Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-03, 03:20 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Daizens WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! surprise

Guess what i got in today from Todd at Tm Eng and Daizen

Got the new sport lowering springs from them today for my gs 400..

These springs are beautiful i mean the finish on them is outstanding ..

This goes to show you the confidence i have in Todd's rep and in the products offered by Fortune from Daizen. Their stuff not only has function but fit and finish.. I saw this the minute i took my Daizen sways out of the box ,, That beautiful red /maroon powder coat finish and the fit was top notch then the function floored me .. It all came together , well , when i opened up this box for the lowering high perf sport springs all i could say was wow.. the silver powder coating was beautiful.. the last 2 coils on each springs are wrapped with a noise suppresion material that looks great .. its a thick material thats tightly wrapped around the coil not just slid over.. looks like it will last along long time

i should have them on the car in a few days (need to find time in my new work sched to do the swap out in my own garage) i will post the positive results shortly and if i know this Tuner i will stake my bets that he tuned these springs to work perfectly with the sways like peanut butter and jelly

anyhow heres the picxhttps://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...0_1363-med.jpg
Old 08-19-03, 06:55 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Those springs look awesome! Nice drop as well. I have my eye on those..................there may be some Eibach's for sale in the classifieds very soon!
Old 08-19-03, 09:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

tell us how you feel after you installed them!
Old 08-21-03, 02:16 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like some L-tuned or Eibachs gonna flood the Classified section soon? I'd be interested if the price is right. PM me if you selling.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 08-21-03 at 02:19 AM.
Old 08-22-03, 03:29 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i am sure their will be alot on the market soon for these are true progressive rate springs ,, the ltuned are not
Old 08-22-03, 03:35 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
i am sure their will be alot on the market soon for these are true progressive rate springs ,, the ltuned are not
Can you enlighten those of us less knowledgable in the engineering aspect of springs as to what "progressive rate" means?

I will very soon be springing (pun definitely intended) for new springs for my SportDesign GS300. I was thinking L-Tuned all along (to mate with the L-Tuned shocks), but these Daizen springs really do it for me.
Old 08-22-03, 05:55 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

progressive means that as the spring gets compressed or load is placed on the spring (like pushing hard in a corner) the spring rate becomes stiffer and will resist compression as opposed to straight line driving will retain the preset spring rate (or same original confort level)

Ltuned is not quite a progressive rate spring they are somewhat tuned the same ..

hope this helps somewhat or pm todd at tm eng for more precise info

i chose the daizens to replace my ltuned from remembering when i had my bimmer and used acsnitzer true progressive rate spring ,, my car rode better then oem although was dropped about 2 in but when pushed into a corner would respond instantly and get stiffer depending on the load placed on them
Old 08-27-03, 02:23 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Had these on for a while now...see thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=DoubleWhoosh

I had H&R's before and these are not as harsh as the H&R springs which felt like rocks... I love the ride height - it's perfect - not too low and not too high...

Brent
Old 09-29-05, 10:13 AM
jskim9
Rookie

Originally Posted by BuyERTS
Can you enlighten those of us less knowledgable in the engineering aspect of springs as to what "progressive rate" means?

I will very soon be springing (pun definitely intended) for new springs for my SportDesign GS300. I was thinking L-Tuned all along (to mate with the L-Tuned shocks), but these Daizen springs really do it for me.
As explained above, progressive rate springs have a variable spring constant (the more weight on the spring, the stiffer it gets). In general, this is great for comfort and on the streets, but not ideal for a smooth, predictable track.

On the street, with potholes, bumps, fallen tree trunks, you want the initial spring rate (which the weight of the car standing still would produce) to be soft. This will absorb the brutal daily driving here on LA streets. When you take a hard right turn, most of the car’s body weight will transfer to the left side of the body, which will push down on the springs on the left side of the car much beyond the initial spring rate. Depending on the engineering, sometimes, the spring rate is doubled (Eibach Sportlines for 240sx at least) and the spring will be very stiff at that point. This will help to stop the body roll at a point (however much the left springs are compressed) where the spring rate and the weight of the car is equal. So you get the benefit of comfort of a low spring rate when driving normally, but the benefits of a high spring rate in taking corners.

The bad part about this on the track is that unless the driver knows precisely how the progressive spring rate will predict (depending on the speed and angle of the turn), the car will behave unpredictably. A constant spring rate or “Specific Rate Springs” takes care of the unpredictability by simply making the entire rate of the spring constantly stiff. On the street, a constant spring rate will give you the same amount of spring resistance (ride quality)

So let’s say that you go over a 2" high speed bump at 5mph, 10mph and 15mph. Obviously, the springs will compress most on the 20mph run. On a specific rate spring, the springs will compress linearly in all three runs. On a progressive rate spring, the compression will be at 5mph will be greatest, and going down at 10mph and 15mph. Think of a square root of X graph.
Old 09-29-05, 10:15 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! A two-year old thread resurrected! Amazing....

Brent