Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Let me see those brakes!!! (tons of pics, the BRAKE thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-03, 12:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

bozz in fremont. i have heard some good but even more bad stuff about them. they are all kids and they don't really know how to tune cars. sometimes they actually outsource cars for other people to tune. they definitely have a lot of cash to throw around though, but their price is really high in most cases
Old 04-07-03, 01:50 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rominl
bozz in fremont. i have heard some good but even more bad stuff about them. they are all kids and they don't really know how to tune cars. sometimes they actually outsource cars for other people to tune. they definitely have a lot of cash to throw around though, but their price is really high in most cases
Like many shops they have better prices with certain manufacturers than others. My Volks were much lower priced than other local shops and beat out the internet vendors as well by enough, especially when you consider shipping and such.
Old 04-07-03, 02:17 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

AramiGS400 - all I can say is WOW!! Maybe one day I will be able to do some of the mods you have done to your car. Beautiful brakes and all the cosmetic stuff in the engine. I am getting a w###y just looking at your car's brakes.

Maybe one day, I will get my car supercharged.......................... (dreaming now).

Keep posting more pics of your car - I am sure pics don't do your car justice! I would love to see it in person.
Old 04-07-03, 03:31 PM
AramiGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
... I am sure pics don't do your car justice! I would love to see it in person.
Thank you for your kind words Hameed.

What a great idea you have Hameed.

Imagine spontaneous ClubLexus.com members meeting - getting together in Southern California to see/meet each other in person and in person inspect the cars, and exchange the experiences, and take a lot of cool pictures.
How about at the California Speedway in Fontana? Say, on Sunday June 8th, 2003 with the Rolex Sports Car Series Race - 06/08/03 in the background. There is plenty spacious parking lot around this Country Club like racing facility.

"The powerful sports racers and sports cars featured in the Grand American Road Racing Association’s flagship series split a twin bill with the Indy Racing League in their California Speedway debut last spring.
This year, the Grand American Series get its own June 6-8 weekend, with the Rolex Sports Car Series headlining on Sunday June 8th, 2003. With 400 miles of action, it’ll be one race no true enthusiast will dare miss. Capable of speeds approaching 200mph, the swoopy Daytona Prototypes are powered by Ford, Toyota, Porsche, Maserati, BMW and Chevrolet. Also in the Rolex class are the Grand Touring (GT) and Grand Touring Super (GTS) cars that are based on actual production cars including Porsche GT R, BMW M, Ferrari 360 GT and Chevrolet Corvettes. Don’t miss this amazing Sports Car weekend on California Speedway 21-turn road course! "

http://www.californiaspeedway.com

And don't miss the opportunity to hook up with other CL.com members at the parking grounds in front of a Grand Stands!

What do you think Hameed and the rest of you guys about such a CL.com members get together?

Just imagine pictures like this featuring our Lexus's ?!

Please advice.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-08 at 06:19 AM. Reason: fixed images
Old 04-09-03, 10:38 PM
IS Pilot
Driver

May I add a couple of my own?
Mike

Old 04-09-03, 10:45 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Mike,

That is a sick setup!! So sick that I'm saving money for the rear calipers.
Old 04-09-03, 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

holy, that's hot mike! make me a deal on the is300 front and back setup!!!!!!

btw, does that mean if i get that full front and rear setup, i have to get high disk for my rear wheels too?
Old 04-10-03, 04:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by AramiGS400
What a great idea you have Hameed.

Imagine spontaneous ClubLexus.com members meeting - getting together in Southern California to see/meet each other in person and in person inspect the cars, and exchange the experiences, and take a lot of cool pictures.
How about at the California Speedway in Fontana? Say, on Sunday June 8th, 2003 with the Rolex Sports Car Series Race - 06/08/03 in the background. There is plenty spacious parking lot around this Country Club like racing facility.
http://www.californiaspeedway.com

And don't miss the opportunity to hook up with other CL.com members at the parking grounds in front of a Grand Stands!

What do you think Hameed and the rest of you guys about such a CL.com members get together?

Please advice.
Hey AramiGS400, I think that is a wonderful idea. The only problem is I live in Ontario, Canada!!

If I lived in Cali, I would certainly love to come out to that speedway in Fontana. I am sure other CL Cali residents would love to go there. Please keep posting updates and pics as you transform your car some more!!! It is like watching your car becoming a beautiful work of art!

Last edited by Hameed; 04-10-03 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-10-03, 12:29 PM
IS Pilot
Driver

Dennis, the only down side to your recent 355 front kit purchase is that 4 new calipers will be required in order to upgrade to the 4 wheel kit. Reason, front and rear piston sizes change on on the four wheel kit to equalize front to rear bias for a balanced machine.

you may also read up more on the StopTech kits in this thread:
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13339044

Rominl, anytime you are ready I will take care of you The 355mm rotor/hat is required in the rear for clearance of suspension component. The stopping power is to say the least, phenomenal. For the IS3 if you already have a set of rims, you will need 52mm of clearance between the face of the OEM rotor to the rear of your rim spoke.

Take Care,
Mike

Last edited by IS Pilot; 04-10-03 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-10-03, 11:29 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Mike,

Thanks for the info. Boy, am I glad to choose Stoptech over Brembo.

rominl,

Time to ditch the 17" and put some 20" on the IS.
Old 04-11-03, 09:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally posted by RAristo
Thanks for the info. Boy, am I glad to choose Stoptech over Brembo.
Why? They're both good aren't they?
Old 04-11-03, 10:27 AM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Why? They're both good aren't they?
If we just talk about the front brake kit, yes, I think they are in the same level. But as Manaray mentioned before, unlike Brembo, the reason why Stoptech stands out is they test all the application before shipping out. They don't just create a "template" to reuse it in most its applications. While Brembo offers great brake kits, as IS Pilot points out regarding the front to rear baised, the car may actually has longer stopping distance due to front biased (assuming you just upgrade the front). And that's why I will also put on the lines, rotors and pads at the rear in order to achieve a balanced system. I am no expert and if there is any wrong info, please feel free to correct me. I hope this answer your question.
Old 04-21-03, 11:01 PM
Bling
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I need the best braking system BADLY!

I went with the rotora slotted rotors, and ebc greenstuff pads. It made a huge improvement, then I find that My rotors are all heat cracked to death, need refinished, and my pads look like they were caught on fire and cracked up. It was pretty bad looking.

Take it lexus, they say, oh my. We'll put the best lex brakes on it we got, and we need to resurface your rotors. The new brakes are horrible, and fade sooooooooooo easily. I come from 125 to 0 on them, I smell some smoke, and when I get home I see that the resurfaced rotors have heat cracks all over the place again (the day after they got resurfaced!)

Conclusion: I need the best braking system that money can buy, that will not fade, and will rip the car to a balanced stop.

Problem: I have lowenhart LD1 20"s and after cutting out the stoptech template for their caliper and it won't fit behind my 20"s.

I need to immediately purchase the sickest braking system in the world for the gs400. I have heard a post or 2 about endless, but their site seems useless. Does anyone have any further data?
Old 04-21-03, 11:11 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

If even Stoptech calipers won't fit in your rims, I doubt there will be any aftermarket calipers available for you.
Old 04-22-03, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by RAristo
If even Stoptech calipers won't fit in your rims, I doubt there will be any aftermarket calipers available for you.
what he said. if stoptech doesn't fit, you are pretty much hopeless on all big brakes upgrade

Quick Reply: Let me see those brakes!!! (tons of pics, the BRAKE thread)