yourself. BTW. The sportivo bar might work good if you also run the full sportivo kit for street driving.

My set up for the track and everyday driving is.....

L- tuned Shocks & Springs, L-tuned ecu, TRD STB, Daizen Sways stiffest setting in the rear, toms 6 peice links, rear chassis brace and [front brace] (soon to be removed). 19 ssr gt3 pzero 245f 275r
Old 10-15-03, 05:00 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hoorayy

finally , i knew Daizens were the best .. nav , when you added the toms piece the lower control bar , what diff did you feel in the behavior of rear end
Old 10-15-03, 05:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Good info Navaz!

Can you share some more info?

What track did you go to, how were the laps timed (do you get timeslips at a track like that? If so, can you post them so we can see the differences in timing)?

Did you also run the Sportivo's at the track?

I assume this was all on the same day and you swapped all of the sways on and off?

You really run the Daizen's on the stiffest setting for everyday driving? I thought Todd recommended against that.

Sorry I keep adding questions, this is such good info I've got too many

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-15-03 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-15-03, 05:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Good info Navaz!

What track did you go to, how were the laps timed (do you get timeslips at a track like that? If so, can you post them so we can see the differences in timing)?

I assume this was all on the same day and you swapped all of the sways on and off?

You really run the Daizen's on the stiffest setting for everyday driving? I thought Todd recommended against that.

oh man this is good info, thanks navaz, it's great to hear daizen is doing its job! and yeah, i agree with dave, do you have a bit more info, it would be useful!

davegs4, actually i believe todd said if you have staggered setup and know what you are doing, putting it in the stiffest setting will help. if you don't have staggered setup, then you have to watch out.
Old 10-15-03, 05:58 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexforlife
hoorayy

finally , i knew Daizens were the best .. nav , when you added the toms piece the lower control bar , what diff did you feel in the behavior of rear end
I Cant tell what it did by itself because I had it installed with the front. I can tell you however that both peices together made the whole car feel tighter. I am takeing off the front and putting the stock piece back because it is not designed for a GS and that is why some people have issuse with it rubbing against the tranny. That is just what I heard when I had issuses with it. The Aristo in japan is different than the GS. Also I dont want to have a car that is way to stiff, especially in cold climates. Dont want to brake anything.
Old 10-15-03, 06:10 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Good info Navaz!

Dave first thanks
To answer your questions I went to Race City Speedway in Calgary Albetra Canada. the first time I went for all the timming my tranny blew up so I had to delay the test for a couple months, for the actual test it was tested by stopwatch 4 laps with each sway bar x 2 drivers. The Sportiovo bars, did one lap and felt like the car was out of control. BTW on all laps the Daizens where faster and the car just felt better to drive. As far as the stiffest setting it is ok if you run a staggerd wheel/tire set up. Oh and one more thing when you run on the track you can really push the car hard without the VSC on to find out the cars capabilaty so when I drive on the street I dont really worry about losing it cause trust me the car can handle alot.
Old 10-15-03, 06:15 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nav

thanks for the info , i have the daizen equip as well and its out of this world ,, i have the rear adjusted all the way in for i am runn 10in stagg in the rear and boy does it feel good , but still the rear just seems still a bit jiggly , i hace cusco upper rear strut bar but not on the bottom

so you say rear now feels more planted to you with the toms lower rear bar
Old 10-15-03, 06:20 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

One thing I want to add for this post is that i did not really want to post the results because of all the bashing that I read on the sway bar issues before. I just tought it would be fare so that new people could see a comparison and make up there own mind on what bar to buy. I also am planning some time this week to go back to the TRD race bars for street driving just because I just want to be compleatly sure that the Daizens are really the best bars out there for me I will keep you posted.

Last edited by Navaz; 10-18-03 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-15-03, 06:24 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

lexforlife: I think the rear bar keeps it more planted but not 100% sure yet. I will let you know how it feels when I go back to the stock set up in the front. I guess I will have to do that before I change back to the TRD bars now. oh well anything for another CL member .
Old 10-15-03, 06:31 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

I was just thinking, If I was to just have the rear brace it might make it even more responsive in the rear besause it will be stiffer than the front. but i will try it anyway. I now have 18/7 availability of a machanic and a garage.
Old 10-15-03, 08:46 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the write up navaz. This is the first write up of someone using all three so I hope it will be useful for new users.

Originally posted by lexforlife
but still the rear just seems still a bit jiggly , i hace cusco upper rear strut bar but not on the bottom
so you say rear now feels more planted to you with the toms lower rear bar
I can't say with the Daizens but when I had the TRD Race, the rear felt jiggly too until I added the Tom's LCB. It was night and day. When I swapped out the TRDs for the Daizens, the Tom's brace was already there so I can't say for sure. The rear still feels great.

BTW, for background purposes, I also added the 6-link after the LCB but before the Daizen swap-out.

Last edited by Neo; 10-15-03 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-16-03, 10:54 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Oh boy, great news, the definitive analysis. And I thought things couldn't get any better being home today when my Daizens were delivered. And things are coming together to do the comparison for myself at Laguna Seca. Life is good.
Old 10-16-03, 01:30 PM
CrazeeSC
Rookie

see what i mean you are very snide and arent interested in constructive input

davegs4 told you to be nice and you cant do it man

have you been on a track in the last 50 years???????????

navaz is helping us this is great information!!!!!!
Old 10-16-03, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by CrazeeSC
see what i mean you are very snide and arent interested in constructive input

davegs4 told you to be nice and you cant do it man

have you been on a track in the last 50 years???????????

navaz is helping us this is great information!!!!!!
okok, calm down a little bit, let's focus on the sway bar subject and not make this thread into another OT flames issue. i do NOT want to see another sway bar thread closed
Old 10-16-03, 02:03 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

This is why i was not thinking about sharing this info on the boards. I dont sit on my computer every day and talk trash I actually drive my car. BTW I have had my GS for 6 years now 311000 km on it, I love Club Lexus it is informative for me. When I cant decide on what I want I just get it all, and try everything in all conditions to see what works best for me. One more thing, as of later today I will have my TRD Blue sways back on the car. I will be posting more of my findings for new people, to save them some time and money but again if there are any of you here that dont like the FACTS, get off your a#$ and do it yourself.

Quick Reply: Track test Sway Bars Results