Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

AWD guys that went from springs to coils

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 05:39 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AWD guys that went from springs to coils

my question is for the AWD guys that were on Fsport springs or Eibach with the same drop. Did you switch to coils because you wanted to go lower? Or was the ride quality poor on springs? Also my concern is the uneven drop that the AWD gives you on springs. Is it that noticable?
Old 01-27-11, 05:49 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flektone
my question is for the AWD guys that were on Fsport springs or Eibach with the same drop. Did you switch to coils because you wanted to go lower? Or was the ride quality poor on springs? Also my concern is the uneven drop that the AWD gives you on springs. Is it that noticable?
if your even considering springs for the AWD, get Road Magnets. 2 Inch drop all around and your handling becomes way better than stock.

I went from Road Magnets to BCR Coils to Air suspension mainly for being low.
Old 01-27-11, 05:56 AM
TicDatDo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran F Sport Springs for a while and then switch to BCR Coils. The F Sport springs are not uneven, it just seems uneven when you look at it. The reason for that is the top of the wheel well is higher in front. It bothers some people(like me)but it actually is not that bad. Ride quality on F Sport is pretty good. Good sporty feeling, lower than stock, and of course its from lexus so its under warranty. Coils, (I have BCR so ill talk about them) Rides very well with a nice drop. You can adjust your ride quality and how low you go. I have it on the lowest setting right now and somewhat pretty stiffness. No rubbing for that I only have stock wheels on. Good luck!
Old 01-27-11, 06:07 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

im just looking for a minimal drop, like how the audi's, BMW's, Benz's come stock. I keep going back and fourth in my head on fsports or coils. Ive never had coils before. I just dont think I want to deal with adjusting them. Im also sure they wont last as long as the fsport shocks. I cant be bothered with rebuilding.
Old 02-15-11, 06:03 PM
NJ330
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flektown,

where in nj are you,,,im going to be installing the f sports in a few days/week
Old 02-15-11, 06:27 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

To me coilover the way to go. Gets you the drop you want and the option to change later without paying again. You don't alway have to change it unless you want too with coilover. When I looked at the dealership awd with fsport spring it looked like a fat lady sitting in the rear. Was noticeable to me that why I was the first to get bcr coilover. They used my stock suspension to make it. As for rebuild bcr you diy with the kit each goes for $90 which ain't expensive and no down time. Do it once do it rite or just keep paying.By the way some coilover last past 40k without rebuild. So they do last.