Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rear Upper Control Arm Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-17, 12:15 PM
Chorton3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Upper Control Arm Removal

Hey guys. This is my first post so bear with me. I just recently bought a 2002 GGP IS300 last month and I'm starting on everything suspension wise. I bought CXRacing coilovers and was just going throw those on there and get it aligned. Not so fast! I realized that the front camber bolts were seized so I cut those off and installed new ones. While I was at it I determined that the car needed lots of rust repair(just suspension parts) so I ordered everything for the front and rear! Upper control arms and lowers. Well I've just about finished up the front except for a rubber stopper that I'm waiting on to come in that's goes besides the #1 control arm bushing that I never saw in any of the DIYS. Anyways my main point is that this weekend I went to the junk yard and pulled some Rear Upper Control ARms from a GS300. The are the aluminum ones. I ended up finding poly bushings for them from SPC and the ball joint from rocar. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get the furthest bolt in the rear on on the stock arms out. It seems like it is pretty far back in there. I have already started on one side in the rear taking the ball joint loose and the front most bolt out.

Thanks for the help!
Chris
Old 05-02-17, 02:01 PM
Chorton3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for anyone who views this post know that the balljoint from rocar is not the correct balljoint for the gs300 arms. My inentions were to put the rocar is300 balljoint into the factory gs300 arms but it cant work like that. On top of that, rocars rear upper balljoints are on backorder for 2 months. I ended up scrapping that idea and returning the bushings I ordered. I also bought the stock rear upper control arms.