Notices
Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
Old 12-12-14, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

RS*R Down Lowering Springs vs Super Down

 
Old 04-15-19, 05:53 AM
  #286  
Rufio904
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I just lowered my 2015 IS250 on RSR Downs with 15mm spacers (front and rear). I do have slight rubbing on big dips.
Rufio904 is offline  
The following users liked this post: Rufio904
sikor (04-15-19)
Old 04-16-19, 04:39 AM
  #287  
Sasnuke
Lexus Champion
 
Sasnuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,313
Liked 326 Times in 290 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rufio904 View Post
I just lowered my 2015 IS250 on RSR Downs with 15mm spacers (front and rear). I do have slight rubbing on big dips.
Are you on stock wheels or something bigger?
Sasnuke is online now  
Old 04-16-19, 06:29 AM
  #288  
Rufio904
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Stock wheels.
Rufio904 is offline  
Old 04-16-19, 10:33 AM
  #289  
Sasnuke
Lexus Champion
 
Sasnuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,313
Liked 326 Times in 290 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rufio904 View Post
Stock wheels.
Which wheels are rubbing? If you know.
With 15mm spacers on the back you should be fine with Downs.
I can't imagine the fronts are rubbing.
Sasnuke is online now  
Old 04-16-19, 11:34 AM
  #290  
Rufio904
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Passenger rear and you are correct the front are not rubbing.
Rufio904 is offline  
Old 04-16-19, 12:36 PM
  #291  
Sasnuke
Lexus Champion
 
Sasnuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,313
Liked 326 Times in 290 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rufio904 View Post
Passenger rear and you are correct the front are not rubbing.
Some have reported rubbing with spacers on stock wheels, but it seems hit and miss...more so miss as most seem to be ok.
If it's just one side then likely its just an anomaly as to how the wheel sits with relation to the body.

No sure if there is an easy answer here.
Maybe a slight pull of the fender might make some room if it's only slightly rubbing.
Sasnuke is online now  
Old 04-17-19, 06:12 AM
  #292  
wperena
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Will RS*R Downs rub with my set up?

Hey CL,

So I was just curious and wanted to put it out there to get feedback.
This thread is great with everyone posting their set up and advising others of painpoints, proper fitment, rubbing etc.

I am currently driving a 2015 Lexus IS250 AWD Fsport and I am considering buying RS*R DOWN Springs and not the Super downs
I want to close the gap, but not have too low.

My set up for my summer wheels go as follows:
Tires: Toyo Proxes 4 Plus
Rims: Vossen CV3R

Front: 235/35/R19 (19x8.5 +32 offset)
Rear: 265/30/R19 (19x10 +45 offset)

So if I install the RS*R downs, will my tires be rubbing?

Thanks in advance for your feedback/help!
(I've attached a picture of my car with my rims on riding on stock height...looking like a monster truck currently haha)
wperena is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 07:07 AM
  #293  
Napalvr
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 435
Liked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wperena View Post
Hey CL,

So I was just curious and wanted to put it out there to get feedback.
This thread is great with everyone posting their set up and advising others of painpoints, proper fitment, rubbing etc.

I am currently driving a 2015 Lexus IS250 AWD Fsport and I am considering buying RS*R DOWN Springs and not the Super downs
I want to close the gap, but not have too low.

My set up for my summer wheels go as follows:
Tires: Toyo Proxes 4 Plus
Rims: Vossen CV3R

Front: 235/35/R19 (19x8.5 +32 offset)
Rear: 265/30/R19 (19x10 +45 offset)

So if I install the RS*R downs, will my tires be rubbing?

Thanks in advance for your feedback/help!
(I've attached a picture of my car with my rims on riding on stock height...looking like a monster truck currently haha)
Nice looking car👍 You wonít have any problem. Iím running the same setup (except my rear offset is +42) on my AWD.
Napalvr is online now  
Old 04-17-19, 07:14 AM
  #294  
wperena
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Napalvr View Post
Nice looking car👍 You wonít have any problem. Iím running the same setup (except my rear offset is +42) on my AWD.

Thanks Napalvr ! Puts my mind more at ease now.
Now to get those springs and install them asap!
wperena is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 08:34 AM
  #295  
Napalvr
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 435
Liked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wperena View Post
Thanks Napalvr ! Puts my mind more at ease now.
Now to get those springs and install them asap!

Hereís mine with RSR downs
Napalvr is online now  
Old 04-17-19, 08:36 AM
  #296  
Sasnuke
Lexus Champion
 
Sasnuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,313
Liked 326 Times in 290 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wperena View Post
Hey CL,

So I was just curious and wanted to put it out there to get feedback.
This thread is great with everyone posting their set up and advising others of painpoints, proper fitment, rubbing etc.

I am currently driving a 2015 Lexus IS250 AWD Fsport and I am considering buying RS*R DOWN Springs and not the Super downs
I want to close the gap, but not have too low.

My set up for my summer wheels go as follows:
Tires: Toyo Proxes 4 Plus
Rims: Vossen CV3R

Front: 235/35/R19 (19x8.5 +32 offset)
Rear: 265/30/R19 (19x10 +45 offset)

So if I install the RS*R downs, will my tires be rubbing?

Thanks in advance for your feedback/help!
(I've attached a picture of my car with my rims on riding on stock height...looking like a monster truck currently haha)
You'll be fine with the Downs.
You have some nice big openings in the rim...might need to do a 350 front brake conversion...just saying
Sasnuke is online now  
Old 04-17-19, 10:28 AM
  #297  
wperena
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Napalvr View Post



Hereís mine with RSR downs

Napalvr Looks good and a really clean set up! that's the exact drop I was looking for.
wperena is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 10:44 AM
  #298  
wperena
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sasnuke View Post
You'll be fine with the Downs.
You have some nice big openings in the rim...might need to do a 350 front brake conversion...just saying
I couldn't agree more Sasnuke it's definitely on the "to do" list
wperena is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS*R Down Lowering Springs vs Super Down


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: