Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

camber kit from H&R???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-02, 09:54 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question camber kit from H&R???

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/triplec.html

anyone heard of this or know if it can be used for our cars?
a blurb from their descriptions says...
"Consisting of a pair of specially-designed bolts, H&R's patented Triple C camber adjusters replace the original upper fastening bolts on all McPherson strut applications"
Old 12-19-02, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm.... not 100% sure but from what i know (all the CL members) there is no camber kit if there is one i am all game
Old 12-20-02, 03:21 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks doable on our suspensions. I'll pull off the front wheel and see if I can see any issue with this application.

Is this the only HR Part # for the camber kit?

I am game to try it. I'll check with a shop I deal with that tunes race suspensions on BMW/Porsches.

They sell HR, so I should be able to find out fairly quickly if this application will work on our cars.
Old 12-20-02, 03:36 PM
JWgs430
Rookie

i emailed H&R. They said they do not make a camber kit for the gs application. i think the adjustable bolts are similar to the stock ones. the applications that they make are for cars with no camber adjustments. when i had my Z, the coencentric bolts did not correct the camber enough, so i had to get adjustable A arms from stillen.
Old 12-20-02, 07:38 PM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by JWgs430
i emailed H&R. They said they do not make a camber kit for the gs application. i think the adjustable bolts are similar to the stock ones. the applications that they make are for cars with no camber adjustments. when i had my Z, the coencentric bolts did not correct the camber enough, so i had to get adjustable A arms from stillen.
I was told that the GS camber is not adjustable, which makes sense why HR would not offer a kit. I assume this kit they are talking about would be the adjustable plates at the top of the shock tower, not the concentric bolts at the strut mounting hole.

The concentric bolts would appear to me, to be the easiest way to get some camber adjustment on our cars. Whether it will be enough to correct the camber will depend on how low the car is.

Adjustable A-ams would be great if they were offered for the GS, but if these bolts fit, and just set them to their maximum positive offset, it would still be better then nothing.
Old 12-20-02, 08:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

the gs4 camber IS adjustable.
Old 12-20-02, 09:42 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the H&R bolts are for McPherson...and Rominl is right though, the GS's camber is adjustable (limited)...however, I spoke with DevilDog and he said when the car is lowered, it's a little difficult...I don't know if the camber is adjustable ENOUGH...

Fully adjustable a-arms would be nice...
Old 12-20-02, 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

yup todd of tm engineering showed me where to adjust the camber. it's at the bottom of the suspension. however adjusting that will also affect the toe at the same time, that's why it's hard to adjust and why it ended up not able to fully help the lowered cars.

in fact on my car i still have a lot of room to correct the negative camber, but doing that will affect the toe quite badly, so..... that's why
Old 12-29-02, 03:46 AM
RMMGS4

Default Guess we're SOL

So just to close on what Manaray and others have said, the HR bolts posted by Jawnthen are only for McPherson Struts, which is not applicable on the GS suspension, since it has a double wishbone type of set up. These McPherson bolts and camber plates have NO application or effect on our type of suspensions.

The lower you drop your car the harder it will be to get the camber back to spec. since the camber adjustment range was "Designed" to accomodate the stock ride height.

Dropped spindles would be another alternative to adjustable A-arms, but I suppose no one makes them for the GS ? ?

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-29-02 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-29-02, 08:05 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

RMMGS4 is absolutelty right. I went to my alignment guy, and he said "You really ****ED up your car by lowering it". I have zero gap in the rear and one finger gap in the front. He puts a device that hangs onto all four of my 20's and each one has some kind of lazer that shoots forward to align it. He said my car was so low he was having a hard time aligning the rear. Though he did manage to align it the best he can. The rear though is off by one degree negatively.
Old 12-30-02, 07:32 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would run a 2/1 setup or a 1/0 personally...probably 1/0 on my GS (cuz I don't track it) and a 2/1 for my SC cuz I do...