Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Oh my god ny i can't do it anymore

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-11, 12:37 AM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

its sad that i will have to raise her back up
Old 10-01-11, 12:42 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cali's not that great either i cracked my shine auto bumper twice already!! I might raise the car up some, but it looks so awesome low=(
Old 10-01-11, 07:06 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are funny, you should come down to Louisiana. There are random "ramps" everywhere in the streets, and random DEEP pot holes. Shreveport's solution to fix roads is to throw tar on TOP of whatever the issue is, not cut out it out and fix it. There are about 10 different locations in the route just to my office about 5 miles away that I can scrape my front subframe on going slow over.
Old 10-01-11, 08:56 AM
cavette
Driver

What kind of wheels are they? From a Nissan Z? They are too nice to be driving on bad roads.
Old 10-01-11, 09:23 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TechGreek
You guys are funny, you should come down to Louisiana. There are random "ramps" everywhere in the streets, and random DEEP pot holes. Shreveport's solution to fix roads is to throw tar on TOP of whatever the issue is, not cut out it out and fix it. There are about 10 different locations in the route just to my office about 5 miles away that I can scrape my front subframe on going slow over.

^^Same here in Houston..Its either construction, detour's, or some cheap patch in the road...I want coilovers, but wouldnt be able to enjoy the wheel tucking low seeing as how I have bottomed out even on springs.
Old 10-01-11, 09:34 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

jersey sucks man but wat happened ive bent 2 rims lol but watever idc ill be damned if i have to ride stock heght
Old 10-01-11, 09:43 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 414 Likes on 342 Posts

Oklahoma is the same way. It's dangerous to have a low car out here. I had to raise my SC up last summer, I still have trouble. I wish big cities would fix their roads.
Old 10-01-11, 10:50 AM
LameSC300
Pole Position

sounds like Tennessee. I swear I-40 in Knoxville is like driving through a mine field.
Old 10-01-11, 01:01 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

here in alberta, some of the roads are actually awful, i feel your pain man, but being low is so awesome some of the bigger cites around me i dont even bring my car into because of how awful the roads are.
Old 10-01-11, 02:36 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

I'm so used to bombing through holes and over bumps in my trucks that I'm going to have to get used to driving a car again. Hopefully I don't have to raise it up like you do. I live on a dirt road so that's going to be interesting too lol.
Old 10-02-11, 07:51 AM
stixsc300
Driver School Candidate

queens not as bad as Brooklyn..... cost me a oil pan on my lil'bro slammed civic....
south fla not as good as ppl think the highways yeah but it not to bad....
but try bigger tires
Old 10-02-11, 11:28 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

It's amazing that we are the top dog in the world military wise but can't even get the roads decent.

Its realistically a problem with the engineers and workers though. They don't seem to understand it the foundation is cracked throwing more concrete on top is not going to fix it.
Old 10-02-11, 04:35 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Hahah sound like Sydney, then all the semi trailers get to the freshly laid stuff and leave giant dips to the point you need to fight the steering wheel to keep the car straight.

Maybe just raising it just a tad might alleviate much of the teeth grinding everytime you go miss a crap stretch of road?
Old 10-03-11, 04:25 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember driving a lowered Civic in NYC for a couple of days about five years ago. I held my breath every time I came to a speed bump.

It is funny watching people in lowered cars, though. If you've owned or driven one before, then you give the guy in front of you wide berth and a lot of compassion when he does 5 mph in a parking lot. I also remember doing those wide swerves to avoid the speed bumps- my ex thought I was crazy because I used to drive about an extra 1/4 mile down the street to go into the alternative entrance to our complex. But it was to avoid those fracking bumps...

Grrrr...
Old 10-03-11, 05:19 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't get discouraged, you'll get used to it... i'm dodging ish all the time here in norcal...it's just part of it bro!

Quick Reply: Oh my god ny i can't do it anymore