Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Sways

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-03, 04:44 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Daizen Sways

Just received my Daizen sways today in the mail and am having them installed tomorrow. I will drive it this weekend (weather permitting) and maybe during the week and post my opinions. I of course cant compare them to the TRD. I also got my TEIN CS coilovers today and they are going to be installed next weekend so I can get a feel of the performance of the Daizens.
Old 06-27-03, 05:58 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want the same set up . Let us know what you think.
Old 06-29-03, 11:29 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Had the Daizens installed on Saturday and what a difference. I took it for a little spin on saturday and immediately noticed a difference. One thing I did notice though is that now the rear end feels a little floaty. Will the TOMs LCB take care of this problem for me? I am installing the coilovers next saturday and will see how everything goes with that. The daizens make a huge difference, particularly when passing in traffic and around turns. The car feels more solid now, with the exception of the float of the rear end. the rear on the daizens is adjustable, so should I have it adjusted one way or the other? Overall I have to say that I am very happy with the performance of these sways. Now I cant wait to get the coilovers on. Oh yeah, no decrease in ride quality when the sways were installed.
Old 06-29-03, 12:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Congrats GS300Rich - you had stock sways on before, right?
Old 06-29-03, 08:44 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

yeah completely stock. I had read the recent posts and everyone kept saying how the daizens sways didnt affect ride quality so I decided to go with them. I am pretty happy with that decision, although they have only been on 2 days. My next mod is the TEIN coilovers and EDFC, so we will see how that works with the sways. Any idea on the rear end situation? I was thinking about the TOMs LCB but am worried that the brace will kill the ride quality. Any input or advice?
Old 06-29-03, 09:06 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Any chassis braces will certainly improve the body structure. The best description I can give you is that it will firm things up in the turns, but on very harsh bumps it will create somewhat of a firmer jolt rather than the original ripple type resonation through the body, as the whole body of the car becomes more of a stiff unit, rather than a constantly twisting hollow box. The body itself is also always twisting and absorbing things, just not as noticeably as the suspension components.

On the rear, it could just be due to a slight misalignment on the toe settings, either front or rear. Sometimes things like this don't show themselves until you upgrade something with your tires, wheels or suspension components. It's pretty amazing how some things can be so critical like this.
Old 06-29-03, 09:11 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the reply Todd. I was reading some of the other posts and this could also be due to the fact that it is on the firmest setting? If so I will try to switch it to the middle setting and see if that changes it. There are some fired up people about these sways. I wish I had the TRD sways installed so I could comment on the difference. If you guys make any kind of chassis brace let me know. Thanks again for everything.

Rich
Old 06-29-03, 10:08 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I think on a street car you wouldn't need anything other than the softest setting on the rear. If you had staggered (wider rear) tires then you could probably make more use of the stiffer setting.

The people who would truly appreciate that setting are the ones doing some short course track stuff, as you have to get the rear to kick out quite a bit if you want to get around the course quickly.
Old 06-30-03, 03:32 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Ok I will have them change the setting when they install the coilovers. Then I will see if that makes a difference and go from there. Thanks
Old 07-04-03, 02:11 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GS3 , did you get the coilovers ?
Old 07-06-03, 12:02 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just installed the Daizen Sways today by myself. It took me about 4 hrs total. This was the first time I did anything like it so it was a learning experience. The only hitch I had was....

"REVERSE REAR STABILIZER BAR LINK BY REMOVING IT AND TURNING IT SO THAT THE STUD IS FACING TOWARDS THE OUTSIDE OF THE VEHICLE."

Anyways, I hammer the stabilizer bar link out. That was the easy part. Turned it around and then tried to hammer it back in place. This part was a total ****** to do.....mainly cuz of the limited working space....but nevertheless....I got it back in!!

Took it for a quick spin while the sun was still up.....feels good....nicely planted to the ground on hard 90 degree turns. Quick lane changes also feels better than before (stock). Wife noticed the difference too (shockingly).

Glad I got them. I won't comment on TRD Sways cuz I never tried them.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 07-06-03 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-06-03, 01:27 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

omg!!! All you need to do is loosen the lower shock bolts and everything will come right apart!
Old 07-06-03, 03:36 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
omg!!! All you need to do is loosen the lower shock bolts and everything will come right apart!
Yep....i tried doing that....but that darn lower shock bolt did NOT budge at all (NO impact wrench)....tried using an extended pipe on end of wrench for leverage ....NO luck at all.....thus...i resorted to pounding that sucker back in place.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 07-06-03 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-06-03, 05:13 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I finally got the coilovers and edfc installed. I am still in the process of adjusting the height. There are many threads left on the front and rear and I wanna go lower The Daizen sways are great. Made an immediate impact on handling. We were testing the coilovers out last night and wow this thing handles 1000 times better than stock. Its just amazing. I think I now need to get the rear LCB to help the back end a little (tends to float) and then that should be it. I dont think I am going to get the 6 pc rear suspension bracing. My front end feels well planted and very solid. There is no diving of the front end when going into turns or high speed lane changes. I think once I get the car lower (it is at the same height as when I had the Eibach springs on) and stiffen the suspension it will be even more responsive. It is just amazing how much difference a few mods can make. By the way, the EDFC is definately a great "bang for the buck" mod.
Old 07-06-03, 11:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

good to see two more happy owners of daizen sways

Quick Reply: Daizen Sways