Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

HKS Hipermax III CLX or BC Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-10, 06:36 PM
binh
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Hipermax III CLX or BC Racing Coilovers

anyone have experience with both? i've only had experience with teins and always wanted hks. i'm looking for something in between tein cst and tein flex. not too soft and not too stiff. i read some stuff on bc racing and they were pretty positive and same for hks. is the price premium for hks worth it? i like the fact that the bc racing has extenders and are easy to rebuild. technical info or another recommendation would be great also.
Old 03-03-10, 01:17 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo_LX
I've heard good things about the max III ... there are some good things about BC depending what you're doing with it. Honestly, those kinds would probably be nice just for DD and you won't do anything too hardcore for them. Thus why they are "bang for your buck" type coils. Other than that I see them not lasting long or worst case breaking in half but plus side would be good cheap all around.

I would look into the max III
i have my BCR for over two yrs with no issues and honestly what does Max III do for extra grand a B.J you mite say it cheap but megan are cheaper in price and ever body on this 2IS still rocking them with no harm. there not high end but im yet to hear them breaking in half.
Old 03-10-10, 02:56 PM
binh
Rookie

anyone have an idea on how many miles until it needs rebuilding?
Old 03-12-10, 12:18 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo_LX
Well i guess it's one of those things... honestly things break anyways. And I know people rock BC. But the breaking part I read about it on evo forum. Where this guy is daily driving and out of nowhere it breaks. He has pics of it too... anyways i'll post it up when I find it.

Other than that two good brand i guess... just depends on your budget
funny... you keep quoting other forums and telling us that you'll post it when you find it, but i have yet to see any solid evidence coming from you (or anyone else) to support your statements. while i can respect your opinion on a subjective level, if you're trying to go from opinion to fact, at least have something more to offer than just "i'll post it up when i find it." /OT

on an objective level, the coilovers offerings for the 2is are not of inferior quality (contrary to what Turbo_LX would lead you to believe). while some are standard cookie-cutter designs shared by everyone else, other incorporate obvious (or not-so-obvious) design "improvements". at the end of the day, they all function the same way.

i only know of one other member that has the HKS hipermax III CLX, and from my conversations with him they are NOT cheap. at that price point, you are looking at competition-level coilovers, and it may be overkill for daily driving.

on the other end of the discussion, many 2is owners are on BC racing coilovers, and there hasn't been a complaint coming from them either. obviously the cost less, but many BC racing coilover owners are happy with them. hell, the same goes for other 2is owners with other brands of coilovers. most of the complaints that come from 2is owners w/ coilover are either due to 1. owner/installer error or 2. lack of functionality knowledge - neither of which have to do with the coilovers themselves.

imho it ultimately does come down to your budget and what you're looking for. good luck, and thanks for reading.
Old 03-15-10, 02:53 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Compared to the money you'll spend on the HKS, the BCR is a better cost vs. performance purchase.
Old 03-31-10, 04:30 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but for performance and comfort would you pick HKS or BCR, if you have the money?
Old 03-31-10, 05:26 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

you can get just as much "performance" and "comfort" from other brands as you will from those two brands.

but if money is of no object, the HKS hipermax III CLX's. however, do note that HKS USA has them listed on their website for $2,295.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=3447

obviously, pricing will vary by dealers, but still expect to pay a lot for them.
Old 04-02-10, 11:42 AM
binh
Rookie

i ended up getting the bc racing coilovers and i'm quite happy with them. left me with extra money to mod my projectors
Old 04-02-10, 05:58 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

Congrats and let's seem some pictures of them on your car!
Old 04-04-10, 11:07 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Very nice pick up!

These coilovers are definitely a bettery value over the HKS coils. Most IS guys do not track their cars enough to take advantage of the HKS so it's a waste. Leave those coils for those who are more serious about tracking.

***** out, if I had all the money in the world, I'd get the HKS in a heartbeat and not look back. But if you just want a drop that may ride decent, then these coilovers will serve you well