Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-03, 10:58 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

You know, if you think about anything for long enough you will find a reason to justify it. No, I'm not talking about war with Iraq but rather the Tom's front and rear lower braces I just ordered from Carson's. I called in to order the PI dragon TC, 2800 stall, and just could not prevent myself from ordering the braces as well. I got the last "closed" rear brace in stock -- it should clear the resonators on my Tanabe exhaust.
Old 03-04-03, 11:04 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate you... I was going to call them and ask for a Tom's closed rear brace too.. I figured it'll clear my Apexi pipes and pretty soon I'm going to get the Tom's SS Cat-back... Now I have to call them and make sure they order more.. Thanks alot....
Old 03-04-03, 01:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

on the other hand, i love you, redgs4. you simply make me no need to think about getting anything now
Old 03-04-03, 01:10 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
on the other hand, i love you, redgs4. you simply make me no need to think about getting anything now
Hey Henry, let's keep that love stuff in private messages.
Old 03-04-03, 02:49 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

Originally posted by redgs4
You know, if you think about anything for long enough you will find a reason to justify it. No, I'm not talking about war with Iraq but rather the Tom's front and rear lower braces I just ordered from Carson's. I called in to order the PI dragon TC, 2800 stall, and just could not prevent myself from ordering the braces as well. I got the last "closed" rear brace in stock -- it should clear the resonators on my Tanabe exhaust.
Gee Chris, your catching up to me!

Just got my Tom's this morning. C'mon Henry and Jawnthen, get your Tom's too. Maybe we can do a Install Party at our local shop?
Attached Thumbnails Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces-tom-s-braces.jpg  
Old 03-04-03, 03:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Default Re: Re: Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

Originally posted by RMMGS4

Just got my Tom's this morning. C'mon Henry and Jawnthen, get your Tom's too. Maybe we can do a Install Party at our local shop?
grrrr.... rmmgs4 you always like to tease me as much as i want them, money talks ya all will know soon why
Old 03-04-03, 03:18 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

grrrr.... rmmgs4 you always like to tease me as much as i want them, money talks ya all will know soon why
The fact that us Nor Cal members hang around each other a lot only feeds into this mod frenzy.

Well whatever your reasons for saving your money, I hope it's something good and more important than spending it on cars ! Not sure what that could be though.

We're holding our breath . . .

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-04-03 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-04-03, 03:54 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

dammit, I spend too much money in many other aspects of the car... damn show cars!

When's the next get together by the way???
Old 03-04-03, 05:13 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by MrSypher
I hate you... I was going to call them and ask for a Tom's closed rear brace too.. I figured it'll clear my Apexi pipes and pretty soon I'm going to get the Tom's SS Cat-back... Now I have to call them and make sure they order more.. Thanks alot....
You can thank Steve G, he told me there was only one in stock and that others were about to order. With pressure like that how could I resist.
Old 03-04-03, 05:19 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

Originally posted by RMMGS4

Well, I didn't exactly get the deal that you did and I'm still short the 6 link kit, but I'm getting closer. I'd like to try and hit the strip before I add any of the go fast goodies, any thoughts on a good date? I just need to get the 60K service done [I think I might have a broken engine mount] first.

Henry, my $$$ talks -- it screams at me, "SPEND ME, NOW!" I get to tell my wife tonight, wish me luck.
Old 03-04-03, 06:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

Originally posted by redgs4
Well, I didn't exactly get the deal that you did and I'm still short the 6 link kit, but I'm getting closer. I'd like to try and hit the strip before I add any of the go fast goodies, any thoughts on a good date? I just need to get the 60K service done [I think I might have a broken engine mount] first.

Henry, my $$$ talks -- it screams at me, "SPEND ME, NOW!" I get to tell my wife tonight, wish me luck.
haha, you ordered them BEFORE talking to your wife? you are brave, man! i can't even do that with my gf
Old 03-04-03, 07:12 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces

haha, you ordered them BEFORE talking to your wife? you are brave, man! i can't even do that with my gf
LOL, that's funny.. I tell my wife that it was given to me or someone owed me something and they sent this instead.. I hate having to lie, but the last time I told her the truth she flipped out and I was in the dawg house for awhile.. So I think this little white lies are for here benefit, you know I'm trying to keep her blood pressure down...
Old 03-04-03, 09:19 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Done deal, told the wife and I'm still alive with all the important parts in place. She actually does not care how much I spend as long as I take care of everything else that needs to be taken care of. That was the sticking point -- I kinda told her that I would get a contractor in to redo the plumbing and landscape the house BEFORE I spent more money on the car. So I gotta take care of that stuff quick!!!
Old 03-05-03, 02:03 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

glen...don't tease/temp me either...just install those things and lie to me and tell me that you can't really feel a difference
Old 03-05-03, 11:06 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry jawnthen but you can feel the difference. I have the TRD fronts though and would be interested in seeing how much the 6-link helps. Big thumbs up for the Tom's rear.

Quick Reply: Tom's Lower Front and Rear Braces