Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

brake master swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-18, 07:31 PM
jeffy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default brake master swap

Ok so i know ive seen several people on the common brake booster and master swap from an avalon to ditch the problematic and very expensive factory 2gs unit. Ive been thinking and wondering if anyone has tried other choices for this type of swap? just seeing sylvia master cylinders, they look like they might bolt on to the avalon booster and appear from pictures to be a little bit smaller than the avalon master (which is pretty much an aesthetic thing)
So then I got to thinking about an LS400 caliper swap and all that, then i wondered, well what about an LS booster and master? would that bolt up, is the master an internal prop valve like ive seen on supra masters? That would seem to be a very logical choice in cleaning up that whole swap scenario without the need for an external prop valve, at least for standard street duty. I would assume the LS weight and distribution of said weight would be plenty close enough to the gs to not force the need to balance fluid delivery differently like concerns were suggested about using a supra master with the internal prop due to it being lighter and weight balanced differently.
So how about it to those of you race car rebels out there that did the unforgiveable and tossed the ABS and swapped over to a much more cost friendly and simpler setup than the stock 2gs. How much testing and measuring of different boosters/masters did you do? Or did the correct one just pop up pretty early and no need for further investigation. I hope someone has some intel, but i think regardless of what has been looked at or tried I might have to spend a day at the old junkyard when we get some decent weather and see what I can figure out. Heck maybe ill end up giving the 2gs world a lovely little golden nugget.

hhmmmmmmm,,,, or perhaps the SC, it looks to have the same or very similar master to the supra, and im seeing plenty of the 1SC guys doing abs deletes with no external prop valve. The internet sleuthing is on until i can do some hands on to figure out bolt spacing and try to see about actual fitment.

Last edited by jeffy; 02-25-18 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-26-18, 05:58 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the SC and GS have the same master as several people have replaced the units on their GS with the SC masters
Old 02-26-18, 10:45 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah the SC430 is a direct swap

Old 02-26-18, 03:38 PM
jeffy
Rookie

nope, i think we skimmed over the point here fellas. Ditching the nonsense abs waaaayyyy to pricey factory style setup for a standard booster master setup from a 1st gen SC. But never really paying attention to the fact that the abs cluster eff unit also went onto some later model SC, manufacturing procedures would lead me to believe that the firewall stamping might be similar enough on the SC from gen 1 to gen 2 that the brake system punch outs would be the same meaning the 1st gen punch out would be the same dimensions as a GS?.......hmmm definitely need to get my hands on a body or brake system at the yard.
Old 02-26-18, 07:01 PM
jeffy
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...upgrade-2.html

just wanted to have this here for info sake. i think this might end up being a decent option. soon..........................soon.