Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

megans vs stance coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-10, 03:32 PM
tipp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megans vs stance coilovers

wasup fellas, need some feed back on your knowledge and experience with these 2 brand coilovers..and which would be the best bet! focusing on price/performance/liability/which one goes lower
Old 07-27-10, 03:50 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

if you want quality, go for stance.
Old 07-27-10, 04:29 PM
we todd it
Rookie

x2 for stance. i have the GR+. great coilovers
Old 07-27-10, 05:15 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

No question stance ftw
Old 07-27-10, 06:29 PM
lobster305
Driver School Candidate

wat up tipp you want price and quality and go low get the bc racing coilovers there number is 407-325-2176 ask for tristan cool guy.
Old 07-28-10, 12:58 PM
duckJAI
Driver

for stance users, how much preload are you guys doing?
Old 07-28-10, 01:03 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

quick question for those that have chimed in here.... why is it exactly you have come to the conclusion that Stance is better quality? Megans have been out longer and went thru some growing pains so I could understand that view point but curious how so many arrive to such conclusions.
Old 07-28-10, 04:16 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I can't comment on the stance, no experience. But I've had the megan's for a while and they are still riding good.

You ask which will go lower, I can say the megans will go lower than you will be able to drive. Mine's dumped a good 4" (stock 16"s), and that was one of the reasons I went with them (next to cost)..
Old 07-28-10, 04:21 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It also depends on what goals you are trying to achieve. Dollar for dollar Megans are about the best quality and price you can get out there and just because stance's maybe more expensive or people say they are better quality doesnt mean they are.

They both go really low, im pretty sure they will give the same drop but since the stance's have higher spring rates they are going to give a bit firmer ride. So it really depends on what you want out of your set up. And don't think just because one's more expensive then it is better built. If you're between the two go with BC racing, you can customize your spring rates, dampening and theres an option for an extreme lowering kit that will drop you car to the pavement!
Old 07-28-10, 06:45 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Stance, from a Stance GR+ user.

No leaks, superior performance, on going 2 years strong daily driven, and like any other damn coilovers you can not expect a stock smooth ride the stupidest low you go.

Keep in mind that Im rollin on 18's, no RCA's, and still have more threads to go lower.

Dara
Old 07-31-10, 12:06 AM
tipp
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the feedback fellas, highly appreciated
Old 07-31-10, 11:15 AM
gsjason300
Lead Lap

megans stance doubt their is a big difference, i got megans love them never regretted them, stance probably just a little better then megan but 400 dolla differnce that lil difference aint gonna pay that 400 off but if i had 2 choose at the same price of course stance hahahahaha if i had high dollar id go jic.
Old 06-24-11, 06:33 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Allot of these coil-over sets are made in Taiwan or some plant in China. Chances they're all made within a few blocks of each other. I've seen various brands come out of the same warehouse loading docks and wondered how much marketing plays a role in US perspective.

There are the few legitimate suspension manufacturers like Cusco, Zeal, HKS, and Ohlins... of course I'm leaving out many other credible manufacturers that actually do extensive testing and research but these few pop out immediately.

In regards to the OP, Megans and Stance have to be considered equal in quality. It comes down to personal preference really.

Megans will be cheaper initially while the Stance will have better resell value on the used market should you decide to upgrade later or go back to stock. The OP should really consider how long he wants to use these coilovers and choose based off of that.
Old 06-24-11, 09:26 PM
airmax
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UptownGS
In regards to the OP, Megans and Stance have to be considered equal in quality. It comes down to personal preference really.
i am curious, how did you come to this conclusion?
Old 06-24-11, 09:39 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UptownGS
quick question for those that have chimed in here.... why is it exactly you have come to the conclusion that Stance is better quality? Megans have been out longer and went thru some growing pains so I could understand that view point but curious how so many arrive to such conclusions.
x2..........

However My megans for the 03-07 Accord began leaking w/in a few months of ownership. My Function Form Type 2's on my civic have been going strong, and have been driven harder for the greater part of a year.

in for serious facts on Stance vs, Megan:

Quick Reply: megans vs stance coilovers