Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bc coilovers & Swift springs on is 250 awd

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 04:43 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bc coilovers & Swift springs on is 250 awd

So I'm looking to lower my IS 250 using bc coilovers and swift springs so I'm looking to see what everyones experiences with this set up has been. Any thumps or vibrations.. Etc
Old 02-06-14, 07:22 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

ive heard some instances people speaking of clunking. but me personally i havent heard that since ive owned BC's at all
Old 02-06-14, 07:45 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I have the bc coils with standard springs, never a klunk or any noise and it rides great...
Old 02-06-14, 08:05 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mike33
I have the bc coils with standard springs, never a klunk or any noise and it rides great...
yeah agreed and i have BC coils on both my cars right now and havent ever heard a sound. but i wished i had gotten the swift spring option so on that i say do it.
Old 02-06-14, 08:13 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
So I'm looking to lower my IS 250 using bc coilovers and swift springs so I'm looking to see what everyones experiences with this set up has been. Any thumps or vibrations.. Etc
I heard good thing with these setup. I know a local guy with an isf with that setup up and love it. As far as vibration that an awd thing. Some people can deal with it others can't. It also depends on how low you go with it. Just make sure the spring load is set and not lose. Something that will cause clunking from moving.
Old 02-07-14, 01:22 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not that the BCs cause a vibration but there have been issues in the past with any coilover system or lower springs on the AWD cars (Lexus). Some guys had slight vibrations at idle. Apparently it is something to do with how the factory axles are setup. We do a ton of suspension setups and specifically the BCs and I rarely ever heard anyone get back to me about a vibration on their AWD. If you do end up getting a vibration with whatever kit you do I've heard that you can play with the height and it will get rid of the noise. Let us know if you have any questions or need anymore suggestions.

-Paul @ CMS
Old 02-08-14, 12:32 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
Its not that the BCs cause a vibration but there have been issues in the past with any coilover system or lower springs on the AWD cars (Lexus). Some guys had slight vibrations at idle. Apparently it is something to do with how the factory axles are setup. We do a ton of suspension setups and specifically the BCs and I rarely ever heard anyone get back to me about a vibration on their AWD. If you do end up getting a vibration with whatever kit you do I've heard that you can play with the height and it will get rid of the noise. Let us know if you have any questions or need anymore suggestions.

-Paul @ CMS
I wasn't implying that it was the paticular coilover that cause the noise and vibration but that i heard the bc coilover paired up with the Swift upgrade has had some good reviews on the AWD system but I'm starting to think it depends on the paticular vehicle.