Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RS-R down or ARK Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-19, 05:48 PM
yohan81718
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just installed rsr down on my rwd. It needs to settle but I’m pretty happy with it so far. I put 20mm spacer in the back and plan to put the same in the front (ordered wrong one due to lack of knowledge).
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (07-10-19)
Old 07-11-19, 07:50 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

how is the ride quality of the RSR Half Downs? is it harsh at all? I want to keep my AVS and comfortable ride quality... or should I get swift?
Old 07-12-19, 03:25 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
how is the ride quality of the RSR Half Downs? is it harsh at all? I want to keep my AVS and comfortable ride quality... or should I get swift?
You can’t go wrong with either
Old 07-12-19, 06:19 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you have RWD? From other reviews, the drop is so mild that the ride is as close to stock as you can get. That would be my first choice for a mild drop and drive ability.
Old 07-12-19, 06:31 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Has anyone tried Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs? I want to get my front end dropped at least 1.4" but I do not want to have to change the shocks or have any rubbing issues.... I'll probably add some spacers too. Thoughts?
I had the Eibach kit on a prior car, they were decent springs, but I don't think there have been any CL members yet (that I've noticed) that have used them that I've noticed to get a good before/after idea other than the before/after pictures Josh/Meraki Autoworks posted from Eibach and on their website. Also, I think its odd that they only list them for RWD IS250. Also, if you want a 1.4"+ front drop, isn't the Eibach pro-kit only 1"?
Old 07-12-19, 09:20 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

I was about to order the RSR's but they want $50 for shipping... are there any better options out there? My ride is a 2016 IS350 F Sport RWD.
Old 07-12-19, 09:29 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

I was about to order the RSR's but they want $50 for shipping... are there any better options out there? My ride is a 2016 IS350 F Sport RWD.
Order the RSR's through Josh, ie Meraki Autoworks. He's a vendor on here and I haven't seen anyone quote a better price for RSR springs then him, including shipping.
Old 07-12-19, 09:38 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

I'm only seeing swift springs on their site.....

https://www.merakiautoworks.com/coll...6+model_-is350
Old 07-12-19, 10:09 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm only seeing swift springs on their site.....

https://www.merakiautoworks.com/coll...6+model_-is350
You can PM him on here and he can get you the springs even if it’s not on his website

You can also buy used springs from other CL members on the marketplace if you want to save money. I bought my springs for $125 delivered from another member and its pretty much the same as buying new in my eyes cuz they dont go bad
Old 07-12-19, 04:39 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

ended up ordering directly from RSR... meh. we'll see how it goes. now i have to find a place to get them installed or do it myself...
Old 07-27-19, 06:03 PM
taurran
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Alright guys. I’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is my damn car has been on jack stands for the past three weeks since my install took way longer than expected, and I had to go out of town for business. The good news, is I went back to work and got this ***** done today, with the help of a new impact gun.

Again this is an AWD FSport 350 on ARK Performance springs.

Also do some bad news... my dumb *** forgot to measure the fender before lowering, so you’ll just have to go off the visuals.

I can say say the drop brings it to about even gap front and rear. The difference you see in mine is mainly due to the staggered wheels. Initially the ride seems slightly smoother than stock, but the springs seemed slightly more progressive than the f-sports. It rides well.

These are pretty damn close to plug and play on AWD. The only difference is the coil ends are different than factory springs. I trimmed the top pad just a bit to make them seat better. I also installed 3mm wheel spacers on the rear and 5mm spacers up front. I do wish the fronts were a LITTLE more aggressive, but I'm pretty darn happy with how it turned out. Let me know what you think!

My other low rider.

Last edited by taurran; 07-27-19 at 06:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
s0ar (03-08-23)
Old 07-27-19, 06:07 PM
taurran
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, and after the springs took so long I just said, "F IT" on the brakes. Gonna go back and do the pads/calipers later.
Old 07-27-19, 10:24 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Alright guys. I’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is my damn car has been on jack stands for the past three weeks since my install took way longer than expected, and I had to go out of town for business. The good news, is I went back to work and got this ***** done today, with the help of a new impact gun.

Again this is an AWD FSport 350 on ARK Performance springs.

Also do some bad news... my dumb *** forgot to measure the fender before lowering, so you’ll just have to go off the visuals.

I can say say the drop brings it to about even gap front and rear. The difference you see in mine is mainly due to the staggered wheels. Initially the ride seems slightly smoother than stock, but the springs seemed slightly more progressive than the f-sports. It rides well.

These are pretty damn close to plug and play on AWD. The only difference is the coil ends are different than factory springs. I trimmed the top pad just a bit to make them seat better. I also installed 3mm wheel spacers on the rear and 5mm spacers up front. I do wish the fronts were a LITTLE more aggressive, but I'm pretty darn happy with how it turned out. Let me know what you think!
Looks great! Appears that it came out VERY even front-to-back, probably the most even of any set I've seen yet on an AWD. Compared to my Downs/Halfs, it appears you have about another 1-3-1/2" drop. Should post your fender heights; mine have settled in at 25.4" (slightly less on the left rear) and subjectively are 2 loose fingers front and 2 tight fingers back. Yours appears to be basically one finger tire-to-fender all round? Difference though is that I am running the stock 18" F Sport rims.
Old 07-28-19, 08:20 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Looks great! Appears that it came out VERY even front-to-back, probably the most even of any set I've seen yet on an AWD. Compared to my Downs/Halfs, it appears you have about another 1-3-1/2" drop. Should post your fender heights; mine have settled in at 25.4" (slightly less on the left rear) and subjectively are 2 loose fingers front and 2 tight fingers back. Yours appears to be basically one finger tire-to-fender all round? Difference though is that I am running the stock 18" F Sport rims.
what are the difference between downs & half downs? I ordered all half downs on my IS350 RWD so I'm not looking for it to be slammed so my CF front lip won't get thrashed...
Old 07-28-19, 10:52 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

what are the difference between downs & half downs? I ordered all half downs on my IS350 RWD so I'm not looking for it to be slammed so my CF front lip won't get thrashed...
With down springs you’ll get -1.2,-1.4 front and -1.0,-1.2 rear
half downs are -.8,-1.0 front and -.4,-.6 rear

Quick Reply: RS-R down or ARK Performance