Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Guys using UAS setup.. which coils are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 08:45 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGagnon
ah ok.. also MDSC i know the kit you got was pretty much all put together but how was install? im assuming once i pick a kit up me and a couple guys can tackle it..

any problems u ran into?

etc etc
Air ride is pretty simple, there are really only a few parts. Tank, Compressors, silinoids and bags. thats it lol

The Wiring is the nightmare. if you want a clean install you have to take alot of time in running wires and Air lines.

I tried my Best to help MDSC out with some of the stuff on the phone, But I had 4 Other people that were in the mix helping me when we put it in and took it out. To many chiefs not enough Indians. Wiring was a nightmare
Old 06-06-11, 03:17 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone running an additional battery for the compressor? Alternator upgrade inorder?
Strongly considering a Air kit very soon..

MDSC/JDM Muscle - how is the handling with these air suspension setups? I am not looking to drift with them or drag race but I would like to know I want rock in turns..
Old 06-07-11, 08:19 AM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

^ questions id like to know aswell
Old 06-07-11, 10:45 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Luv2xl
anyone running an additional battery for the compressor? Alternator upgrade inorder?

MDSC/JDM Muscle - how is the handling with these air suspension setups? I am not looking to drift with them or drag race but I would like to know I want rock in turns..
^ questions id like to know aswell

also, how is the leveling for the SC300? I am hearing reviews about the leveling being uneven on some corners.

Accuair has a great leveling product that I am considering to fix this, but I am concerned about weight transfer during corners and the system constantly kicking on to adjust. This could burn out the compressor pretty fast.. But I am not 100%..

unless of course it doesn't adjust during movement..
Old 06-07-11, 09:00 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

2 compressors at idle are putting a slight hurting on my charging system, i dont have any problems but the charging is at 12.5v at idle while both of the compressors are on...if you rev it up to 2k its at 14.1v. Now i also have a 18 year old altenator with 237k miles on it...so far no issues no need for another battery especially if you run 1 compressor.
Handling i couldnt tell you i dont go flying into the turns, this system right now is a 2 line split system not the best for handling. If you run 4 sep lines to all 4 bags on coils it should handle just fine.

Last edited by MDSC; 06-07-11 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-07-11, 09:04 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

also, how is the leveling for the SC300? I am hearing reviews about the leveling being uneven on some corners.

Accuair has a great leveling product that I am considering to fix this, but I am concerned about weight transfer during corners and the system constantly kicking on to adjust. This could burn out the compressor pretty fast.. But I am not 100%..

unless of course it doesn't adjust during movement..
i dont see it being a problem if you run on coils. Remember majority of the cars out there are not 100% leveled. If you adjust the coils you can compensate. Check out my post in vip section about controllers...people love their accuair set ups...i plan on running one myself here soon. Constantly messing with switches while driving is getting on my nerves slightly but overall i'm way more happier with air over static for what i'm trying to do with my car.
Old 06-07-11, 09:08 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Air ride is pretty simple, there are really only a few parts. Tank, Compressors, silinoids and bags. thats it lol

The Wiring is the nightmare. if you want a clean install you have to take alot of time in running wires and Air lines.

I tried my Best to help MDSC out with some of the stuff on the phone, But I had 4 Other people that were in the mix helping me when we put it in and took it out. To many chiefs not enough Indians. Wiring was a nightmare
we need to drink a beer to that when your car is done
Old 06-08-11, 09:02 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
2 compressors at idle are putting a slight hurting on my charging system, i dont have any problems but the charging is at 12.5v at idle while both of the compressors are on...if you rev it up to 2k its at 14.1v. Now i also have a 18 year old altenator with 237k miles on it...so far no issues no need for another battery especially if you run 1 compressor.
Handling i couldnt tell you i dont go flying into the turns, this system right now is a 2 line split system not the best for handling. If you run 4 sep lines to all 4 bags on coils it should handle just fine.
Well I wouldn't saying doing 80 on a 25 turn.. and I am talking about a nice apex corner.. does it handle. In comparison to the "on rail" feeling of your previous BC's, how is the handling??

That may be what I need to do then. Would a tank with 4 ports be necessary, right?
Old 06-08-11, 07:37 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Well I wouldn't saying doing 80 on a 25 turn.. and I am talking about a nice apex corner.. does it handle. In comparison to the "on rail" feeling of your previous BC's, how is the handling??

That may be what I need to do then. Would a tank with 4 ports be necessary, right?
a selenoid box that controls 4 corners is necessary...right now my car handles like it did with stock struts and espelir springs...if i switch to all 4 corners im sure it will handle much better. On a coilover with adjustment and bag preload...and all 4 corners separate i'm sure it will handle very well. but you will also need to raise it when you want to handle better..that way you put more air in the bags so it has less sway.
Old 06-09-11, 07:02 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
a selenoid box that controls 4 corners is necessary...right now my car handles like it did with stock struts and espelir springs...if i switch to all 4 corners im sure it will handle much better. On a coilover with adjustment and bag preload...and all 4 corners separate i'm sure it will handle very well. but you will also need to raise it when you want to handle better..that way you put more air in the bags so it has less sway.
music to my ears.. so it is possible to get good handling out of these. Also.. (i am assuming here) with a very good quality set of bags, this should be good.

Last edited by Luv2xl; 06-09-11 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-09-11, 07:31 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

So i was reading an old thread where I came across some disturbing pictures.. One of the bags on a SCX00 was rubbing along the inside strut tower which eventually caused a tear in the bag..

Now, MDSC or anyone on bags that reads this, what size bags are you running to avoid this catastrophe?
Old 06-09-11, 04:51 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Uas only has one size bag... sc has a slight problem with bag interfeerance in the front...when you take your old suspension out take a sledge hammer and beat the metal where the bag would sit when its on the car...it dosent need much at all., so it does not touch.
Old 06-09-11, 08:45 PM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Not to hijack...but is there a genreral consensus about UAS systems? Are they thought to be great, average or mediocre? Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-09-11, 09:12 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

so boys... i have a sale pending for that Ksport air setup in the classified section... AIR COMING SOON!
Old 06-10-11, 12:32 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

so boys... i have a sale pending for that Ksport air setup in the classified section... AIR COMING SOON!
nice!

i may end up going with a kit being sold in CL as well..

Quick Reply: Guys using UAS setup.. which coils are you using?