Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-19, 07:30 PM
tdoggy57
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had to get 2 new front tires today at 20k miles due to being in the red on the outsides. Would this product help eliminate this quick and eneven wear on the front tires?
Old 01-30-19, 10:57 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by tdoggy57
I just had to get 2 new front tires today at 20k miles due to being in the red on the outsides. Would this product help eliminate this quick and eneven wear on the front tires?
Yes or you can also try the GSF/RCF bushings, a few of us have done that instead it’s cheaper and OEM and they aren’t as stiff as poly.
Old 02-01-19, 09:23 AM
LTBT73
Driver School Candidate

Will replacing OEM LCA bushings affect the warranty at all? I just bought a 2016 IS350 F Sport and am very interested in making this upgrade. The dealer put new Goodyear Eagle Sport tires on her and I don't want to replace them in 20k miles, but not if it voids the warranty.
Old 02-01-19, 03:00 PM
sirdizzle
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBT73
Will replacing OEM LCA bushings affect the warranty at all? I just bought a 2016 IS350 F Sport and am very interested in making this upgrade. The dealer put new Goodyear Eagle Sport tires on her and I don't want to replace them in 20k miles, but not if it voids the warranty.
legally speaking, unless hey can prove that the part was the cause of the failure, they cannot void your warranty for it.

The following users liked this post:
LTBT73 (02-02-19)
Old 02-12-19, 01:41 PM
dteskmo
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tdoggy57
SuperPro makes the bushings that FIGS sells. I bought a set of 90 durometer bushings and had them pressed into the OEM housings (unlike FIGS, they don't sell them installed in housings). I find they have a lot less NVH then the RR Racing bushings (which I ran for over a year before selling), cost a LOT less, and still correct the inner tire wear problem. Couldn't be happier!
Johnny3 (08-14-20)
Old 02-24-19, 04:09 PM
Alvhemist
Driver

Does anyone know if you have to re-grease the RR Racing LCA bushings after awhile of use? From there video someone said that the FIGS LCA bushings had to be re-greased because after awhile of use, it got really squeaky. If anyone with knowledge about this can let me know. Thank you.
Old 02-24-19, 07:09 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Alvhemist
Does anyone know if you have to re-grease the RR Racing LCA bushings after awhile of use? From there video someone said that the FIGS LCA bushings had to be re-greased because after awhile of use, it got really squeaky. If anyone with knowledge about this can let me know. Thank you.
Any polyurethane bushing will need to be regreased at some point. The grease area would be around the outside of the center metal cylinder.

Make sure to only use super grease for poly bushings. It is white-ish clear. Do not use the grey grease.

Last edited by TOPENDMS; 02-24-19 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-24-19, 07:35 PM
Alvhemist
Driver

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS

Any polyurethane bushing will need to be regreased at some point. The grease area would be around the outside of the center metal cylinder.

Make sure to only use super grease for poly bushings. It is white-ish clear. Do not use the grey grease.
how often do you think you would have to regrease? also which brand would you recommend for the grease
Old 02-25-19, 03:18 AM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Old 02-25-19, 03:21 AM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Old 02-26-19, 08:46 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBT73
there are no marking on the housing so I doubt they would be able to tell,.
Old 02-26-19, 08:48 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dteskmo
SuperPro makes the bushings that FIGS sells. I bought a set of 90 durometer bushings and had them pressed into the OEM housings (unlike FIGS, they don't sell them installed in housings). I find they have a lot less NVH then the RR Racing bushings (which I ran for over a year before selling), cost a LOT less, and still correct the inner tire wear problem. Couldn't be happier!
do you have the part number, since I switched mine out to RCF ones I could use the OEM housing to do this.
Old 02-26-19, 09:43 AM
dteskmo
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyN
do you have the part number, since I switched mine out to RCF ones I could use the OEM housing to do this.
The part number is SPF3491-90K. They are $150 USD with shipping from Australia on eBay right now. I've had them on the car for almost a year now and have only heard a squeak once at the start of winter and never since. It took a shop one half-hour to press out the old bushings and press in the SuperPro ones. They are incredible!
Old 04-16-19, 08:29 PM
wforty94
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I finally pressed my Superpro LCA 90d LCA busings in. Didn't notice any new NVH, honestly probably wouldn't notice anything had somebody replaced the bushing without you knowing. My car no longer makes this thud/squeal/hum when braking to a complete stop (less deflection white braking with the stiffer LCA bushing). Does seem a little more precise and more sensitive to steering input, though I did this mainly to save my new set of tires from uneven wear. This is my daily driver and no complaints from me, would do 100% again. Superpro FTW.

BTW as far as the LCA bushing goes, Figs = Superpro.
dteskmo (04-18-19)
Old 04-18-19, 07:10 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
Yikes. It's never a good idea to force anything during an install.

Quick Reply: RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing