Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

HIGHWAY VIBRATION could this Fix it??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-03, 07:20 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIGHWAY VIBRATION could this Fix it??

Ok notice the part in here where it says that vibration at high speed, and the clunk sound when backing up, because I've heard that clunk sound about 20 times already since i've had my car...

and just to let u guys know I got this from that daizensporttuning.com website

High Performance Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings

Increased road feel and handling characteristics. Replaces worn OE rubber bushings, which are highly susceptible to cracking and deterioration. A sensible (and permanent!) alternative to purchasing $500+ stock replacement control arms!

Daizen Sport Tuning high performance polyurethane control arm bushings eliminate unsafe driving conditions and poor handling by allowing minimal deflection of the control arms during dynamic vehicle operation. Unwanted camber, caster and toe change become a thing of the past, with control arms operating only in their designated arc and suspension travel parameters. The potential for irregular tire wear is greatly reduced, which is usually a result of the inability to properly align the suspension to required alignment specifications.

The rubber composition of the OE bushings is highly susceptible to wear and deterioration over time - hot/cold cycling, road salt and other extreme road conditions will accelerate this condition. This bushing failure problem can occur in as little as 30,000 miles and almost always by 70-80,000 miles.

Some symptoms of this deteriorated bushing problem are: Excessive tire wear; the inability to properly align the vehicle; audible "clunk" noises from floorboard area, especially when turning or backing up; wandering and/or unstable steering especially at higher speeds; unstable braking; vibration at higher speeds.

An increase in braking stability is also achieved, due to the fact that the control arms will not shift or oscillate forward and backward under the extreme lateral loads experienced during heavy braking.

If other suspension upgrades such as springs, struts or sway bars are installed, the benefits of each will be maximized when used in conjunction with our high performance control arm bushings.

Just as with our other polyurethane suspension components, there is no worry of deterioration of the bushings over time with extreme use or with harsh road conditions.

The lower durometer hardness of these bushing sets provide a very acceptable ride, as they were specifically designed with Lexus owners in mind. A significant upgrade in handling is provided, with a minimal effect on overall ride quality. These kits are not like typical aftermarket hard durometer bushing kits, which while improving handling, also noticeably degrade a vehicle's ride quality and comfort level.

Available for:

SC300/400 (1992-1996) P/N S1-2002
SC300/400 (1997-2000) P/N S1-2002A
GS300/400/430 (1998-2003) Coming Soon!
Old 02-13-03, 12:02 AM
FusionMan79
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you running NOS and a Twin Turbo in your GS? Cause even with both of those I don't think you could hit a 8 sec 1/4 mile time. I'm curious about the bushings too. I've been waiting for them to become available so I can buy them. If anyone has experience with these things or even just with replacing the bushings with new stock ones, please post.
Old 02-13-03, 07:09 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried asking ShowGSLuVv the same question like 3 times how he is doing 1/4's in the 8's but never got a response.

ShowGSLuVv
WHAT YOU GOT UNDER YOUR HOOD TO GET THOSE TIMES???
Old 02-13-03, 08:46 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Fellas it was just a joke for my QM times, my car doesn't go anywhere near that fast, still completely stock

ShOwGS