Flush Spacers on Fsport Rims - Page 16 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Flush Spacers on Fsport Rims

Old 06-14-17, 03:46 PM   #226
YoungRider
Driver School Candidate

Quick flick with the new camera
YoungRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 05:45 PM   #227
LPM1982
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRider View Post
Quick flick with the new camera
Nice!!!!!! Perfect stance to me.
LPM1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 06:14 AM   #228
Ciggy
Pole Position

Hey guys little update with my stance situation. Lowered the car a good amount using RS*R Coilovers. Installed 25mm H&R spacers in the front. No rubbing, ride very nice.

The rear was a different story. H&R does not make 20mm spacers with the studs pressed in. I went with Ichiba V2 for the rear. The Ichiba spacers are great, but their method of making these things universal using the hub centric ring is TERRIBLY implemented. The H&R's are one piece. No center ring. The Ichiba's however have a large hole in the center so they can fit many cars and they come with a ring specific to fit your car.

The ring was too loose of a fit inside the wheel, also too loose of a fit from the ring to the spacer it self. Which is a shame considering the company makes both pieces and has them on hand how could they let it go out the door with such bad fitment. When installed these things were so off balance it felt like my wheels were going to fall off at 60mph. On top of all that 20mm seemed to be just a tad too wide for how low I went.

My father is a machinist so none of this was a show stopper for me. I went to his house and we measured everything. The wheel hub, the hub, the rings everything was a tiny bit off leaving a lot of room for movement. I did some research and guys online fill the void with electrical tape and say it works but I wasn't going to do that. My dad made me new rings, and shaved the spacers from 20mm to 18mm. Now everything fits VERY snug and rides fantastic. I can't believe Ichiba is selling the spacers the way they are. I am going to contact them at some point and show them my measurements and the new rings we made.

I'm happy with the ride quality and the stance now.

Ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 05:25 AM   #229
Chrispies
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciggy View Post
The rear was a different story. H&R does not make 20mm spacers with the studs pressed in.
H&R definitely does make a 20mm DRM spacer for our Lexus application. Here's the part number.

​​​​​​HR-4065600
Chrispies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-17, 01:26 PM   #230
jmull3r
Pole Position

hey guys what spacers should i use to make my AWD IS look good on RSR super downs and 19" rays 57transcend wheels with the stock tire sizes, suggestions?
jmull3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-17, 01:30 PM   #231
jmull3r
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnguyen350 View Post
25mm in the front and 20mm in the rear on rsr super down springs
nvm my quote before lol, what brands of spacers are you using? I'm looking to do the exact same setup, i have a USB IS too, just a 2017 instead

Last edited by jmull3r; 06-23-17 at 01:57 PM.
jmull3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 05:43 AM   #232
MilkMonstr
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciggy View Post
Hey guys little update with my stance situation. Lowered the car a good amount using RS*R Coilovers. Installed 25mm H&R spacers in the front. No rubbing, ride very nice.

The rear was a different story. H&R does not make 20mm spacers with the studs pressed in. I went with Ichiba V2 for the rear. The Ichiba spacers are great, but their method of making these things universal using the hub centric ring is TERRIBLY implemented. The H&R's are one piece. No center ring. The Ichiba's however have a large hole in the center so they can fit many cars and they come with a ring specific to fit your car.

The ring was too loose of a fit inside the wheel, also too loose of a fit from the ring to the spacer it self. Which is a shame considering the company makes both pieces and has them on hand how could they let it go out the door with such bad fitment. When installed these things were so off balance it felt like my wheels were going to fall off at 60mph. On top of all that 20mm seemed to be just a tad too wide for how low I went.

My father is a machinist so none of this was a show stopper for me. I went to his house and we measured everything. The wheel hub, the hub, the rings everything was a tiny bit off leaving a lot of room for movement. I did some research and guys online fill the void with electrical tape and say it works but I wasn't going to do that. My dad made me new rings, and shaved the spacers from 20mm to 18mm. Now everything fits VERY snug and rides fantastic. I can't believe Ichiba is selling the spacers the way they are. I am going to contact them at some point and show them my measurements and the new rings we made.

I'm happy with the ride quality and the stance now.

Car looks good man. Ichibia is a very cheap brand and are not
know for high quality products.
MilkMonstr is offline   Reply With Quote