Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension Haul

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 11:08 PM
gs430rob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Haul

I just would like to give big ups to the following:

GSteg - Daizen Steering Rack Bushing - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...k-bushing.html

Chenzo26 - DIY Lower Ball Joint - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-pictures.html

jonathancl - GS430 L-Tuned Suspension Install - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...n-install.html

I just replaced my front and rear springs and struts with OEM components, front and rear sway bar bushings from Daizen, the steering rack bushings from Daizen, and Lexus lower ball joints. "Wow" is all I can say. I have a 2001 Lexus GS430, completely stock, with a good 95,000 miles.

The Daizen sway bar and steering rack bushings should of came with the car from the factory. A lot more responsive, a little less roll, and comfortable(not LS comfort). I feel a lot more confident driving around. I had a decision to keep Lexus OEM springs and struts or Eibach and KYB gr-2's, and I am more than satisfied with the OEM set up.

I previously owned a manual 1987 Toyota Supra, manual 2004 Lexus IS300, automatic 2005 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, and a manual 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs.

With the Supra it was fast and handled "well" but it was a boat with no convenience. Enough room for the driver and the passenger, back seats were useless but made the car feel roomy with them being folded down. I had problems with the engine, had to take it out twice since things weren't done right the first. Rough idle, loud, a man's man car!

The IS300 was light, agile, and being in the drivers "cockpit" was more to my liking then all the other cars, yet it did not possess the stock HP that I wanted with out major modifications.

The 2004 Audi seemed bigger than it was, a very handsome and classy car, not as quick and did not handle the way I wanted with my liking due to the Quattro(AWD) system, and at only having 35,000miles it came with little problems that needed to be taken to the dealership. I did not have time to have my car taken to the dealership every month for little problems as for the window not rolling up, or the TRAC light staying on, or the storage compartments being stuck.

The 2001 Subaru Impreza definitely was a fun car to modify. Tons of upgrades. Handled on rails, had the bare amount power that I needed/not really what I wanted, and has good support forums. Riding in the Subaru was like being in a Roller Coaster, bumpy, harsh and stiff. Not very mature looking. A gas saver compared to the others.

All these cars I loved their pro's and their flaws, but the Lexus GS430 is a good mix of them all besides the AWD system. Fast, comfortable, elegant, "spacious", just as much MPG with the other vehicles given or taken besides the Subaru, and reliable, all characteristics up to a certain respect. The weakest point of them all is the handling, not quite smooth and not that close to sporty. Hopefully with my future goals for the car, it will be exactly what I want until she dies.

I plan on getting a set of RCA's for both front and rear to lower the vehicle, Daizen Front Suspension Bushings, a set of 18x8's, and wheel spacers. I just want a sweeter daily driver and I believe this is all I have left for the car.

Thanks Club Lexus for all the help and information that I obtained.
Old 07-08-10, 12:36 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

been on here a long time for only 3 posts....

search WIN btw....

glad u got some good results
Old 07-08-10, 01:28 PM
gs430rob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been busy with school and work, finally been able to add some insight.
Old 07-08-10, 07:18 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

let the REAL modding begin!!!
Old 07-09-10, 11:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by gs430rob
I've been busy with school and work, finally been able to add some insight.
its all good, just giving you some props for searching
Old 07-09-10, 12:04 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
let the REAL modding begin!!!
agree! maintenance done REAL MODDING NOWWW!!