Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport-Springs-Only Didn't Work Too Well

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-10, 10:24 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

His ^^^ car looks REALLY nice on F sport spring/shocks.
Old 11-05-10, 11:01 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

here some of my pics that I installed the F-sport springs and shocks two week ago. it look lower than I though I think some car still look high with these set up due to the installer didn't align the top mount pillow part when they took out the old springs, and there is the rubber piece got shrink in like half an inch? if they install the new springs end to where the shrunk rubber where the top mount is, that would give them look low here some pics from my car. these are both front pics:

here the rear:

Old 11-06-10, 06:58 PM
is350wh
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Micaiah: Your car looks GREAT!!!

quang: Thanks. That helps.

ohiois350: All I can say is WOW. Those wheels look great. Only one problem - Those 20"s look so incredible, it is adding yet another variable for me to consider. Very nice.
Old 11-06-10, 08:50 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Thanks IS350WH, to me, I think 20" flow well on our 2nd IS's and 19" flow well on 1st IS, which I've had before, but all depend on people taste
Old 11-08-10, 09:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Something is not right w/OP's car and I would be afraid of that service department.
Old 11-09-10, 11:18 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ohiois350
here some of my pics that I installed the F-sport springs and shocks two week ago. it look lower than I though I think some car still look high with these set up due to the installer didn't align the top mount pillow part when they took out the old springs, and there is the rubber piece got shrink in like half an inch? if they install the new springs end to where the shrunk rubber where the top mount is, that would give them look low here some pics from my car. these are both front pics:

here the rear:

can you explain this better? It doesnt make much sense
Old 11-09-10, 04:02 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Ok here what I think, and how I did on the installation, when I took the springs and shocks apart, and the upper top pillow has the rubber piece sit on top of the coil, that rubber shrunk in almost half of an inch, when I put the F-sport springs and shocks togheter, I align the top pillow mount where the rubber was shrunk in on the top of the new coil, that how I got it a little lower, I did two cars, one is my friend 350 and my. I installed his car first, but I didn't align the shrunk rubber part on his, but I did on my car, and I tell you my car is sit lower than his car, here close up for the front drop

that is on the passenger side, and on the driver side even lower
Old 11-09-10, 06:53 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Ok here what I think, and how I did on the installation, when I took the springs and shocks apart, and the upper top pillow has the rubber piece sit on top of the coil, that rubber shrunk in almost half of an inch, when I put the F-sport springs and shocks togheter, I align the top pillow mount where the rubber was shrunk in on the top of the new coil, that how I got it a little lower, I did two cars, one is my friend 350 and my. I installed his car first, but I didn't align the shrunk rubber part on his, but I did on my car, and I tell you my car is sit lower than his car, here close up for the front drop

that is on the passenger side, and on the driver side even lower
yeah but that shrunkin in rubber piece probably means its worn. I know when I installed new springs/shocks on my VW @ 60k I replaced some type of rubber mount. What exactly are your saying? That you just left the shrunkin in rubber piece in there? That doesnt sound good to me. I mean its great that you got your fsports to sit lower then most. But it seems like you have a worn rubber mount or something in there thats allowing it to sit lower. That has to effect the ride quality in some sort of way. The rubber wouldnt be there if it didnt serve a purpose
Old 11-09-10, 07:14 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

no it not the worn rubber part, that rubber is noise insulation so it help the coil prevent direct in touch with the upper mount, so that rubber stick with upper mount, that the part we don't have to change out. that rubber is about 1 inch thick that help the coil from direct touch the upper mount. If you swap out the springs, you will find out what I trying to say, it hard to explain due to my English
Old 11-09-10, 07:23 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had oem 07 sport suspension in my car before I changed my setup.

I now have F sport shocks AND springs. It's still somewhat bouncy and softer then I prefer. It's a very soft ride. Coming from 5 evos before this, I prefer a stiffer ride. I'm going to do what I should have done from the start and get KW V3's next.
Old 11-09-10, 07:26 PM
Micaiah

Ohio, I think that looks great.
Old 11-09-10, 07:33 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Ohio, I think that looks great.
thanks Micaiah, did you have the suspension install yet? if yet how it turn out?
Old 11-09-10, 08:06 PM
Micaiah

Yes I did! Just got it back today. The drop is perfect, the ride is smooth but bouncy and I can feel the bumps that rise from the road. I'm so glad that I didn't go for coils. At this point, the way I look at it, is that I dont have to worry about setting anything in terms of experimenting with height, rebuilding them or getting alignments each time.

Thanks for all of your PMs and the pictures you sent.
Old 11-10-10, 07:02 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

you welcome this morning I drop my car off for the value spring recall, and I have read through a lot of posts people said they have more trouble after the recall, now it make me more nervous
Old 11-10-10, 07:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Yes I did! Just got it back today. The drop is perfect, the ride is smooth but bouncy and I can feel the bumps that rise from the road. I'm so glad that I didn't go for coils. At this point, the way I look at it, is that I dont have to worry about setting anything in terms of experimenting with height, rebuilding them or getting alignments each time.

My observations are the same. I've had Eibach 350's on my IS for over a year (they are same as F-Sport springs) with good results and no problems. IMO it's important to have an experienced and fully equipped shop do the installation and alignment for best results.

Quick Reply: F-Sport-Springs-Only Didn't Work Too Well