Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS250 AWD - After lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 01:49 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just had mine lowered on road magnets 2 weeks ago, with no shakes at all. i did an alignment right after lowering, and i think you need to do it asap. i got one more coming up after 1k km.

on alignment right after lowering:
Originally Posted by SorrGwa
depends on the car, i believe the IS doesnt have camber adjust at the rears right? but when u lower the car, you change the geometry, so its best ot get the alignment done right after, then have it re checked some kms down the road after everything settles.
Originally Posted by Muggy
^Sorrgwa is absolutely correct. Our IS do not have the camber adjust so yes, you must do an alignment right after installation. Than another one after the springs settles.

i don't know if it's your wheel alignment that's causing the shakes, but just get it done.
Old 04-06-10, 02:25 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had RM springs on my AWD for over 30k and no issues. I had a slight shake at one point and it turned out to be a wheel out of balance. Make sure your tires are good. and the alignment is correct.
BTW, I love the way the car feels on these. It made it just right. They did take a few months to really settle in.
Old 04-06-10, 02:44 PM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

i wish i have 2" to lower my car ><

I think 1.3" is max i would go for, but too bad they only made the springs to drop 2"
Old 04-06-10, 03:12 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kenny_evo
i wish i have 2" to lower my car ><

I think 1.3" is max i would go for, but too bad they only made the springs to drop 2"
your thinking in RWD terms... AWD is about 1 inch higher than the stock RWD so his 2 inch drop is the same as a 1 inch drop on a RWD.

I have owned and drove on RM's and loved it for what it was. Way better than stock.

Some AWD owners experience vibrations when changing from stock springs however. The guy I bought my BCR coils from had vibrations on Springs and Coils. I have his exact coils and no issues. I have a 06 with a 12/05 build date for reference.
Old 04-06-10, 03:16 PM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
your thinking in RWD terms... AWD is about 1 inch higher than the stock RWD so his 2 inch drop is the same as a 1 inch drop on a RWD.

I have owned and drove on RM's and loved it for what it was. Way better than stock.

Some AWD owners experience vibrations when changing from stock springs however. The guy I bought my BCR coils from had vibrations on Springs and Coils. I have his exact coils and no issues. I have a 06 with a 12/05 build date for reference.
mine is AWD and i went to parking lot to measure the height, but 2" looks very low, you sure it works with no problem?

Maybe i should take a pictures when i do the measurement. So you guys can give some suggestions. If i can get the springs instead of coils that would be great, cuz for coils i will need to save a little bit first
Old 04-06-10, 03:20 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

yeah, i owned the springs "shuturmout" just installed and had no problems. I dont know what kind of a gap you can expect on 18's but I had 20's and minimal to no gap. I will look for some pics later tonight if I can find them.

Coils are sick though because you can adjust the height anytime you want and dampening as well.

You should still go with the coils for better performance. Just keep an eye out for a used set.
Old 04-06-10, 03:23 PM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
yeah, i owned the springs "shuturmout" just installed and had no problems. I dont know what kind of a gap you can expect on 18's but I had 20's and minimal to no gap. I will look for some pics later tonight if I can find them.

Coils are sick though because you can adjust the height anytime you want and dampening as well.

You should still go with the coils for better performance. Just keep an eye out for a used set.
totally agree with you, for immediately drops i can go with springs and in the mean while look for a used set of BC Racing

20's with no gap any rubbing issue?
Old 04-06-10, 05:28 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kenny_evo
totally agree with you, for immediately drops i can go with springs and in the mean while look for a used set of BC Racing

20's with no gap any rubbing issue?
no. Occasionally I would get a tiny 1 second rub on the top of the fender in the rears on dips.
Old 04-06-10, 06:27 PM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

here is what it look like now

Last edited by kenny_evo; 04-06-10 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-06-10, 06:35 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem. I lowered the car on BC coilovers and I have also done 3 aligmment and wheel balancing, still had the problem 20mph+ then the shaking goes away. I have had it dropped for about a year or so I have had to change my CV boots. Other ppl on the forums had this problem aswell.
Old 04-06-10, 07:36 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know if this can cause shaking but did you install shock/struts to? You cant just put lowering springs on with stock shocks/struts. You will blow them out in no time.
Old 04-06-10, 08:22 PM
Stokeless
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cristian0
I have the same problem. I lowered the car on BC coilovers and I have also done 3 aligmment and wheel balancing, still had the problem 20mph+ then the shaking goes away. I have had it dropped for about a year or so I have had to change my CV boots. Other ppl on the forums had this problem aswell.
anyway to fix this or is this ok...
Old 04-06-10, 08:51 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stokeless
anyway to fix this or is this ok...
No one has been able to yet. Its more like luck of the draw.. Some get the vibrations and some dont. If I got them, id probably have sold my car for a 350 or F by now.
Old 04-06-10, 08:54 PM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

check the wheels they secured on?
i kno when i put my eibacks on i didnt have a problem when i had my volks on but when i put my stock wheels back on i had slight vibrations till i got all the wheels rebalanced, that could be it.

they say get an alignement when changing ride height or wheels from what i hear
Old 04-07-10, 03:51 AM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

anymore pics of rides dropped with road magnet springs? pretty interested with the 2" drop lol

Quick Reply: IS250 AWD - After lowering springs