Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

FIGS rear toe links

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-18, 08:35 PM
NowSlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FIGS rear toe links

Hi all you trackday addicts. I have been lurking here for the last five or six years. Finally signed up as a member because I have something I want to share.

I have been tracking my 2011 IS350 once and a while for the last four years. This winter I installed FIGS rear toe links. What a great improvement!! Before the rear end of my car was a little nervous and unsettled. If you know the Streets of Willow, you know that there are two places where there is a fast turn followed by a short braking section and then a slow turn. In both of these places, my car was very unsettle in the braking zone. I talked to Mike about this and he recommended his toe links. He said that the stock rear suspension had a lot of toe steer that produced this nervous feeling. I was dubious about this explanation but decided to give them a try. Boy what a difference. The rear end now feels completely planted. Like a completely different car! I have not come across a post on this subject. If you haven't given these a try, you are missing a bet.
Old 03-26-18, 09:56 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

That sounds great! Coincidentally I have toe links on the way this week so I'm definitely looking forward to them. Did you bring them to any regular alignment shop to get adjusted?
Old 03-27-18, 10:11 AM
NowSlow
Driver School Candidate

I just did the install and alignment at home using toe plates and string. If I lost you when I said "string" than best to go to a good alignment shop.
The following users liked this post:
ModInJapan (03-27-18)
Old 04-02-18, 09:36 AM
wickedik
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NowSlow
I just did the install and alignment at home using toe plates and string. If I lost you when I said "string" than best to go to a good alignment shop.
which toe plates do you use? im thinking about getting a set
Old 04-02-18, 11:06 AM
NowSlow
Driver School Candidate

Longacre Race Products deluxe toe plates ( http://www.longacreracing.com/produc...itle=Toe-Tools ).
Old 04-03-18, 12:25 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by NowSlow
Hi all you trackday addicts. I have been lurking here for the last five or six years. Finally signed up as a member because I have something I want to share.

I have been tracking my 2011 IS350 once and a while for the last four years. This winter I installed FIGS rear toe links. What a great improvement!! Before the rear end of my car was a little nervous and unsettled. If you know the Streets of Willow, you know that there are two places where there is a fast turn followed by a short braking section and then a slow turn. In both of these places, my car was very unsettle in the braking zone. I talked to Mike about this and he recommended his toe links. He said that the stock rear suspension had a lot of toe steer that produced this nervous feeling. I was dubious about this explanation but decided to give them a try. Boy what a difference. The rear end now feels completely planted. Like a completely different car! I have not come across a post on this subject. If you haven't given these a try, you are missing a bet.
What's your toe settings all around 0?
Old 04-03-18, 04:33 PM
NowSlow
Driver School Candidate

For the street: front 1/16" out total, rear 1/16" in total.
For the track: front 3/16" out total, rear 1/16" in total.