Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Needing Suspension help - noob warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-18, 06:15 PM
JPrince
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing Suspension help - noob warning

Hi, I have a 99 gs 400 that I have been fixing up and restoring - it's getting there it is lowered on Megan adj. coils

I was wanting to upgrade my sway bars in the front and rear (from the forums sounds like a worthwhile upgrade)

I cannot find TRD but I can find the Megan or figs set

Where I am needing help - so my car is lowered and I buy sway bars and bushings. what else do I need to buy to complete this install - do I need to purchase the rear traction rods and control arms? what about the front what do I need to purchase for the front? Megan's website doesn't even offer anything for the front for my vehicle.

This is a daily driver car, not a track car. but its fun to get aggressive with it around the bends every once and a while and would great to reduce the body roll etc. ( i live in Oregon so lots of fun roads)

thank you for all your help.

My GS400

Last edited by JPrince; 09-08-18 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-11-18, 08:29 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Get the FIGs/Superpro sway bars. They are very similar to the TRD bars and all you need (should replace) for the install is front and rear end links for the sway bars. The bushings will come with the bars if you order from FIGs. I have TRD front and superpro rear and there is a LOT less body roll but the ride is not affected at all.
Old 09-12-18, 08:50 AM
GoldGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't help you but can you tell me what rims you're running there. Looks sweet!
Old 09-12-18, 08:49 PM
JPrince
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldGS
I can't help you but can you tell me what rims you're running there. Looks sweet!
thanks. 19" staggered vossen cv3 color is graphite.
Old 11-07-18, 09:32 AM
Maher331
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPrince
Hi, I have a 99 gs 400 that I have been fixing up and restoring - it's getting there it is lowered on Megan adj. coils

I was wanting to upgrade my sway bars in the front and rear (from the forums sounds like a worthwhile upgrade)

I cannot find TRD but I can find the Megan or figs set

Where I am needing help - so my car is lowered and I buy sway bars and bushings. what else do I need to buy to complete this install - do I need to purchase the rear traction rods and control arms? what about the front what do I need to purchase for the front? Megan's website doesn't even offer anything for the front for my vehicle.

This is a daily driver car, not a track car. but its fun to get aggressive with it around the bends every once and a while and would great to reduce the body roll etc. ( i live in Oregon so lots of fun roads)

thank you for all your help.

My GS400
Hello add me on Instagram I can give you all the info you would require for suspension parts if needed IG:maher331