Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS350 - RCF bushes installed today

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-19, 11:05 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
Finally shipped from Megazip!
I got it earlier in the week and just had it installed.
Old 11-19-20, 05:07 PM
lottadik
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

48076-24010 and 48075-24010 correct?
who has best price vs shpping time?
Old 11-19-20, 05:14 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by lottadik
48076-24010 and 48075-24010 correct?
who has best price vs shpping time?
Try megazip https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...?q=48075-24010
The following users liked this post:
lottadik (11-19-20)
Old 11-19-20, 06:22 PM
lottadik
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Prices are cheap! How long is shipping these days?
Are those the correct part numbers for rcf/gsf bushing upgrade? They will be going on my gs460 which i have found to be a good oem upgrade.
Old 11-19-20, 06:26 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lottadik
Prices are cheap! How long is shipping these days?
Are those the correct part numbers for rcf/gsf bushing upgrade? They will be going on my gs460 which i have found to be a good oem upgrade.
For OEM parts it's surprising the prices some times. Depending on the part some times it's the same locally too.
For me I ordered something recently and it was about 3 weeks from the UAE warehouse. They also ship from a Japan warehouse...depends on the item.
And yes those are the correct part numbers.
lottadik (11-20-20)
Old 12-03-20, 11:07 AM
DRIFTOPHER
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I apologize if this has been answered already, but would it be best to purchase the LCA bushing that RR Racing designed? Whats the cost of the lexus bushings vs RR Racing. Thanks in advance fellas.
Old 12-03-20, 11:14 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIFTOPHER
I apologize if this has been answered already, but would it be best to purchase the LCA bushing that RR Racing designed? Whats the cost of the lexus bushings vs RR Racing. Thanks in advance fellas.
Depends on really what you are trying to accomplish. The RCF/GSF bushings will only eliminate the common premature inner tire wear.

Read more about the RR-Racing LCA bushings;
https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca001.htm

They also just released the Street version.
https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca002.htm

Price difference - no brainer the RR Racing LCA is worth every penny.

Last edited by s3v3n; 12-03-20 at 11:23 AM.
DRIFTOPHER (12-03-20)
Old 12-03-20, 12:27 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

The RR Racing bushings are about 4 times the price of the RCF bushings.
Old 12-03-20, 12:35 PM
DRIFTOPHER
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The RR Racing bushings are about 4 times the price of the RCF bushings.
Dang ! So I should order the factory ones. So they are 4 times the price but not 4 times the performance?

I can get the 48076-24010 bushings for $60.61 each

Last edited by DRIFTOPHER; 12-03-20 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-03-20, 12:45 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Dang ! So I should order the factory ones. So they are 4 times the price but not 4 times the performance?

I can get the 48076-24010 bushings for $60.61 each
They are not 4 times the performance, but when I installed the RCF ones I can immediately feel the difference in the steering and NVH...given that the RR Racing are that much stiffer, I'm not sure I could tolerate then being that good.
The FIGS version might be a nice compromise on price and performance...but the RCF bushings were enough for me.
DRIFTOPHER (12-03-20)
Old 12-03-20, 01:02 PM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 201 Posts

They are not 4 times the performance, but when I installed the RCF ones I can immediately feel the difference in the steering and NVH...given that the RR Racing are that much stiffer, I'm not sure I could tolerate then being that good.
The FIGS version might be a nice compromise on price and performance...but the RCF bushings were enough for me.
Here's the difference the I noticed after installing the RR Racing LCA bushings.

1. Body roll on cornering almost eliminated, if not gone.
2. Car wandering on the highway 100% gone - don't need to always correct the steering wheel to make the car drive straight.
3. Braking/sudden braking - the car just stays on a straight line and unlike before it steers (left or right).
4. Car seems to just stay on wherever I turn the steering wheel to, unlike before that it always feels it needs a wheel alignment.
5. Premature tire wear? - I don't think it exists on RC models(didn't actually buy this bushings for that reason)

Other comments about NVH and squeaks that most people are experiencing - I don't know what they're talking about. They must have installed the bushings incorrectly. Also had this on my previous IS and never experienced that.

It's been 3 weeks and we'll see when it gets really cold. Still waiting for that common squeak that everyone is talking about.

***If you're not experiencing all I've mentioned above, then no reason to buy the RR Racing bushings***
Old 12-03-20, 01:25 PM
DRIFTOPHER
Driver School Candidate

Thank you guys
Old 12-03-20, 01:26 PM
DRIFTOPHER
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Here's the difference the I noticed after installing the RR Racing LCA bushings.

1. Body roll on cornering almost eliminated, if not gone.
2. Car wandering on the highway 100% gone - don't need to always correct the steering wheel to make the car drive straight.
3. Braking/sudden braking - the car just stays on a straight line and unlike before it steers (left or right).
4. Car seems to just stay on wherever I turn the steering wheel to, unlike before that it always feels it needs a wheel alignment.
5. Premature tire wear? - I don't think it exists on RC models(didn't actually buy this bushings for that reason)

Other comments about NVH and squeaks that most people are experiencing - I don't know what they're talking about. They must have installed the bushings incorrectly. Also had this on my previous IS and never experienced that.

It's been 3 weeks and we'll see when it gets really cold. Still waiting for that common squeak that everyone is talking about.

***If you're not experiencing all I've mentioned above, then no reason to buy the RR Racing bushings***
Thank you guys
Old 12-03-20, 06:04 PM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Depends on really what you are trying to accomplish. The RCF/GSF bushings will only eliminate the common premature inner tire wear.

Read more about the RR-Racing LCA bushings;
https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca001.htm

They also just released the Street version.
https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca002.htm

Price difference - no brainer the RR Racing LCA is worth every penny.
Hmm, depends on how you drive. The RCF/GSF bushings have not completely eliminated my front inner wear, but I got about two years and 50,000km out of the Bridgestone RE980AS that came with my car, can't complain too much. My rears are totally trashed though, down to the wear bars and they have a lot of inner wear also. Perfect timing that I swapped my winter wheels on a few weeks ago.

Last edited by m1919; 12-03-20 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-15-21, 10:26 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by m1919
Hmm, depends on how you drive. The RCF/GSF bushings have not completely eliminated my front inner wear, but I got about two years and 50,000km out of the Bridgestone RE980AS that came with my car, can't complain too much. My rears are totally trashed though, down to the wear bars and they have a lot of inner wear also. Perfect timing that I swapped my winter wheels on a few weeks ago.
The RR ones did not completely eliminate the inner tire wear either. They for sure made my fronts last longer but the insides still wore and yes (installation was done by RR and 2 alignments done with 0 toe.) I was able to manage to get 42k miles which is I guess closer to the tire rating with daily spirited driving.

I ended up selling my RR Bushings and switched to RCF/GSF bushings.

Quick Reply: IS350 - RCF bushes installed today