Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport springs out, BC Coilovers in FTW

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-11, 03:08 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slixx
w0000 >>Works VS-XX Brombacher.<< These are SICK! If you're broke like me get Varrstoen 1.1.2. Pretty similar. Minus the name brand.
Yea I love those rims. One day when I feel like splurging I order a set. Those Varrstoens, are they forged or at least the barrels are forged? I have bad experiences of non-forged rim lips denting easily or going out of round due to the slightest potholes. Forged can take a beating more with the potholes thats always popping up.

Originally Posted by freeflight
Thanks dude, I will look into it.
Np, post pics up when you lower your convertible whether its with springs or coilovers!

Originally Posted by lowis250
nice coils bro
Thanks
Old 10-12-15, 10:59 AM
KNIEVEL250
Driver School Candidate

How are these BC coilovers compared to TEIN Street Advanced or HKS HIPERMAX MAX IV GT?
Old 10-14-15, 03:16 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bc are a great bang for your buck on a street car.
Teins are another great option although some reviews claim to be on the bouncy side. We don't get too many requests for those.

HKS are comparable but more expensive for a similar design to BC's. Depending on the car the spring rates are 'sometimes' not as aggressive as BC's rates.
'Feel" is a personal opinion so what may feel comfy to me may not be to you. I can only answer your question based on reviews and feedback from our sales in the past. Hope this helps a bit!

- Abel
Old 10-19-15, 08:47 AM
KNIEVEL250
Driver School Candidate

So these BC coilovers keep more of the comfortable Lexus ride? How often do you have to have these rebuilt? I am just a regular "spirited" driver. I don't ever track it or anything. I just want it mainly for stance and handling. Should I have a shop install them? I assume a full alignment needs to be done after?
Old 10-19-15, 12:04 PM
KNIEVEL250
Driver School Candidate

Here's another question for you. Will having these coilovers installed void any of my warranties? Sorry for all the stupid questions but I have never had coilovers before and thank you in advance for all the help.
Old 10-19-15, 03:39 PM
KNIEVEL250
Driver School Candidate

Does anybody know where I can have coilovers installed in Orange County California? Other than Stillen. They gave me a quote of 714.00 for install only and then another 125.00 for alignment. That seemed a little high for a direct suspension swap. Or am I way off base?
Old 10-19-15, 11:46 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KNIEVEL250
Does anybody know where I can have coilovers installed in Orange County California? Other than Stillen. They gave me a quote of 714.00 for install only and then another 125.00 for alignment. That seemed a little high for a direct suspension swap. Or am I way off base?
Go to tommy at music box in El Monte. 948 N Durfee Ave #C 626 823-2853
Old 10-20-15, 11:37 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

$714.00 for installation is a fair price. It may not be cheap, but STILLEN Prides ourselves on quality work and doing things correctly. We have fixed a lot of bad installs from other shops so trusting a performance shop that has a reputation and warranty of work is worth the little extra.
Old 10-21-15, 08:19 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

So these BC coilovers keep more of the comfortable Lexus ride? How often do you have to have these rebuilt? I am just a regular "spirited" driver. I don't ever track it or anything. I just want it mainly for stance and handling. Should I have a shop install them? I assume a full alignment needs to be done after?
With Swift Springs they'll have a close to OEM feel. We recommend a reputable shop install your suspension so no....it will not void your warranty at all.

Each coilover is built to withstand the highest abuse although we cannot control each individuals driving habits nor the enviornment they take them. We've had customers have these last 5 yrs before ordering replacement parts so they are built pretty stuff

- Abel
Old 10-21-15, 08:27 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by STILLEN
$714.00 for installation is a fair price. It may not be cheap, but STILLEN Prides ourselves on quality work and doing things correctly. We have fixed a lot of bad installs from other shops so trusting a performance shop that has a reputation and warranty of work is worth the little extra.
agreed. That extra security goes a long way if you ever have problems.

-Abel
Old 10-21-15, 08:39 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
With Swift Springs they'll have a close to OEM feel. We recommend a reputable shop install your suspension so no....it will not void your warranty at all.

Each coilover is built to withstand the highest abuse although we cannot control each individuals driving habits nor the enviornment they take them. We've had customers have these last 5 yrs before ordering replacement parts so they are built pretty stuff

- Abel
Definitely go with the SWIFT Springs
Old 10-26-15, 09:31 AM
KNIEVEL250
Driver School Candidate

Okay, so having Stillen do the install is a good idea for quality and warranty purposes. Just seems weird to pay almost the same price for the install and alignment as the coilovers cost.You said something about SWIFT springs? Is this what the BC coilovers come with or is it another thing I need to buy? Sorry, I know I keep asking stupid questions but I am new to coilovers.
Old 10-26-15, 11:07 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Okay, so having Stillen do the install is a good idea for quality and warranty purposes. Just seems weird to pay almost the same price for the install and alignment as the coilovers cost.You said something about SWIFT springs? Is this what the BC coilovers come with or is it another thing I need to buy? Sorry, I know I keep asking stupid questions but I am new to coilovers.
BC Offers it as an upgrade to their standard coilovers. Swift springs are much higher quality and a linear rate.
Old 10-26-15, 12:16 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by STILLEN
BC Offers it as an upgrade to their standard coilovers. Swift springs are much higher quality and a linear rate.

yup! It's a higher quality spring and uses less coils. It's separate cost but will be shipped to you with those springs already installed. If not they will come with BC Springs. they are good but Swift is better and helps maintain as close to OEM quality ride as possible.
Old 10-26-15, 12:21 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

weird, for high quality suspension already assembled and fully adjustable for track or daily driving? We don't think so. lol. (busting ya chops)

The cost for piecing a setup (unless track specific) isn't worth it anymore. Buy it in parts, pay to have suspension removed, springs installed on struts and install new ones is the same it not more labor money than to install an already assembled kit.

Believe us when we say you get what you pay for. BC and Swift deliver with this combo kit

Quick Reply: F-Sport springs out, BC Coilovers in FTW