Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Exact Rear RCA problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 04:36 PM
Toyoboy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Exact Rear RCA problem

I installed these and the car cannot be properly aligned. The tow control rods are adjusted to the max and it isn't enough. Who else has this problem??? I went to three alignment shops and all of them say them same thing. Also went through two sets of rear tires in 350 miles!!! Someone else chime in to help me figure this out as I have not gotten a response from Exact on the problem.

My car is on TEIN Flex's and 20" wheels lowered very mildly
Old 03-23-12, 04:45 PM
SlowGS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe figs or megan toe links to adjust the toe
Old 03-23-12, 04:58 PM
Toyoboy
Rookie

Thanks for the info. Just wish I would have known about this problem before I spent the money on the RCA's
Old 03-23-12, 10:55 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Megans adjustable toe rods or FIGS.. will fix the toe problem.

I dont think its a consistent issue....some cars use rear RCA without needing adjustable toe rods...while some do....its a hit and miss.
Old 03-27-12, 11:42 AM
Toyoboy
Rookie

Thanks guys..Looks like I'll have to sink more money into this bottomless pit
Old 04-09-12, 03:12 PM
Toyoboy
Rookie

I'm only seeing toe control rods for 06+ GS's

Anyone have a link to what I need? I've got to fix it so I can sell the car before I deploy again
Old 04-09-12, 08:33 PM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The toe control rods for the is300 and gs300/400/430 are the same, look for megan gs300 on ebay.

I have toe control rods from topspeed on my rear.
Old 04-17-12, 11:26 PM
Toyoboy
Rookie

Thanks found it
Old 09-19-12, 11:17 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys... for anybody (or EVERYBODY) who has installed Sage OR ExactMotorsports RCA's on the front and back of their 2GS- that still has STOCK SUSPENSION... which inserts did you choose for adjusting the (+) camber, on the REAR RCA's ???

I am installing the Exact REAR RCA's... which will drop the rear of the car approx 20mm (3/4" per ExactMotorsports, actually)... so do I choose the + .5 or + 1-degree positive camber setting (using the oblong inserts) to counter the SLIGHT negative camber from installing these?

Installing the REAR RCA's with stock suspension will still cause a little bit of negative camber in the rear, right???
( I know it did in the front, but until I buy and install adjustable SAGE! or MEGAN coilovers, I'll have to deal with the tire wear up front )
Old 09-19-12, 04:52 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

just put the middle most insert
Old 09-19-12, 09:21 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Thanks ! I called ExactMotorsports today, and they said to use the 2nd-from-left in this picture...??? What do you think ?
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-12, 09:27 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

wvynn- have you had RCA"s installed with Stock springs, etc? I'd just love to get it right (using the inserts) the first time, so when I take it to get alligned, they don't have to change the inserts to get the rear camber within factory spec.

Also- not sure if it matters or not, but I'm going to be running 19 x 10's with 275/30's on them! (offset allows them to fit without rubbing- but MIGHT need a tad more negative camber for that..? Ahh- I don't know)
Old 09-20-12, 08:17 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

i havent used it on stock suspension yet (currently on air) however i did use the most positive insert. in this case the furthest right insert.. # 5 to provide more positive camber. From the ground to fender lip (rear) im currently at 24.5 inches and the alignment spec shows -.5o camber.

personally the middle most or the one exact recommended will work. In the end you dont have any camber adjustment with rear RCA (eccentric bolt). So if you want, just test it out with either insert and see how the car sits before getting a toe alignment.

oh and yea front RCA will yield negative camber.. unless you lift it back up but you should be able to adjust it enough to make it negligible since youre still stock.
Old 09-21-12, 11:08 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vwynn
i havent used it on stock suspension yet (currently on air) however i did use the most positive insert. in this case the furthest right insert.. # 5 to provide more positive camber. From the ground to fender lip (rear) im currently at 24.5 inches and the alignment spec shows -.5o camber.

personally the middle most or the one exact recommended will work. In the end you dont have any camber adjustment with rear RCA (eccentric bolt). So if you want, just test it out with either insert and see how the car sits before getting a toe alignment.

oh and yea front RCA will yield negative camber.. unless you lift it back up but you should be able to adjust it enough to make it negligible since youre still stock.
Okay... cool. Yeah, with your GS being on air...it's a totally different game! Do you know what the stock measurement is.. or WAS from the ground to the fender lip. I'm gonna measure it today!

I am putting the rear RCA's on today... Do you think putting the middle insert will allow the Toe to being adjusted more easily at all...or could that even change the difficulty of getting the Toe to correct spec ?

And with coilovers, if you lift the front back up to factory height- then the camber would go away, but the car wouldn't be lowered up front either, right? I NEED AIR RIDE again! As soon as I don't live in the NorthEast, man. DOIN IT. (next car, though)

Thanks for your help...
Old 09-21-12, 02:49 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

your toe will be in spec long as the tech dude knows what hes doing. only until you slam will u need new toe arms.

and yes to the coils.. if u set your coils high. but ide perfer to go low . plus i think its counter productive since the reason for RCA is to bring the LCA lower and the hub higher.. which yields a more optimal angle on all of the suspension arms when the car is low. just IMO lol