Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Cusco front sway bar on 06-08 with newer endlink issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-19, 09:50 PM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Cusco front sway bar on 06-08 with newer endlink issues

I recently installed a Cusco front sway bar on my 06 is250. The Cusco bar says it works for yrs 06-12, but that’s obviously impossible. It’s really made for 09-12 as I found out after doing research searching old threads.

I purchased the new 09+ end links needed for it to work on the 06. I bought febest brand aftermarket endlinks like another member did in a previous thread.

My issue is when torquing to spec to the control arm it appears the end link washer concaved or bent! The correct needed torque was 62 ft lbs as listed on various spec sheets posted on here, also on the official fsport sway bar manual.

Where the sway bar connects to the endlink is fine and I torqued to 62 ft lbs with no issues. But where it connects to the control arm is where there are issues. It can’t reach 62ft lbs as the washer continues to bend in. I was only able to hit 50 ft lbs. then notice it bent/concaved and stopped.

So if your using aftermarket links be careful as they may not be able to handle factory torque! I ordered another replacement and will torque at 30 ft lbs. to the control arm. Would that be enough?

The rear endlinks torque when connected to the control arm is 24ft lbs as the spec sheets., not sure why the front spec is so high.

Waiting for my replacement to come before swapping it out. But do you think the control arm is damaged as well or bent? Will it cause any issues? I hope not!

photos are below, am I doing something wrong?!

Here is the other side below, it didn’t cup as bad but still only reached 40-50 ft lbs before i stopped turning.

Last edited by soulific; 04-14-19 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-17-19, 10:48 PM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is the update just for reference, Incase any other users have this problem.

i got the replacements and torqued to 50 ft lbs. to avoid the washer warping.

If you need sway link replacements don’t purchase this brand. Find some with a thick washer closer to oem.

Here is a photo of the thib after market to OEM Lexus sway link.