Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Questions Before Install of Goodies :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-02, 03:42 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions Before Install of Goodies :)

Ok guys, I would like to know if there is anything I should know before getting the following installed tomorrow (Tue 10/8).

TRD Sways? They seem to be simple as long as they are not installed upside down as Bit and Shinchan had. Are there any torque settings I should tell my installer, since he and I don't read Japanese that are printed on the TRD sheets? Should I have him loctite the bolts for extra safety?

TRD STB? I know I have to remove my engine cover since I have the 430 and I will do that before bringing my car in. Any torque settings on this as well I should know about?

TRD LCB? Anything to know about this to tell the installer?

And finally TEIN HA? Anything I should know on this? What settings should I have them set to? I am leaning towards 8/6 based on what I have read.

I have confidence in my installer but I also like to be educated on what to know and what to keep an eye out for. Two heads are better than one I appreciate the feedback guys. I guess my goodies for the NYC meet are not a secret anymore, LOL. Goodbye stock suspension!
Old 10-07-02, 05:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Re: Questions Before Install of Goodies :)

Originally posted by GS430 GUY
Ok guys, I would like to know if there is anything I should know before getting the following installed tomorrow (Tue 10/8).

TRD Sways? They seem to be simple as long as they are not installed upside down as Bit and Shinchan had. Are there any torque settings I should tell my installer, since he and I don't read Japanese that are printed on the TRD sheets? Should I have him loctite the bolts for extra safety?

TRD STB? I know I have to remove my engine cover since I have the 430 and I will do that before bringing my car in. Any torque settings on this as well I should know about?

TRD LCB? Anything to know about this to tell the installer?

And finally TEIN HA? Anything I should know on this? What settings should I have them set to? I am leaning towards 8/6 based on what I have read.

I have confidence in my installer but I also like to be educated on what to know and what to keep an eye out for. Two heads are better than one I appreciate the feedback guys. I guess my goodies for the NYC meet are not a secret anymore, LOL. Goodbye stock suspension!
no idea on sways coz' i am still waiting for one....

for the stb, torque setting is around 41lb-ft

for the lcb, torque setting is around 42lb-ft

i have 7/5 on my HA, but that's coz' i got 19. with the stock 17" you can do it at 8/6 and the result would be very nice, imho at least
Old 10-07-02, 01:01 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Rominl,

Thanks for the torque specs and feedback on HA settings, much appreciated.
Old 10-07-02, 05:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

np, just remember to post pics and how you like them
Old 10-07-02, 10:21 PM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tein HA!.. make sure they put anti seize on the adjusting thread.. My installer did not put any anti seize.. now I am having problem adjusting the height... also make sure they use the stock bump stop.. a must...
Old 10-08-02, 01:30 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Shincan,

Thanx for that info on the HA's. I'll be sure to note that to my installer, even if he knows it already.

What settings do the HA's come set at out of the box, does anyone know?
Old 10-08-02, 01:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

not sure about that though, but i know 8/8 is recommended on the HA
Old 10-08-02, 03:07 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running 8/6, overall a bit harsh. But I'm willing to take that in trade for the handling.

Keep us informed on your TRD sways experience, I'm on the waiting list for the next shipment. Probably sitting on a dock in Oakland.
Old 10-08-02, 03:21 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely will keep you all informed on my impressions once I get my ride back. I was just reading through some old posts and noticed there was an issue with the TRD STB on the 430 with regards to the oil cap not being able to come off. I guess I will need to make sure the stock spacer is left on, but I am not sure since I am doing Tein HA as well. Oh well, I'll let my installer figure this one out. I can't stress too much or I'll be up all night worried. 8/6 seems like the setting I am going to go for.
Old 10-08-02, 03:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Definitely will keep you all informed on my impressions once I get my ride back. I was just reading through some old posts and noticed there was an issue with the TRD STB on the 430 with regards to the oil cap not being able to come off. I guess I will need to make sure the stock spacer is left on, but I am not sure since I am doing Tein HA as well. Oh well, I'll let my installer figure this one out. I can't stress too much or I'll be up all night worried. 8/6 seems like the setting I am going to go for.
yeah the STB won't fit on the 430. having spacers might actually help you with teh HA but i am not sure. either case after you put in the STB (assume you can) you will need a small soft hand to turn the **** for sure. that's what i have now, HA with TRD STB
Old 10-08-02, 12:35 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

On the 8 front/6 rear setting for the HA's, is that from the hardest setting (16/16) or from the lightest setting (0/0)? According to TEIN instructions, now all models are in English, they come from the factory at 10/10, I assume from the lightest setting?? Thanx guys
Old 10-08-02, 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it always counts from the softest setting
Old 10-08-02, 05:09 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

GS430 GUY, whats up buddy ! . Where you getting the stuff installed? You going to the place that installed my Tein or you found a better place?

Good luck with everything !
Old 10-08-02, 05:21 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

D-Man,

I went with a place closer to me in Glen Head, out on the Island, they are finishing the coilovers now, I'm picking the car up tomorrow. Only reason I selected them is they did my LSD & Borla install last year and I've had no problems. I'm sure install is going to be a lot more expensive than if I went to Brooklyn, but convenience took over for me. I'll report back tomorrow on how I like my new suspension, Tein & TRD parts. How are you liking your ride so far on the NYC streets? BTW, are u going to be able to make it to the meet this Sat?
Old 10-08-02, 09:48 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

D-Man,

I went with a place closer to me in Glen Head, out on the Island, they are finishing the coilovers now, I'm picking the car up tomorrow. Only reason I selected them is they did my LSD & Borla install last year and I've had no problems. I'm sure install is going to be a lot more expensive than if I went to Brooklyn, but convenience took over for me. I'll report back tomorrow on how I like my new suspension, Tein & TRD parts. How are you liking your ride so far on the NYC streets? BTW, are u going to be able to make it to the meet this Sat?
I am going to try to make it this saturday. I'm going upstate friday night to pick up a relative of mine and hopefully I can make it down in time.

Btw: I am planning on buying Borla's, where did you get yours? Can you PM me if you have any place that I can get it at?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Questions Before Install of Goodies :)