Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need Rear Suspension Help PLZ!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-12, 11:34 AM
eagleeye
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Rear Suspension Help PLZ!

I recently lowered my GS3 2 inches using Megan Springs. Since then my car has eaten through a brand new set of Hankook V12's in the rear. I havent had much luck with alignments and i need to correct the problem before i purchase another set of rear tires.

So my question is this, Can i fix my rear camber issues with a Megan Rear Toe control Arms for the IS300?

I havent seen a lot of info on this site about it. I talked to a rep from Megan and he said that he "heard" that it was possible. I am wondering if there is anyone on this site that can confirm this. Was the installation process easy? Did you have to make any adjustments in order for it to work? Did it just bolt on? and lastly, did it correct your camber problems????
Thanks for your help.

UPDATE!!!!!

FIGS is creating my arms as we speak. They will be shipped out early next week. So if i have time before my vacation i will put them on an update this thread. For now here's some pics of my rear tire....

Do you guys think i can get a couple more months out of this tire or should i replace it NOW!?
Attached Thumbnails Need Rear Suspension Help PLZ!-toe-arms.jpg   Need Rear Suspension Help PLZ!-bad-tire-2-1.jpg   Need Rear Suspension Help PLZ!-bad-tire-1.jpg  

Last edited by eagleeye; 01-19-12 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-15-12, 01:15 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Those are toe arms. They correct toe angle, which is what's probably causing you to eat tires given that you're only Megan springs. The ones from the IS300 will fit, but there will be some rubbing going on. I had the same toe arms on my car, but sold it to get some FIGS arms. Less bulky, and nicer rod ends.
Old 01-15-12, 01:42 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSteg
Those are toe arms. They correct toe angle, which is what's probably causing you to eat tires given that you're only Megan springs. The ones from the IS300 will fit, but there will be some rubbing going on. I had the same toe arms on my car, but sold it to get some FIGS arms. Less bulky, and nicer rod ends.
Rubbing? Where will this come from? Besides purchasing Figs, are there any other solutions to correct the rubbing?
Old 01-15-12, 05:50 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

i look into these too, but i am just going to save up and get figs, where did it rub gsteg?
Old 01-15-12, 08:35 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

The bushings on the Megan arms does not allow for much movement. It adds unnecessary noise and stiffness.
Old 01-15-12, 10:41 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

buy the ones from FIGS!
Old 01-16-12, 04:46 AM
eagleeye
Rookie

Would you get the arms from FIGS or an Exact RCA?
Btw, the service you receive from FIGS is at the top of the line.
Old 01-16-12, 08:08 AM
fastryan
Driver

did you have the car aligned after the spring install? 2" is not that much, it should be able to get into spec. except for the camber, it will most likely be out by 1-2 10ths of an inch. very small.
Old 01-16-12, 10:42 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by eagleeye
The FIGS rear toe end links will solve your toe issue.
Old 01-16-12, 02:14 PM
lexusben
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Definitely, I just got Figs to solve my Rear Toe Problem. I don't think the problem was the toe control arms, but instead the mounts that held them in place were bent. Anyways, the FIGS Arms correct this problem.
Old 01-16-12, 09:45 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

So after reviewing all of your comments, I decided to go with FIGS. I will update you all once it's installed and aligned. I appreciate everyone's help.
Old 01-17-12, 09:19 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

buy the ones from FIGS!
x2
i went with the rcas ( it was before i really knew about figs ( but i got a hell of a deal on them))
Originally Posted by fastryan
did you have the car aligned after the spring install? 2" is not that much, it should be able to get into spec. except for the camber, it will most likely be out by 1-2 10ths of an inch. very small.
i was on tanabe df'swith the sage rear rca and was in all oem spec's toe, camber....and on 20x10's with 275/35 tires, just needed a fender shave. the df's made it -2 degrees but with the rca it brought it back into spec. i am now on megan lp's at nearly the same hight (tucking 1/2"-3/4" tire) and am .02 degree out of oem toe in the rear, hence why i am looking to get the figs links later.
true statement
So after reviewing all of your comments, I decided to go with FIGS. I will update you all once it's installed and aligned. I appreciate everyone's help.
you wont be sorry, and please update us
Old 01-19-12, 07:14 AM
Acer
Lead Lap

update? ....
Old 01-19-12, 10:42 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by acer9103
update? ....
its only been 2.5 days since he said he was gonna order them....u think he ordered them,got them, and installed them that quickly?

he said he will update man just give him a second to do so, i would be surprised if he even had them yet.....that's assuming he already ordered them too
Old 01-19-12, 01:32 PM
eagleeye
Rookie

Originally Posted by sakataj
its only been 2.5 days since he said he was gonna order them....u think he ordered them,got them, and installed them that quickly?

he said he will update man just give him a second to do so, i would be surprised if he even had them yet.....that's assuming he already ordered them too
LMAO!!!!!

Ok here's a brief update, I have ordered my toe arms from FIGS and he stated that he would have them to me by 1-27-12

thanks for looking out Sakataj

Quick Reply: Need Rear Suspension Help PLZ!