Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rear upper control arms for 1998 ? what to prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-16, 12:41 PM
Noosik
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear upper control arms for 1998 ? what to prefer?

Hello, I need to change right side rear upper control arm.
In Estonia, only Lexus dealers offer it, and it cost about 6-700euros for one side only, and thats alot in here
so opportunity is ebay, where are offers to one side for ~130-150euros.

on my question, the quality difference ? on thes details, lexus original vs something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OE-SPEC-...lXhuz6&vxp=mtr

how do they last and so on?

sry for my english
Old 10-26-16, 12:57 PM
Noosik
Rookie

So, nobody any info on those made in china control arms. ?
Old 10-27-16, 08:37 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

I'd buy something quality coming out of japan or the US.. not something you want to fail during a road trip/ever.
Old 10-28-16, 03:33 AM
Noosik
Rookie

thanks, the specific part shows info like this

THESE ARMS ARE MADE BY NORTH AMERICAN SUSPENSION (NAS)
Condition:New
Brand:North American Suspension
Part Brand:NAS
OE Spec or Performance/Custom: OE Spec
Manufacturer Part Number:48770-30052
Interchange Part Number:48790-300521
YEAR WARRANTY:12 MONTHS
So it should be good enough for regular daily drive..?
Old 10-28-16, 08:45 AM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

How bout these? http://www.driftworks.com/driftworks...100-sxe10.html

Works out to 221 euros.
Old 10-28-16, 10:43 AM
Noosik
Rookie

Originally Posted by CAKETOWN
How bout these? http://www.driftworks.com/driftworks...100-sxe10.html

Works out to 221 euros.
Wow, seems great, look into it big thanks.
Old 10-28-16, 12:03 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Noosik
Wow, seems great, look into it big thanks.
No problem, gives you the adjustability for later also.
Old 10-29-16, 12:29 AM
Noosik
Rookie

Yes, that always a good extra option, plan to lower it some time, but compared to original part those have different ball joints what do not have any protecting ruber boot on them. Maybe thats not important for this type?
But, in Estonia we have all 4 season and would dust, gravel, water, mud, snow... and all the shiid do damage the ball joint part of the arm ??
Old 10-29-16, 08:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Yes, that always a good extra option, plan to lower it some time, but compared to original part those have different ball joints what do not have any protecting ruber boot on them. Maybe thats not important for this type?
But, in Estonia we have all 4 season and would dust, gravel, water, mud, snow... and all the shiid do damage the ball joint part of the arm ??
i dunno much bout driftworks but that ball joint IMHO looks cheap well more so the piece the ball joint goes into. i would look into some Battle Versions or something of the sort. the ball joint doesnt necessarily need a boot as those are "coated" and can be clean/recoated but also should clean themselves as they move about

im aware of all of these brands having made some or do make some

OEM GS300/GS400/GS430
OEM IS300 (way cheaper than ours)
Battle Versions
Driftworks
Ikeya Formula
Silk Road
T-Demand
Tc Sportline (made one for the IS300 you can use) CAN SEARCH TSC or TC sportline
Studio (have to check and see if these ever actually made it into production)
Serial Nine (although i dont endorse or support Gerard after what he did to the Cressida guys back in the day i do like the looks of his RUCA)
FIGS makes a bushing if just your bushings are shot (if its the balljoint he doesnt make anything thought) http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/index.php?route=product/product&path=46&product_id=111

Last edited by sakataj; 10-30-16 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-29-16, 09:08 AM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

I looked at battle version's website.. there is nothing about a RUCA on the site? I actually just ordered the fuca and toe arm from serial nine yesterday... t-demand would've been even more than that.
Old 10-30-16, 06:19 AM
Noosik
Rookie

So, now been on ebay and google again, sakataj think that I should not go with Driftworks ruca`s.. so far it seems to be my best option even considering postage, at least "on paper"
Did not realy find any better by price than so far the ones in first post or driftworks ones, but I found separate balljoint and + bushings it will be all together ~100-120€ for one side.. equals the same.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172006267769?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
So you got me lil bit scared about driftworks now..
Will go to local lexus tomorrow, find out whats price for IS300 rucas, did not find them allso, few used ones just thats it. Or is it me? am I not looking form the right place.
Old 10-30-16, 08:14 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I looked at battle version's website.. there is nothing about a RUCA on the site? I actually just ordered the fuca and toe arm from serial nine yesterday... t-demand would've been even more than that.
i forgot bout T-demand. Edited post to show them. I didn't say anything was wrong with Serial 9 just said I won't support them for what they did years ago to one set of car enthusiasts

So, now been on ebay and google again, sakataj think that I should not go with Driftworks ruca`s.. so far it seems to be my best option even considering postage, at least "on paper"
Did not realy find any better by price than so far the ones in first post or driftworks ones, but I found separate balljoint and + bushings it will be all together ~100-120€ for one side.. equals the same.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172006267769...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So you got me lil bit scared about driftworks now..
Will go to local lexus tomorrow, find out whats price for IS300 rucas, did not find them allso, few used ones just thats it. Or is it me? am I not looking form the right place.
I didn't say not to buy drift works I just said their ball joint looks cheap. I personally wouldn't want to just push in the ball joint so I would never go that route. I don't know that you'll get it in without damaging the ball joint and even if you're replacing the ball Joint and the bushings. Can buying the bushings and the ball joint Cost less to do.... even if you do them yourself it's got to be essentially the same ballpark and IMHO I would buy the whole arms if I had to go that route

i think the TC sport lines are the cheapest out if your just looking at $'s
Old 10-31-16, 09:59 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Yea you guys in the states have much easier access to parts.. we get screwed pretty good in canada.
Old 11-01-16, 08:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Yea you guys in the states have much easier access to parts.. we get screwed pretty good in canada.
HA, almost everything on that list is coming from Japan so shipping isnt much better for us. Their are a few on the list that are made in the US but not a lot of them

also if you dont see Battle Versions on their Website you can email them
Old 11-02-16, 08:49 AM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sakataj
HA, almost everything on that list is coming from Japan so shipping isnt much better for us. Their are a few on the list that are made in the US but not a lot of them

also if you dont see Battle Versions on their Website you can email them
Well i'll see how much the stock ruca max out at. But yea i wonder what the price difference for me would be between the s9 arms(canada based) and battle version(shipping/customs) considering they both charge the usd. I'd like to buy a few items from battle version.. so it would make sense to buy a few items at once.

Quick Reply: Rear upper control arms for 1998 ? what to prefer?